Default Attn: All Canadians - Fair Warning! Rates to increase on April 16

Greetings to all our Canadian friends and loyal guests.

As is my custom, I offer fair and reasonable notice that Couples Resorts' Canadian Rates for travel through December 25, 2010 will increase in all categories at all resorts effective April 16, 2011.

If you have not yet booked your 2011 Couples Resorts holiday, now is the time to do it. You must book by April 15 to avoid the nightly rate increases.

Forewarned is forearmed.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Couples Resorts

Ok, what have I been missing?!!! Couples has Canadian rates? Where do I find these?
    I know air/resort packages can be booked through Canadian tour operators, priced in CAD. Is that what you refer to, or something else?
    Last time we just booked directly through Couples and paid in US dollars. We booked out air separately. Our dollar has been so competitive it wasn't a concern... but it may be again one day.

Canadian rates are only available through Canadian travel agent and tour operators and not available on our website.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Ok, what have I been missing?!!! Couples has Canadian rates? Where do I find these?
    I know air/resort packages can be booked through Canadian tour operators, priced in CAD. Is that what you refer to, or something else?
    Last time we just booked directly through Couples and paid in US dollars. We booked out air separately. Our dollar has been so competitive it wasn't a concern... but it may be again one day.
    We booked our February 2010, 7 day CN vacation through a national Canadian airline/tour operator and have just re-booked a 10 day return this coming July. The air-inclusive rate we are paying for this summer's 10 day return to CN is the same as our Feb/10 7 day air-inclusive rate. Our new booking was through a web-based only site which shall remain nameless since the last post that I sent with this information was never posted on this forum. Maybe because it sounded like advertising, which was never my intent.
    The point was, and still is, that the rate for our new booking, calculated with or without air, is significantly lower than that currently offered on both the Couples site and any of the other Canadian airline/tour operators which offer Couples Resorts. This may change as those Canadian-based operators may offer early booking incentives.
    Either way, we can't wait to go back.

Jamaicamecrazy;

The rates that your travel agent can get through Holiday House are really good! you can still book the room and air separately or in a package. Call one and have them quote you. You may be shocked.

Ah, we've been to couples many times, but never booked thru a canadian travel agent, so we didn't know they had different rates. Worth looking into in the future anyhow.

Interesting how the Canadian rates at Couples go up when the Canadian dollar is currently worth more that the American dollar. You would think that the Canadian rates would go down since everything in the Caribbean is based on the American dollar and the Canadian dollar should buy more, not less.

There must be another explanation...like the expirey of a long term contract that they are now trying to play catchup (ketchup for Canadians )

Hopefully its a modest increase!

Default Canadian Travel Rates

Everything in Canada is slow and there are no rates avaiable through the Canadian Tour Operators as of yet for 2012 travel. I have checked with Sunwing/SunQuest/WestJet Vacations and Air Canada Vacations and no rates are available yet. I did get a verbal quote from Holiday House and for 2 weeks in February 2012 they quoted me $7,000 for hotel only not including air per person! When I asked about price matching as there are prices from a US outlet for 6200 they stated that they would not price match as this was the rates Couples gave them to use.

We may book through Couples or another supplier for hotel and see when the flights get released in June/July for the air fare. Even with the exchange booking through a US operator or Couples directly is a better deal.
    Rose
    I am not high Maintenance, I am deservedly Spoiled!

Couples Preferred Agent - Here to assist with your booking

We saved about $200.00 by going through our TA w/Holiday House. I assume the increase is for them.

I recently booked for 2 weeks, just prior to the other recent price increase warning in March. I thought I would double check with a travel agent (one listed as 'Platinum' on the Couples website). They were able to save me about $30 per night better than booking on the Couples site, which for 14 nights makes a difference. So now I'm just watching the air. Each of our 2 weeks (one at CSS and one at CN)is through a different tour operator as that is how the agent found the best possible pricing. Just goes to show it pays to compare.

Wow..
    nice to hear especially since AirCanada rates, as per an email from them, will not be out until the end of May.
    Lovely.

I am a Canadian TA and for my trip to CSS in Feb. I booked off of my own website and got the Cad. rate which with purchasing flights on a seat sale saved us hundreds of $$ over friends who came with us but bought through AC vacations due to our flight being sold out.
    TA's are sometimes a good thing

Holster,

We are Canadian and we always book through a TA. As a TA, can you shed some light on why our Canadian rates are going up when our dollar is so high?

We often watch the prices and even price it out as a package and hotel & flight separately. We even check out flying out of Buffalo to see if there are savings to be had.

Can't wait to get back to Jamaica after honeymooning there 20 years ago. We are hoping to try Couples for our return but with two teenagers it all depends on the prices.

Interesting comments made by all. It certainly pays to shop around, including seeing what a TA can do for you.
    We booked our first trip through a TA as a tour op package. She was able to get our rates through the tour op long before they were out online, but they weren't really a fab deal when we later compared. We were a group even (for our wedding). She was disappointing, but that's another story and doesn't apply to all TAs.
    Next time I booked LONG before the CAD package prices were out online, because the Couples prices are out so nice and early AND they had that promo with the discounts and the $500 resort credit... AND our dollar was good. Plus we were easily able to do a split stay and pick our arrival and departure dates without being a slave to the tour ops set schedule and last minute flight time decision, which allowed us to be at CSS for our anniversary on a Monday. That flexibility was worth a lot to us.(Yes, granted, those from other provinces have more flight choices, unlike YVR at the end of the earth)
    So, given that and the fact that we saved about $1000 by flying out of Seattle instead of Vancouver (which routs most of it's flights to Jamaica through Toronto anyway), we were absolutely ahead booking through Couples directly. We saved a lot over what we would have spent on a package.
    But... can a Canadian TA get better rates when they book through Couples? (not a tour op) If so using a TA who books through Couples and air separately maybe able to do better.