Default New to the whole vacation thing.

My husband and I have never been on vacation before and for our first trip we want to go to CSA. Ive been looking into the Atrium Suite and it seems to be very romantic. Although I have heard they dont have stocked mini bars in them. I was wondering if anyone has been there lately in the Atrium to know they do for sure? My travel agent tells me they have placed them in all rooms now.? Also I REALLY want to reserve a beach dinner they look so Amazing.. How do I go about doing that? And one more question are the Atrium Suites in the new section or the old? Thank you so much for the help in advance. It is very appreciated!

1. From the accommodations information on CSA's web page: Atrium Suites: Rooms with a view of lush tropical gardens. All rooms air conditioned with ceiling fan, King Bed, shower, telephone, IPOD/MP3 player, bathrobes, blow dryer, safety deposit box, stocked mini-bar, balcony/terrace with hammock. Nightly turndown service. Located in the center of the property, 1st or 2nd floor, each villa has 4 Suites.

2. You can book a private dinner once you arrive at the resort. You can email beforehand but do not need to do so.

3. The atrium suites are in the old section of CSA.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

They have added minibars to all of them. Every room at CSA has one now. We were there in Oct and had one.

Atriums are in the older section but they are not "old" or anything. They have been updated and are really nice. Those are our favorite rooms. The older section has more plant life and the vegetation is more mature and lush because it has been there older. Very pretty!!!

Not sure about the dinner. I don't know if you can do that in advance or not.

Default Atrium Suite

They most definitely have mini bars! No TV's - thank goodness. We just returned from CSA on March 6th. Stayed in bldg. #25 (older section) and LOVED IT! Let me show you just how nice these rooms are...you cannot go wrong...no worries...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

These pictures make my stomach all hinky w/excitement. April 16th is sooo close and yes, we have an atrium reserved. This will be our 9th return home and we're as excited as we were for our 1st. Happy dance. Razzl

Never been on vacation TOGETHER or never been on a vacation AT ALL?

Either way, CSA will exceed expectations. We are heading back in June for our 4th time and are also getting Atrium rooms for the first time. My wife just loves the idea of the hammock! The older section is like a jungle (a well landscaped one). I've watched the new section grow in but it is still years away from the lushness of the old section. Minibars and A/C were installed relatively recently, IIRC, still no TV though.

I recommend taking the orientation tour the day you arrive. CSA is HUGE and unless you get the walk around you may never even know there are two main buildings/pools and an entire spa/exercise facility across the street!

Enjoy! We are going with 3 couples new to CSA, can't wait to vicariously experience their amazement

Well, for your first vacation you are doing it right! We love the Atrium, only room with a hammock. I think the mini bar may not be fully stocked when you frist get there, cause you get to request what you want it to be stocked with. your going to love csa

Thanks everyone for the great and informing feedback. Hope everyone loves thier trips. A special thanks to warmweatherfriend for the pics you posted.. the room does look amazing.. any of the bathroom by chance? jasoncassy this is our first vacation EVER! sad I know..lol hopefully this year will be the start to a new! and we can return every year!

Here are just a few words of wisdom, based on our vacations and reading a ton of reviews of resorts.
    As this is your first vacation, do not try to over schedule yourselves. Couples is about romance and relaxation. I have seen so many reviews where people are all uptight about going here and there and trying to pack so much into a week that they never get a chance to relax and enjoy. Jamaica is a very laid back place. Everything is done in "Jamaica time." You won't see the staff rushing around and the quicker you adapt the "no problem" attitude the better time you will have. It seems all of the less than wonderful reviews come from people that are still on New York time and want to maintain that speed.
    Pick a timeline to start the slowdown. We usually do the deep breath once we are on the plane. Once the luggage is in the hands of the airline, it is out of your control. If it takes a while to get through customs, no problem. You will soon be at the Couples Lounge with a red stripe in your hand, surrounded by kind souls that take care of your every need.
    Yes, sometimes you will have a romantic dinner that takes 2 hours to complete. When was the last time you had the opportunity to linger with your SO over dinner and drinks?
    This is what Couples is all about.
    Anyone else care to add to this? Please go for it!

Marnie

Default amanda&adam - additional pic requested

I'll attach a bathroom pic even though it's not the best. It will give you a general look of the layout. The bathroom is basic but nice; however, the shower is unique in that you walk into it, no ledge across the bottom. I was so sure that we'd flood out the bathroom, but never once did a drop of water escape. There is a set of floor to ceiling wooden shutters between the vanity area and toilet, so usually we kept the bottom section shut or tilted upwards for privacy. There is also a set of shutters in the shower, higher up, and this was nice to let out the steam. The sink bowl sits in the middle of the counter with plenty of counter space on either side. You will sooooo love this room!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    Here are just a few words of wisdom, based on our vacations and reading a ton of reviews of resorts.
    As this is your first vacation, do not try to over schedule yourselves. Couples is about romance and relaxation. I have seen so many reviews where people are all uptight about going here and there and trying to pack so much into a week that they never get a chance to relax and enjoy. Jamaica is a very laid back place. Everything is done in "Jamaica time." You won't see the staff rushing around and the quicker you adapt the "no problem" attitude the better time you will have. It seems all of the less than wonderful reviews come from people that are still on New York time and want to maintain that speed.
    Pick a timeline to start the slowdown. We usually do the deep breath once we are on the plane. Once the luggage is in the hands of the airline, it is out of your control. If it takes a while to get through customs, no problem. You will soon be at the Couples Lounge with a red stripe in your hand, surrounded by kind souls that take care of your every need.
    Yes, sometimes you will have a romantic dinner that takes 2 hours to complete. When was the last time you had the opportunity to linger with your SO over dinner and drinks?

Marnie
    Nothing to add, just want to agree with all my heart!!!

Yes, please just relax and take the time to enjoy your surroundings and the people. You may want to go on the cat cruise and try snorkeling, but honestly, you may also just find yourself succumbing to sand gravity!! Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post

Marnie
    Coundn't agree more! We'll be staying at CSA for the 2nd time in 2 years. First trip was our honeymoon and we had a great time just relaxing and enjoying the Jamaican experience. They call the bus back to Montigo Bay airport "The Sad Bus".. everyone is so sad because they have to leave paradise. My wife and I will be at CSA in just 18 days for our 2nd honeymoon and counting the minutes.