Default 1st timer - CSA questions...

Ok, so my fiance and I are thinking of going here in September for our honeymoon. Just a few questions though.

I here there is a more narrow end of the beach. Is this the older or newer section of the resort?

Also, the pool with the swim up bar... closer to BFS or BFVS??

I cannot decide between these 2 room options. I have seen a lot of pictures of 1st floor beachfront suites. Does anyone have any pictures of the 2nd floor beachfront suites??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I haven't been to CSA since 2008 and the beach is constantly changing. The bfvs are closer to the swimup bar. If you can go without a TV, I would do the bfs in a heartbeat. Good luck

Most of the BFS look like Atriums so I would look at that and expect to get one of those if you book a BFS. The top floor looks the same with a few differences. It's just a porch with no stairs and the ceilings are vaulted so it seems a lot bigger. They show a lot of photos of the BFS with the huge porch but those are limited and very hard to get, do not anticipate getting one or you will likely be disappointed. If you do get one it's an added bonus.

It appeared, when we were there last year, that the "narrow end" was towards water sports. We had one of the 2nd floor BFS with the big wrap-around balcony (not all BFS have this). Here's a link to pics we took of CSA that include the room: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7624040604608/.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Bart & Bug

The newer section are the verandah suites which are closer to the swimup bar and the larger beach. The north side is the older atrium section with the smaller beach.

There are more trees on the beach in some sections making it seem like the beach is not as big but I don't know if it actually is or not. In April 2010 when we were there the beach was huge! We had never seen it so big. It seemed like it went on forever past the trees. In October 2010 we went there the week after Hurricane Nicole and it was really small. We thought it was small in April 2006 but this was even worse. It was still beautiful but it was drastically smaller. There was still plenty of room for everyone though. In October the beach was so short on the new side that the water came up under one or two of the palapas near the Greathouse. We sat under one that was closest to the water and when the tide was high the water would go all the way under our chairs. That was sort of neat. At that point the beach on the older side was bigger because the trees were sort of holding a lot of it in place.

If there is actually a bigger side, it is probably only bigger by a matter of feet. It's not like one side is huge and one is not. The whole thing is constantly changing due to storms and currents, etc.

Default Beaches and Shade

From what everyone has been saying lately, it sounds like the beach is a good size.
    We are wondering about shade at CSA in front of the BFVS. If we don't want to get up at the crack of dawn for a palapa, should we plan to bring our own shade? It would be a hassle, but we could bring umbrellas that clamp to the chairs.
    Does anyone know if the chairs will accommodate a clamp-on umbrella?

You may have to drag your chair but I have never had trouble finding shade somewhere. Have fun!

Dont think your allowed to bring umbrellas. And yes you might have to get up before the sun for a palapa, but there is plenty of shade from the trees and they have put up some sun sails. Trust me as a red head I have to be in the shade we had to move our chairs as the day went on, but really no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by smacfall View Post
    From what everyone has been saying lately, it sounds like the beach is a good size.
    We are wondering about shade at CSA in front of the BFVS. If we don't want to get up at the crack of dawn for a palapa, should we plan to bring our own shade? It would be a hassle, but we could bring umbrellas that clamp to the chairs.
    Does anyone know if the chairs will accommodate a clamp-on umbrella?
    Umbrellas are not allowed...thank goodness. Once you are there you will see that it would totally destroy the beauty and atmosphere. There is plenty of shade from trees and they have also placed some shade sails. You won't need to be up at the crack of dawn to find a spot. Also, if you have a BFVS you may find that sitting on your verandah once in a while is a pleasant way to spend some time. We spent one whole day there and one afternoon it rained and we sat there and watched it rain, both days were fabulous. Your BFVS will literally step off into the sand so you sort of feel like you have your own private palapa.

Default Umbrellas

Thanks so much. That really helps me feel better about being able to have shade if I need it. We are in a BFVS. so hope that helps too.

We just booked for July 24-28!!! This is our first time visiting CSA. Can anyone please tell me about the GVS as far as location, noise,traffic etc???

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions!!

Does anyone else have pictures of beach front suites? Most of the pictures I see are the big 1st floor ones and just a few of the 2nd floor. I would love to see anymore that you have... or maybe some of the bathrooms???

Thanks again, hoping to book soon

Quote Originally Posted by sb61692 View Post
    Does anyone else have pictures of beach front suites? Most of the pictures I see are the big 1st floor ones and just a few of the 2nd floor. I would love to see anymore that you have... or maybe some of the bathrooms???

Thanks again, hoping to book soon
    Try looking at the Atrium Suite photos. They look exactly the same aside from the placement of the minibar. The BFS have the minibar in the closet and the Atriums have it under the mirror near the bed. I don't think the current photos show the Atriums with the mini bars in them though so they should look exactly the same.

The only difference in the porch is the the Atriums have a hammock and the BFS have a lounger. The rooms and porches are the same size though.