Default We were Swept Away

First off - CSA is remarkable. Thanks to everyone who posts here. The information is great and helped us feel comfortable from the moment we stepped off of the plane.

The Drive- The late Saturday night (11:00) ride from the airport was an adventure and required a good deal of faith in our driver, Archer. It really seemed that every one in Jamaica was walking somewhere and in the middle of the road.The Red Stripe was cold and the traffic frenetic.

Arrival - The champagne and cool towel greeting gracious and the registration efficient. The nightly symphony of crickets, tree frogs and waves is unforgettably beautiful, but I can think of friends who would find it annoying.

The Staff- The friendliest people I've ever met. There truly is "No problem, mon." I still don't know how they know your name after one meeting. It's difficult to mention just a few but Akeem and Shane from the Entertainment Staff seemed to be everywhere. Kind, helpful, knowledgeable at all times. Janet at Seagrapes makes the best smoothies possible and will guide you through the menu with patience and a smile. She is indeed a treasure. Christopher at Palms will greet you and seat you with a great smile and a quick laugh and seems genuinely happy to see you. We loved Palms. The Swiss concierge, sorry I can't remember her name, but I remember her smile and patience when US Air was trying to ruin our day. The lady in Dis & Dat helped me understand Jamaican coffee. The grounds men do an amazing job. They seem to know every time a leaf falls and are there to rake it up. The walkways are swept frequently and remarkably almost sand free.

Classes - An unanticipated absolutely great time. Weaving a basket with Nigel is a must. You'll end up with a beautiful basket, a bit of island history and get to know one of the most charming, centered men I've ever met. Jewelry with Jimmy is amazing. His "islandness" dreadlocks, personal philosophy and creativity are not to be missed. Dennis will help you make a palm frond hat, make you a hummingbird or turtle and share his life story if you ask. He is the most patient person I've ever met. The boys from Margaritaville will teach you more than you ever knew about Margaritas and serve samples and more tequila than you need to drink at 11:00 a.m.

Vendors - You can buy things from Jimmy, Nigel and Dennis but they do not push it at all. We had Raymond paint us a couple of t-shirts which was great fun. His talent is considerable and his manner remarkable. We swore we wouldn't do it, but we bought two island paintings from a gracious man whose name I believe is Maynard. He's an older gentleman and was there on Tuesday. The people walking the beach will not bother you at all unless you initiate a conversation. When you do, they are shadowed by beach security men.

Beach Bars - Do exactly what they should - serve drinks quickly and with entertaining chatter. A drink is never more than a few steps away. Some visitors seem to sit in the same seat all day. They have drink lists but will make whatever you want.

Food -]We could spend the entire day at Palms. First breakfast in the room followed by second breakfast at Palms is a luxury worth enjoying. We loved Seagrapes menu and location - try the Roasted Beet Salad and Fish Tacos. Cabana Grill is what it is. Some times you just need a cheeseburger and onion rings. Feathers was excellent in every way and well worth dressing up. The bisque, pirate's pancakes, and shrimp were really special. The entire meal wonderful. Service was as good as it could be - island elegance. Lemongrass was a bit exotic for we Midwesterners ,but chopsticks were fun and the setting is glorious.

Watersports -All inclusive is the best idea ever and these guys rock. Clayton is ready to help in any way he can. Rich Hard is the Glass Bottom Boat guide and as personable and entertaining as he could be. Seeing Hedonism II even from afar is intriguing. They make everything so easy with their patience and knowledge. Daily Hobie Cat classes. We don't scuba but a lot of people certainly do. Kayak early before the wind comes up. It's a lot more fun then.The Catamaran Cruise is a must. Great staff, music, tour, information, fun, drinks, slide. You have to meet Rasta John.

Ambience - The Couples concept is Romantic without working at it. The subtle lighting is the evening is ethereal and makes you want to hold hands. It's such a nice feeling to be surrounded by couples in love, whatever stage it may be from newlywed to 40+ years such as us. You see couples who have separated for different activities, but for the most part it's two at a time. When we left and got to the airport we were really annoyed by KIDS. My favorite was seeing one person, usually the husband, walking back to the room with a plate of fruit and some juice mid to late morning with a wide smile. It's not a late night party place at all, but we like that. Once the beach bars close it gets quiet. No one is ever intrusive in any way at all. If you want to interact with others you may but if it's all about the two of you, so be it. There are some groups of 2/3 couples but not many and it's not a problem. They seem like return visitors and enjoy each others company.

Clothing -Take less. One note - Jeans shorts and football jerseys look really out of place. I'm glad I left mine home.

Most memorable moment - Walking back from lunch and hearing "Oh my, oh my, don't stop !" from one of the Atrium rooms and having my spouse say, "That sounds like fun !"
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Most memorable moment - Walking back from lunch and hearing "Oh my, oh my, don't stop !" from one of the Atrium rooms and having my spouse say, "That sounds like fun !"

Thanks for the review and the belly laugh. 67 day

Default Favorite Review

I think that just was my favorite trip review I have read since finding the message board. My wife and I will be visiting from June 1-5 for the first time....our 25th Anniversary. Wish we could have scheduled a longer trip but four daughters back home and don't want to push our luck. Two months to go....can't come soon enough....It has been a long winter in Syracuse, N.Y.!!

Couldn't agree more about the classes! Those guys are some of my favorite people there and the classes are really fun. Talking to the people is half the fun too.

Loved your review. I am a school teacher and a mother and I love my kids and students but when I get to Couples, I do not need to see kids. It makes me a better mother and teacher when I return. Couples resorts really put the romance back into your life and at the same time gives you an opportunity to meet other great people. Perfect!

Loved your photos! Three weeks from this very minute we will be on our way to CSA for the fifth time. Can't wait!

LOVE this review! Thank you for the trip home. April 16th and our arrival is only 2 weeks away!! Happy dance. Razzl

Loved your post and pictures! Thank you!

Jimnmariann---I could not agree with you more on the all adult vacation. As a teacher of young second graders for 31 years, there are times when I need to be just with adults. More specifically, just my husband. There is a time for everthing and everyone....

Loved your review and glad that u both had a great time. Love the pictures. Especially love your most memorable moment. That was too funny! We r going to CTI in Sept. but, our next trip to Couples will be to CSA. My husband has already decided, even though we have not even been to Couples yet.
    Terry & Tonia Collins

Quote Originally Posted by mikep View Post
    I think that just was my favorite trip review I have read since finding the message board. My wife and I will be visiting from June 1-5 for the first time....our 25th Anniversary. Wish we could have scheduled a longer trip but four daughters back home and don't want to push our luck. Two months to go....can't come soon enough....It has been a long winter in Syracuse, N.Y.!!

We will be there at thattime. Congrats and I hear ya, we have 4 boys! From Pa and it snowed TODAY!!! SUCKS... SUN cannot come soon enough

Thanks for the post, and glad you enjoyed CSA so much. We're 26 days from leaving Indiana and heading for a week at CSA for the 2nd time. Very much appreciate the tips!

Ha! That is a great trip report! My husband and I have an atrium suite booked, lol.

What a delightful review and thanks for taking the time to write it. I was also "swept away" by my first visit in 1990 and CSA is still the yardstick by which I measure all other beach resorts.

It's a special place.