Default Necklace? Strapless dress, no or yes?

Ok just torn about wearing a necklace with my strapless dress, lately been seeing a lot of brides go simple and only do earring. Any thoughts ladies? HELP 51 more days.

What does the dress look like??? If the dress is smiple get a neckless, if your dress has alot of detail I would forgo the necklace. But thats just me,wear what you want on your wedding day.

I think it depends on the dress. If you dress has alot of bling on the top you would not want to take away from that. My only suggestion is to try your dress with a necklace then without. I guess I am no help sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
    I think it depends on the dress. If you dress has alot of bling on the top you would not want to take away from that. My only suggestion is to try your dress with a necklace then without. I guess I am no help sorry!
    LOL... No it has helped, my dress just has a little bling, so might go ahead and do the necklace.

My dress is simple and I am wearing a simple necklace- tiny orchids and a coin pearl. It's pretty cute. Good luck on your decision...
    40 more days to go for me

I agree that it depends on the dress....BUT it can also depend on your other jewellery (and maybe even your hair accessory!) You should really focus on ONE show stopper piece. For example, if you have larger dramatic - DON'T do a necklace. You want people to see your face and not be distracted by your competing jewels!

I had a strapless empire waste chiffon dress that had some bling. I had a multi strand pearl bracelet, small pearl drop earrings and a bit of bling in my hair....no necklace. I was happy with the balance and the way the bling & pearls worked together. Here's some pics!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...776&aid=261695

Just make sure you choose one or two pieces that you LOVE and don't be too matchy and overdo! If it is the necklace then go small on the earrings! Good luck!