Default Shout out for Randymon

Dear Mr. Russell,

May I take this opportunity to say that I for one, appreciate all that you have done to make Couples Resorts what they are.

I have just been reading the Messege Board and realised that you have a great job, with some unpleasant downsides. Some of the negative posts that have appeared recently Re: Romance Rewards, to say the least, have been distasteful, but you were, as always, a gentleman in the way you dealt with them.

I have been holidaying with Couples for a while now, in fact, I will be heading to CTI for the first time in July and can't wait, having being to Couples Negril in 2007 for our 25th anniversary and again in 2009.

I can't believe some of the grievances that I have come across on this Board lately. Why do people give out about such silly things and make big of them? Life is too short. And I, for one, am glad I found a piece of Paradise to call home. Having perks like Romance rewards is wonderful, but not necessary. The Staff maketh the resort. The location maketh the resort.

Reading about people who get the Early Booking Bonus credits and then getting more credit when they arrive.... I'm travelling from Ireland, the romance rewards give me some credit, but we don't get this Early Booking credit. I DON'T CARE... I'm going to Couples because of what Couples stands for, Love, Romance, NO CHILDREN... not credit.

These people that complain so much???? why do they stay??? because it's Couples. But they have forgotten. Forgotten why they stayed at Couples in the first place. I wish they would wake up and see the light. Everyone that stays in the Couples Resorts should be thankful that they can afford such luxury, there are plenty that can't. Oh my, what a rant.... Sorry.

May I just finish by just saying, I hope none of the giver-outers are staying the same time as me. My husband of 29 years and I want to enjoy ourselves and not listen to silly people that don't know how lucky they are.

yours truly

Trisha

Thank you Trisha! I do love what I do.... :-)

Couples Resorts

Agreed with the OP.

The sense of entitlement people carry though their everyday lives should be checked at the door, and people should appreciate what they have (not what they want) more.

This goes for towels, photo contest complaints, "there was an ant in my room in paradise", etc, etc.

Randy says it best; luv 'n life. Leave the rest off the forum, folks.

I said this on another thread and will say it here as well

I have recruited alot of my friends to stay and get married at Couples. I expected them to have a good time.

I have posted pictures to the photo contest. I expected that the photos I uploaded were from a great resort that I was lucky to have visited.

I have signed up for the Romance Rewards and I expect for there to be a CTI for me to visit with the best staff in the world.

I have made posts to this messageboard *that we are are lucky to have* and expected for friends to repost, laugh, and educate me about any questions I may have.

For anyone that wants to complain they need to take a moment and realize if you are on this messageboard there is a good chance you have been to couples or have booked your next trip. That is the best perk in the world.

Great post Trisha. I agree. We have been going for the last few years to Couples. We also go for the people and the romance. Yes I do take advantage of the extras. But as far as I am concerned they are just that, extras. I am a bookkeeper for a small company, I know what it takes to run a small company, and can only imagine what it is to run a big one. Thanks again to Couples for all the extras they do allow.
    Linda

Default Ditto

We totally agree with Trisha,we love coming "home" to paradise
    my friends do not understand ,they tell me the world is a big place WHY do you keep going back to the same place???
    My answer is :Why mess with Paradise!!!!!!
    Randy and the whole couples staff Go above and beyond!!!!
    Thank You 26 Days til we return to CSS
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha2u View Post
    Dear Mr. Russell,

May I take this opportunity to say that I for one, appreciate all that you have done to make Couples Resorts what they are.

I have just been reading the Messege Board and realised that you have a great job, with some unpleasant downsides. Some of the negative posts that have appeared recently Re: Romance Rewards, to say the least, have been distasteful, but you were, as always, a gentleman in the way you dealt with them.

I have been holidaying with Couples for a while now, in fact, I will be heading to CTI for the first time in July and can't wait, having being to Couples Negril in 2007 for our 25th anniversary and again in 2009.

I can't believe some of the grievances that I have come across on this Board lately. Why do people give out about such silly things and make big of them? Life is too short. And I, for one, am glad I found a piece of Paradise to call home. Having perks like Romance rewards is wonderful, but not necessary. The Staff maketh the resort. The location maketh the resort.

Reading about people who get the Early Booking Bonus credits and then getting more credit when they arrive.... I'm travelling from Ireland, the romance rewards give me some credit, but we don't get this Early Booking credit. I DON'T CARE... I'm going to Couples because of what Couples stands for, Love, Romance, NO CHILDREN... not credit.

These people that complain so much???? why do they stay??? because it's Couples. But they have forgotten. Forgotten why they stayed at Couples in the first place. I wish they would wake up and see the light. Everyone that stays in the Couples Resorts should be thankful that they can afford such luxury, there are plenty that can't. Oh my, what a rant.... Sorry.

May I just finish by just saying, I hope none of the giver-outers are staying the same time as me. My husband of 29 years and I want to enjoy ourselves and not listen to silly people that don't know how lucky they are.

yours truly

Trisha

Default Well said

Wonderful post Trisha!!! Very well written.

I read the message board for positive information: where to stay, which room category, and for the reviews (they take me back). The complaints, over little things, are ignored.

I'd have to say, my favorite perk is the t-shirt. I love wearing it at home and showing off! My husband & I were married at CTI, I'm proud to tell people why I'm a Very Important Couple. I appreciate all the perks, but the t-shirt is my favorite.

Thank you Randymon!

Well said, everyone.

Many thanks, Randy, for all that you do!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Hallelujah!!! That's exactly right! What's to complain about going to paradise and especially Couples' paradise?! We went for our very first time just before Christmas 2010 and we have just booked a week at CSS for the end of this month and again before Christmas at CSA and CN for THIS year, and you can bet your bippy it won't be our last time! I've talked everyone's ears off about how wonderful I think Couples is, and Randymon you do a FANTASTIC job!! A huge hug and a pat on the back from me! You get NO complaints from us!!

Randi

Amen Trisha!

Trish--
    When will you be there? We are arriving July 2nd for trip #5--perks or no perks. We have made great friends will others who will be there at the same time. We love the staff and always feel like Royalty and like we are the ones at the resort. We EVEN got the opportunity to meet Mr. Russel himself one trip and have drinks prepared and delivered by Young Abe Issa. How cool is that! Met Mr. Lee Issa also. It's all good. Hope to meet you this July!
    Vicky

I have often puzzled over the angst expressed at the "rewards" and "perks", or the lack there of.

I think that most folks choose a vacation destination based on the quality and value of the total package offered. Couples, IMHO, offers an excellent bang for the buck. I am a huge beach fan, I love a clean sandy beach with clean water and plenty of space to play or lounge. The atmosphere of CSA, our Couples destination of choice, fits us to a tee. Relaxed, non-flashy but elegant and classy at the same time. They have provided everything we could ask for in a perfect vacation and then some. I could not ask for more.

Why some folks seem to get all bent out of shape, not only over the quantity of extras but when and how they are made available, I can not fathom. I suppose that is how some people shop for their vacations, by what extras they can obtain above and beyond what some other schmuck may or may not get at the same place. I guess there is some internal competitive motivation that drives them to fuss and fret over the whole idea of extras or "rewards".

I'll be happy with my "toes in the sand, a drink in my hand and a beautiful girl". (that would be mrs. dirtleg by the way)

Trisha-

Thank you so much for posting this and reminding us how fortunate we are to have found Couples Resorts.

We have been repeaters at Iberostars....and got a coffee mug.

We have been repeaters at Riu....and got....nothing.

We asked at Breezes (Grand Lido) a couples years ago what they offered their repeat guests. The girl looked at me like I was from outer space!

We have been to the various Couples Resorts several times. We love them because they know what to offer "couples".....time to renew & reconnect. That is far more important to us than any credits, massages, excursions or whatever else you want to throw in there!

We have yet to find a place that offers what Couples Resorts offer....time for US
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 13
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

Hi to all.

I was a bit apprehensive while writing the above letter, wondering if the "Giver-outers" would lynch me. But I am amazed with the reaction that I have got. Thank you....

Vicky.... We will be there on the 12th July, if you are still there, I would love to meet up.

Thank you all for the positive responses.

Thanks for all you do Randy

Joe

While I agree that some of the complaints are over the top keep in mind a board full of cheerleaders is not necessarily the best environment for an open exchange of ideas.

One of the problems I see is that there are some that are in too big of a hurry to label any post that is not pro Couples pollyanna as negative. That's not necessarily so. Couples management should listen to their faithful customers concerns as well as the praise.

Of course there are some that want it all and for as cheap as possible, there are business realities that the management has to consider, they are not in it to go broke.

The bottom line is that customer's concerns should not be stifled, the open exchange of ideas, both pro and con, should be encouraged.

Randymon is a solid gold treasure & Couples simply rocks. Thank you to Randymon & Couples Resorts for all you do and provide us.

Big Love & Hugs - The Randazzos (eagerly looking forward to CSA April 16th & June 4th! (!!! Yeow !!!)

Wow, sometimes I read this MB and I think. How many times must Randy feel like a father to abunch of spoiled children. Give me give me give me...Trisha thank you for saying something way over due. Couples does a great job of running a business, (after all that's what it is)and not letting their customers feel like it's a buisness, I own three buisness' believe me, what they do is that is magic. Hurray Couples! Hurray Randymon!!