Default CTI trip 12/10-12/15...

My boyfriend and I will be arriving at CTI (both our first trip to Jamaica or Couples) for my 40th birthday. Anyone else going during that time frame?

How is the weather during December?

Any words of advice from prior visitors to the resort?

If there is one thing I shouldn't miss, what would it be?

What's the best drink at the resort?

The best meal?

The favorite activity?

What should I not do while there?

Thanks for any and all feedback. I'm so excited and have been packing luggage in my head for weeks! Is it December yet?

Thanks!

Check out the Meet-up Couples Tower Isle thread. There is a Dec. 2011 one with a bunch of people signed up. Dave & I (Raelene) will be there Dec. 9-15. This will be our 6th visit and obviously, we LOVE the place! We are 60 & 62 and from Wisconsin. Be assured that any and all eats and drinks are wonderful. You'll have a great time if you go to Dunn's River Falls and using the watersports stuff. There is a beginner dive class that is not to be missed! The weather can be iffy, with some rain and overcast days, but believe me, any day at CTi is better than a day at home! We have gone in Dec. 5 times and always had a great time, no matter the weather. See you there!

P.S. What NOT to do? Don't tip, don't judge and don't get rowdy. It's all "Irie."

We went in January this year and absolutely loved CTI! My advise is to book any of your excursions early in your trip, such as catamaran cruise, horseback riding, dinners at Eight Rivers and Bayside. Then just relax and see what you feel like doing. For the shopping trips and Dunns River Falls, you just show up at the lobby at the days and times they post. You also have to pre-book scuba diving.
    For drinks...so many to choose from! Your first order of business as you arrive at the resort, you are offered a nice oool towel and offered a drink of your choice - this is you're first major decision of your vacation! Rum punch is very nice, or try champagne or perhaps a Jamaican Smile, Bob Marley or Hummingbird, If you're not sure what you'd like, the bars have a menu on what they serve. Quite often, as we were lounging on the beach, a waiter would deliver a drink of the day. Plus he'll stop by and serve fresh fruit kabobs...mmmmmm. But in the evenings, after drinking a few of the fruity drinks, I was ready for something a little less sweet. Then I discovered the Flirtini - vodka, pineapple juice and topped with sparkling wine.
    The best meal? Again so many to choose from! For my husband's birthday I arranged for a private dinner for 2 on the beach. They charge $170 US for this incredible meal, but worth every penny. You have a beautiful candlelit dinner with your own personal waiter. We had lobster tail and beef wellington. They also give you a special bottle of wine named "Love Potion for Two", and the desserts are to die for! Now is the time to put the bug in your boyfriends ear that this would be a wonderful birthday celebration! Every restaurant serves incredible meals. At the Eight Rivers, we loved the rack of lamb. At the Bayside, the food was delicious and the chef came out and chatted with us, and showed us how to use chopsticks. The Veranda served incredible fish and the buffet has something for everyone. You won't be disappointed with the meals wherever you chose to dine!
    Favourite activity - dunns river falls, horseback riding, catamarin cruise and just relaxing on the beach. We also enjoyed a few mornings with a continental breakfast served on our balcony.
    Things not to do...do not think about work, do not check your blackberry more than once a day if at all!
    Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for all the great info. Big help! Of everything to think about I am most concerned about the weather...figures...the one thing I have zero control over! LOL!
    It all just sounds so wonderful!
    Dave and Raelean, we will look you up and have a toast of something fruity and powerful! Thanks for the advice.
    So I keep hearing on here that they are discontinuing the horseback riding as an included excursion...that's a shame. I was really looking forward to it and it's something I've always wanted to do. Maybe they will replace it with something else by the time december rolls around.
    Keep the comments coming!
    Thanks!

We will be there Dec 8-16th to celebrate my husbands birthday...and because we can't stand to be away any longer!!!
    Some advice, like others have said, book anything that requires a reservation ASAP. We figured it all out our first morning and turned in the paper with no scheduling problems. Dunn's River was great and we will do it again on this trip! We also LOVED the catamaran. Cruising out into the middle of the sea and jumping in was incredible! Being out there in the middle of the sea is a crazy feeling. We will probably try to book the cruise 2x this time!
    I also encourage sneaking off to the spa at night after hours. Enjoy the hottub and the mineral pool all to yourselves. It's romantic and you feel like you're in the middle of the rainforest.
    My favorite drink was the HUMMINGBIRD! I sucked those down all day. It tasted like a banana blueberry smoothie...can't wait to have another! Also the Bloody Brain shot. This one a bartender recommended for us and it became our favorite.
    All of the meals were incredible. The sweet potato chips and variety of dips at the veggie bar were our favorite snack. I had some amazing pumpkin soup @ The Verandah, also the Ackee and veggie fritters there were TO DIE FOR. We didn't have a bad meal the whole time we were there!

While you're there DO NOT check a clock unless you have a reservation. We didn't think about anything except where we were going to eat, if we wanted to lay by the pool or ocean, which excursion was next...that's about it! DO-turn off your phones and lock them in the safe. DO-enjoy every minute!
    Oh and about the rain, I think it rained 4/7 days we were there for at least an hour or so. It would be gorgeous, DOWNPOUR, then clear up and be beautiful again. So don't stress over it. We stayed in the pool a lot when it rained...or it was a real good time to go back to the room, if you know what I'm sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by goldstargal View Post
    Thanks for all the great info. Big help! Of everything to think about I am most concerned about the weather...figures...the one thing I have zero control over! LOL!
    It all just sounds so wonderful!
    Dave and Raelean, we will look you up and have a toast of something fruity and powerful! Thanks for the advice.
    So I keep hearing on here that they are discontinuing the horseback riding as an included excursion...that's a shame. I was really looking forward to it and it's something I've always wanted to do. Maybe they will replace it with something else by the time december rolls around.
    Keep the comments coming!
    Thanks!

When is the cancellation effective?

Don't forget that starting 08/21/11 they will no longer have the horseback riding excursion. They will also have minibars and full room service in all room levels. Somethings will change by the time u get there.
    Terry & Tonia Collins

Laura, we will have to make sure we meet up so I can toast your husbands birthday...mines the 10th, the day we arrive but I will be celebrating it all week.
    Thanks for the reminder to sign up for things right away. I don't want to get overwhelmed with the excitement of getting there just to blow any shot of getting into what we want to do all week...that would stink!
    Sneaking out after hours...naughty but nice I guess!
    Thanks again!