Thread: gluten free

Default gluten free

My best friend and her boyfriend will be joining us at CTI in October to celebrate my husband's birthday. She has celiac disease and requires a gluten free diet. Has anyone had any experience with finding or requesting gluten free at CTI? Any tips for her would be appreciated.

Best advise is to contact the resort directly, I am certain that Chef Stephan (think I spelled that right) will be able to take care of your friend.

I would suggest bring your own foods and ask if couples can cook them. What about Ital foods , check the Couples Restaurant menu on the left bar.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMMIN KEN View Post
    I would suggest bring your own foods and ask if couples can cook them. What about Ital foods , check the Couples Restaurant menu on the left bar.
    No, don't bring your own food. For one, it won't get through Customs. Two, Couples will accomodate your dietary needs.

We have travelled to Couples with someone who must eat a gluten free diet and they had no trouble. You can contact the resort ahead of time, but also follow up when you arrive. Your friend can meet with the chef when you arrive. But since they won't know where your friend is eating throughout the day, just have your friend talk to each chef/server prior to ordering sothey are aware of her needs and something won't get accidentally served to her. No worries, mon! Couples will accomodate
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

When we were at CTI in July they did adjust for gluten free, but you still need to watch and ask.
    Irie Mon

I have a wheat intolerance and am at CSS at the moment so this is my experience. You can mention this to your server and the chef will come and speak to your friend regarding what contains gluten etc.. they can leave off sauces but that's as far as the accomodating goes. Main Courses will be ok but starters and desserts will be more of a problem. You can also try asking for something simple not on the menu which they may provide i.e. simple salad.