Default getting out of Jamaica

how early do you get to the airport? our flight is at 7 am? will we need to leave the resort by 4am?

Oh wow! That is an early return flight! You actually will have to leave earlier than that I would assume. It is recommended that you get to the airport 3 hours early for international flights plus the drive to the airport. Not sure wher you are staying but all Couples resorts are about 2 hours from the airport.

This is why you picked Couples. They take care of everything for you! When you arrive you will fill out a sheet with your departure information. They will slide a slip under your door a couple of nights before you leave and will let you know what time to have your bags in the lobby and what time your bus will leave. They always get you to the airport in perfect time. NO WORRIES MON!

Unfortunately, the staff at Couples is very efficient at giving out "eviction notices"...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I'm thinking that hour of the day lines won't be as long so you may get a little break. You are still probably going to be leaving pretty early though. You don't say which resort you are visiting but the resorts in Negril are a little over an hour from Montego Bay in best traffic and the resorts in Ocho Rios are a little further, again best traffic situation. As was mentioned above you will get a note telling you what time you will need to have your luggage ready and be in the lobby and checked out and ready to leave. I certainly understand why you would want to know now though as that's going to be a pretty early day. If it were me I think I'd spend the money on a flight back to Montego Bay, it would be worth every penny.

I would guess you would need to leave the resort around 2-2:30 a.m. ish. YUK!! Couples will let you know the day before. I would just pack before dinner and stay at the piano bar until I needed to leave!!!!

Last week when we left CSA our flight was at 1:35pm and they picked us up at 9:00am.

Our flight was to leave @ 7:00 am. We left CSA at 3:00 am, picked up people at CN on the way. Not many people in line at the airport, so that was quick and easy. Best part was, the liquor store at the airport opens at about 6:00 am.

Another option would be to take the Timair or Airlink flight and save yourselves about an hour. Plus it's fun!

hahahahaha Eviction Notices!! Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Unfortunately, the staff at Couples is very efficient at giving out "eviction notices"...

cool deal. i think we will be taking a flight back to mbj. thanks for the info.

I would make sure that TimAir flies that early before counting on that option. It may not be light enough for them to take off.

I don't think thatTimair or IntlAirlink would not be flying out of Negril that early in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    Another option would be to take the Timair or Airlink flight and save yourselves about an hour. Plus it's fun!
    There are no runway lights on the airstrip in Negril, so you don't have the option of a flight with needing to be at the airport a couple hours before the flight. It isn't daylight at 5am.

I agree with the suggestion to go to the piano bar and hang out there until you have to leave.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    There are no runway lights on the airstrip in Negril, so you don't have the option of a flight with needing to be at the airport a couple hours before the flight. It isn't daylight at 5am.

I agree with the suggestion to go to the piano bar and hang out there until you have to leave.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Chris mi fren, "eviction notice" has me rolling.....lol.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post

I suggested flying back as well...didn't even think about daylight or lack of. VFR rules are take-off 30 minutes before sunrise so depending on what time of year you are going you might still be able to make it work. In June the sun is rising around 5:30 so TimAir could take off around 5:00. Other times of year it's later and wouldn't work. I'd call and find out if it were me, asking is free.