Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which resort is your favorite and why?

My fiance and i just had the best time of our life at Couples Sans Souci but it's the only one we've been too. We wanna try out another couples resort but are a little afraid the others won't be as great. So We'd just like to know what makes your favorite your favorite. Maybe that would help us decide if we try another one or go back to CSS. Thank u to all replies. )

My husband and I have been to all four resorts, and we prefer to spend all day, every day, of our Jamaica vacations on the beach. For that reason, we prefer the Negril resorts. Both CN and CSA are on fabulous stretches of beach. While we prefer CN (trip 15 fast approaching!), CSA is the most popular of the four Couples Resorts.

You shouldn't be afraid to try another resort if there's another one that appeals to you. You can expect similar service and similar food at all of the resorts. While each resort is unique, Couples strives to gives guests the same quality service at all four resorts.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We understand you completely. We love CSA. Not mentioning all the wonderful people who work there ‘cause I am sure all the resorts have a wonderful staff; its the beach, grounds and that Atrium room that does it for us. We love how CSA is laid out, with rooms in the more in the middle and restaurants on either end, one stroll from the Grill to Palms and we were hooked. CSA blends in with the natural beauty of the island and you feel like your in the Caribbean.

We figure if we ever get board with CSA then we have three other couple resorts to try. 68 days until we return home.

CSA - I love the atrium rooms. It is the only Couples resort that has this style of room. I have stayed in MANY resorts, and it is my favorite room of all my travels. I love the privacy of the lush vegetation. I also love the hammock and large verandah. The privacy because it is more of a villa set - up, with only 4 per building. I love when I stay on the first floor room to hear the knock on my patio door, telling me breakfast is waiting on the porch. If I stay in the second floor room, I love the cathedral ceiling, and COMPLETE privacy. My second favorite thing about CSA is the beach. I love the atmosphere, ( able to walk for miles and enjoy the local flavor of Negril ), the beach singers, the fact that it is huge ! I also love the warm, calm , clear water. ( if you liked the water at CSS, just wait until you try the Negril beaches, nothing compares. Good luck with your decision, and depending on how long you are traveling, consider a split trip between CSS and a Negril Couples. Remember you receive the Romance Rewards perks for each resort you visit !

CTI ~ We like the island

CSS ~ The beauty and romance

CN ~ The beach and swim-up pool bar (Lychee too!)

CSA ~ The beach (We love walking Long Bay)
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

CSS is amazing and my wife an I were married there and visited a total of 3 times now but for a change we went to CSA last year and are going back this year as well. It is a little more laid back and a true beach resort. The beach at CSS is small and man made. The Seven Mile Beach that CSA is on is all white sand and all natural with a gradual slope, calm waters, little if any sea weed, and occasional live starfish on the bottom at your feet. A great start to a day is a nice beach walk together while you check out the various beachfront locations along the way. Remember that the waters edge is a public beach. The pools are smaller and other than the bar area of the swim up not used as much as the beach. The snorkeling is way better as the reef there is still quite active. Great catamaran cruise down the coast with swimming into a shallow cave. Other than that they all have great food and drinks. Service is always top notch. CSA is in Negril facing west so the sunsets...oh yes, the sunsets...wow.

I think everyone will relate to your fear. I admire the people that "resort hop" they are such brave souls!
    We chose COR in 2005 because it was the oldest of the resorts and seemed to be the most romantic. We left our new home CTI last week and it was still just as romantic even though it is now the most modern of the couples chain.

Why we choose CTI year after year that may be different than your resort. I am going to leave out things like staff, food, drinks because I bet each resort is equal in all those aspects. Everyone will tell you this one makes the best drink, this one has the best food, and this resort has the best staff....they all do.

1. It is the perfect size. We don't like to walk alot while we are on vacation and this resort has the best layout. It has everything close together and making you feel like all other couples are far away. I don't know how but it never feels crowded even though it really is small for a resort. You can leave the swimup bar and in a minute you are at the beach grill eating or at the spa getting a massage.
    2. The Island. I did not want to stay at a resort that had al naturel access at the main resort. Even though it is a "couples" resort I didn't want to have to see someone naked when i was fully clothed and vice versa. I don't want someone fully clothed looking at me when I am naked. (unless it is my husband)
    The island is far enough away from the major resort that it eliminates the akward factor. If you want to get naked go and be with people like you. If not stay at the resort.
    3. The view from the tower on the Island. You have a 360 view of heaven. The feeling you have there is total peace. It is worth it just to have this experience by itself.
    4. The location. It is at the center of Jamaica so if you want to do any excursions you are in the middle of everything. There is so much to do in Ocho Rios. (Which so is CSS, so this may not help)
    5. The atmosphere. It is amazing how the vibe is exactly the way we want it. When we want to party we party. When we want to snuggle by the beach at night we snuggle. Whether we feel like love birds or party animals CTI and the people that go there can always match our needs.

With all of that being said if you love CSS stay there. If you do want to try something else do the secret rendezvous and let them decide for you.
    Just DO NOT do what we did. We wanted to try something different because we felt like we only saw Jamaica. We stayed at the absolutely BEAUTIFUL Resort in Mexico WITH THE ABSOLUTE MOST BORING STAFF EVER! Our entire vacation was spent saying "That bellhop is nothing like Everald" "That man serving us drinks never talks to us like Damion" "Wow if Antoinette could be in a competition with that woman she would win everytime"
    Notice I am referring to all of the staff at Mexico as "that man" "that woman" because they didn't care to get to know us and we didn't them. So my only suggestion is no matter what stick to Couples. No they don't pay me to say this but I wish they did Free trip Randymon? haha

Oh we definitely have no near future plans to go anywhere other than a couples resort. This was absolute eden. Thank you for the replies. We'll be hitting up CSA in 2013 but with a little bit of pressure I'm hoping to talk her into 2012.

CN.CSS.CTI

Love all three the best for different reasons..One thing they all have in common are their outstanding staff members.

I wish I had the time and $$$ to visit each of these three yearly.

Hugs from 10 0 C
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican352005 View Post
    I think everyone will relate to your fear. I admire the people that "resort hop" they are such brave souls!
    We chose COR in 2005 because it was the oldest of the resorts and seemed to be the most romantic. We left our new home CTI last week and it was still just as romantic even though it is now the most modern of the couples chain.

Why we choose CTI year after year that may be different than your resort. I am going to leave out things like staff, food, drinks because I bet each resort is equal in all those aspects. Everyone will tell you this one makes the best drink, this one has the best food, and this resort has the best staff....they all do.

1. It is the perfect size. We don't like to walk alot while we are on vacation and this resort has the best layout. It has everything close together and making you feel like all other couples are far away. I don't know how but it never feels crowded even though it really is small for a resort. You can leave the swimup bar and in a minute you are at the beach grill eating or at the spa getting a massage.
    2. The Island. I did not want to stay at a resort that had al naturel access at the main resort. Even though it is a "couples" resort I didn't want to have to see someone naked when i was fully clothed and vice versa. I don't want someone fully clothed looking at me when I am naked. (unless it is my husband)
    The island is far enough away from the major resort that it eliminates the akward factor. If you want to get naked go and be with people like you. If not stay at the resort.
    3. The view from the tower on the Island. You have a 360 view of heaven. The feeling you have there is total peace. It is worth it just to have this experience by itself.
    4. The location. It is at the center of Jamaica so if you want to do any excursions you are in the middle of everything. There is so much to do in Ocho Rios. (Which so is CSS, so this may not help)
    5. The atmosphere. It is amazing how the vibe is exactly the way we want it. When we want to party we party. When we want to snuggle by the beach at night we snuggle. Whether we feel like love birds or party animals CTI and the people that go there can always match our needs.

With all of that being said if you love CSS stay there. If you do want to try something else do the secret rendezvous and let them decide for you.
    Just DO NOT do what we did. We wanted to try something different because we felt like we only saw Jamaica. We stayed at the absolutely BEAUTIFUL Resort in Mexico WITH THE ABSOLUTE MOST BORING STAFF EVER! Our entire vacation was spent saying "That bellhop is nothing like Everald" "That man serving us drinks never talks to us like Damion" "Wow if Antoinette could be in a competition with that woman she would win everytime"
    Notice I am referring to all of the staff at Mexico as "that man" "that woman" because they didn't care to get to know us and we didn't them. So my only suggestion is no matter what stick to Couples. No they don't pay me to say this but I wish they did Free trip Randymon? haha

This was very helpful for me, Thank you! We are trying to deceide CSS vs CTI as we have been to CN, loved it but would like to try another resort.

MurciMe-I promise if you pick CTI you will love it. However I will admit if the only reason you go is to have a huge beach this resort is not for you. I have heard the beaches in Negril are amazing. The beach is beautiful at CTI but not miles upon miles of beautiful sand. Which that is another reason we love CTI. The beach is more intimate and you know everyone at the beach at CTI are staying at CTI. Like I said previously you do not feel crowded. They really do take a small resort and some how make it feel like you are the only people around sometimes. I say pick CTI but I am bias

Quote Originally Posted by Phishwich View Post
    My fiance and i just had the best time of our life at Couples Sans Souci but it's the only one we've been too. We wanna try out another couples resort but are a little afraid the others won't be as great. So We'd just like to know what makes your favorite your favorite. Maybe that would help us decide if we try another one or go back to CSS. Thank u to all replies. )
    What did you like about CSS?

For us it is CTI because of the staff, the island and again the staff.
    Irie Mon

Favorite Couples Resort? CSA

Why? Well..can't list everything,I'd be here all day, but here are a few reasons its our favorite resort: BEACH,atrium suite,,laid back and casual,no need for shoes except to go into restaurants,location on 7 mile beach and being able to easily explore rest of Negril,feeling of total relaxation as soon as I walk in the lobby,BEACH(worth saying twice)

Have also stayed at CSS ,CTI, and did 2 day passes to CN.All Couples Resorts are great and have different things to offer and I"m glad I spent some time at each ,and might return to CTI someday on a split trip , but for my husband and I CSA is a perfect fit.Headed back in June for trip 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican352005 View Post
    MurciMe-I promise if you pick CTI you will love it. However I will admit if the only reason you go is to have a huge beach this resort is not for you. I have heard the beaches in Negril are amazing. The beach is beautiful at CTI but not miles upon miles of beautiful sand. Which that is another reason we love CTI. The beach is more intimate and you know everyone at the beach at CTI are staying at CTI. Like I said previously you do not feel crowded. They really do take a small resort and some how make it feel like you are the only people around sometimes. I say pick CTI but I am bias
    Thanks for your help! We live in FL very close to many huge beaches, so we don't need miles and miles of beaches. We may actually be by the pool the majority of the time, who knows. By the look of the pics, it looks very nice to us, smaller but still lots of room on the beach.

Our favorite is CSS. We can't seem to get ourselves to go anywhere else. My husband is a nature lover, and the layout and foilage at CSS is one of the things we love. The feel of being more in a Villa than a hotel is one of the things we love. We did do trading places with CTI, But did not like the layout. To us it felt so much more like a hotel, others I am sure disagree. If you like the AN (which we do), I think CSS is great. However, you have to decide what you want. Check the others out, and see if any of them now call to you. Then decided what to do. Or do as someone else suggested and try the SR and let them decide for you.
    Linda

Lindad
    We are CTI loyals LOL, but we are going to do a day switch this trip to CSS. We love AN too and want to see what its like there. We've seen the pictures, and the AN area is off to the side of the resort. My question is the nightlife. CTI the parting stops (except for the paino bar or rooms) at 1030. How's the nightlife at CSS?
    We're going 27 Jan to 6 Feb. and will be visiting CSS. If we like it we will be going there next year.

This is a GREAT thread - wanted to bump it up and hear more answers!

jiniper 29, I can't tell you about the night life because I am and early to bed-early to rise type of person. We did go for a couple of shows one year when we were there, and it was a lot of fun, but after a day at SSB, and a hearty supper I am a good animal and usually just want to go to bed. (Usually not much later than 10 pm)
    Linda

We did CSS the year COR switched to CTI, and it was great. We even had some of our favorite CTI staff there working during the renovations, so it ALMOST felt like "home".

That said, our home is, and will be until we can afford 2 trips a year to try the West side; CTI. Staff, staff, staff, staff...FOOD...staff, staff. The ambiance, layout, and the Bayside just complete it.

My first trip to Couples was in August of 1987 to what was then called Couples Jamaica. It became Couples Ocho Rios, the second time I went, and is now Couples Tower Isle, which I went to for the first time in many years October 2011. CTI is a wonderful resort if you're looking for a nude beach and willing to sacrifice tropical jungle for Caribbean opulence. The resort is basically an old hotel that's had some cosmetic changes to the rooms, but the fact remains - it's an old hotel. A plus to the Ocho Rios side of the island is being able to go to Scotchies, one of the best jerk restaurants on the island and a day trip to Boston Bay is worth the money and time if you're as passionate about jerk as I am.

In the mid 90s, I went to Couples San Souci several times and found it to be a nice change from the hotel structure to a bit more tropical, but still more like a long, low slung hotel rather than a high-rise. (Not that CTI is much of a high-rise!) The grounds are magnificent, the atmosphere very romantic, the beach a disappointment. During my 9 days, each time, I spent 3 of them working on my all-over tan (I live in South Florida with a secluded patio so I'm pretty much tan all-over all the time.) Never really minded the stairs as I bike all the time and just saw them as a substitute exercise for the nine days. But it was certainly a concern for many guests. The beach - both clothed and not - would be a huge negative if you are a beach person.

In 2001, I went to Couples Swept Away for the first time and immediately fell in love with the resort. There are few beaches in the world as nice as Seven Mile Beach and having the ease of interacting with the locals made this feel like I was finally in real Jamaica. The Atrium suites with the second floor balcony and hammock are pure tropical paradise. Since 2001, I've been back to CSA over 20 times and now go twice a year in October and April. This is in addition to at least two other major trips - 10 days plus - and hope to continue this tradition for the rest of my life.

In terms of staff and service, all Couples resorts are exactly the same. The food is identical and of superior quality. The staff will bend over backwards to see that you are happy. And even when there's a slight glitch in the system, problems are solved quickly and to your satisfaction. There are hundreds of all-inclusive resorts around the world. None are as perfect as Couples.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Our Favourite is CSS. Aside from all the other qualities stated here already, the thing we love the most is you can be outdoors all the time. You don't have to eat in A/C closed restaurants that are way too cold. There is outdoor dinning, outdoor bars, outdoor main Bar which is not Air Conditioned, and most of all outdoor entertainment. Dancing, dinning, and drinking under the stars is the best for us!

CSA - It was our first and that always holds a special power over you. Down side , no AN
    CN - Is a very close second, Nice AN but not great.
    CSS - A very close third, VERY NICE AN...
    CTI - Fourth place, Our first AN experience. Nice but small.

Would we have a Couples Resort that we would not like to return to??? No, we would go to any and all of them and if life works out we will go back many, many time. So far we have gone 7 times with trip 8 planned for CSA August 19 2013.

We've been to CTI and CSA. Our favorite is CSA, mainly because:

- long strip of natural beach with soft sand and clear water
    - choice of villa style rooms with large patios like the Atrium Suite and the layout of the resort (feels more private than the hotel style block rooms)
    - we are sometimes training for upcoming races and CSA has a great fitness facility with both a paved track and treadmills, or you can run on the beach
    - faces west so gorgeous sunsets

Well as my name shows I thought CSA was my favorite....lol until we went to CSS. Now to be honest I cannot decide. We got married and had our weddingmoon at CSA in 2006 and LOVED it. Went to CSS last year and LOVED it as well but in a totally different way. Have not been to the other 2 but can only imagine they are just as great with their own charms. So from now on I just say I LOVE Couples and leave it at that, ha! ha!

We've been to CSA, CTI and CSS. We love them all for different reasons - each is unique in many ways. However our favourite (so far) would be CSA for the beach - the length of it, the softer, whiter sandy, the tall palms, calm water and sandy bottom.... and for the diving. The rest... service, food, room, etc. was equally great at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast