Default Trading Places - How does it work

If we are staying at CSA..... can we go hangout at the pool at Couples Negril all day and also eat dinner there ? I saw pictures of the tree top restaurant and it looks pretty cool. I just wasn't sure how often the shuttles run and if you were allowed to also check out the sunset / dinners there. The "Trading Places" policy is pretty unclear, I guess I'd just like to know how long you can actually "check out" the other resort. Does anyone know ?

Tree Top Restaurant @ CN
    http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/m...483&transfer=1

Well, here is what you do. While a whole bunch of people are standing over there, when the signal is given, everybody trades places and stands over here. There you have it. Trading Places

I'm sorry, I just had to go for it.

As long as your sign up for Romance Rewards before you go you can spend the day at CN from 10am-4pm, so no you cannot eat dinner there. The treetop hut is actually part of the spa where you can get a massage, not a restaurant. You also have to sign up once you get there, I think they only do it certain days and only take 10 couples each time.

This is how Trading Places works. First you must register for Romance Rewards to be able to take advantage of it

Trading places is from 10 AM to 4 PM only. Therefore you cannot stay for dinner
    It is limited to 10 couples each way. Is only available between CSA and CN and from CSS and CTI

You can return to your base hotel earlier then 4 PM, but you will have to pay for transportation

The Tree top restaurant is available for private dinners only.

You cannot have a private dinner when go Trading Places because Trading Places is only available until 4 PM

It's is my understanding that trading places only happens on certain days and you have to sign up for it at guest services because there is limited available on a first come first serve basis. The time period you spend at the sister resort is from 10am to 4pm so you will not be able to have dinner there but you certainly can have lunch and snacks all day. I think it's a nice perk I plan on taking advantage of at CSS to visit CTI this Dec.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

The tree house is used for the "private" dinners. It is not a restaurant itself. During the day massages are done there.

generally you leave your resort at around 9:45am and are picked up to return around 4pm, no dinners while at the visiting resort.

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.

Trading places when we were there back in February is on Monday/Wednesday's and Friday's from 10-4 pm. You can have drinks and lunch and snacks at CN. You will have to sign up with the conceirge prior to going and can either take private transfer or there transfers. We opted to take our own since we didn't want to stay all day, we really missed CSA It's a nice change though. You will enjoy your time over there. Plus too there is a group of social directors that go over with you too. Have fun.

There isn't a tree top restaurant at CN. There is a tree house that you can get massages in and then also have the option of a private dinner there, but the trading places program only allows you to visit a sister property one time during your stay on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday and for the hours of 10am - 4pm if you are a Romance Rewards member. The 'shuttle' runs once during the day. It will leave from your resort around 9:45am and will again run at 4pm to return you to your resort. If you want to visit the resort more frequently or on another day you will need to buy a day pass.

Check out the FAQ page, it has lots of information regarding the Trading Places option:

http://couples.com/10FAQ.htm

Do you offer day passes for friends staying in the area?

Yes we do, however Couples Resorts limits the number of day passes sold. If you are planning to get married at the Resort please consult our Weddings & Honeymoons FAQ to learn more about it.

There are 4 types of passes.

Wedding Ceremony Only Pass – USD $50 per person
    Half Day Pass [10:00 am - 6:00 pm] – USD $100 per person
    Full Day Pass [10:00 am - 11:30 pm] – USD $200 per person
    Evening Pass [6: pm – 1:00am] – USD $100 per person

Return to FAQ List

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

You leave your home resort about 10am and return at 4:30pm. You can have lunch at the other resort, but not dinner.
    Irie Mon

With trading place you take the shuttle from CSA to CN at about 10 AM and come back to CSA at about 4 PM. During that time you can check out CN to include eating lunch. You won't be able to check out any of the dinner restaurants as you'll be gone before dinner time. We did the orientation which helped us to see the resort and decide to come back and try everything CN has to offer this year.

Bart & Bug
    Last edited by Bart and Bug; April 12th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Just bumping this up as I'm curious about this too!

Oh Shari and James.... when are you going this December?

So let me get this right, you just have to be signed up as a romance reward member? The status of the member doesn't matter (newbie)?? Just curious as we might try this if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by June670 View Post
    So let me get this right, you just have to be signed up as a romance reward member? The status of the member doesn't matter (newbie)?? Just curious as we might try this if possible.

That is correct, trading places is the one perk of romance rewards availble to you on your first visit to Couples.