Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Couples Resorts

Has anyone heard if Couples is planning a new resort for families?

Thanks

Then it wouldn't be "Couples" it would be "Families".
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Most couples go to Couples to spend time with their SO and to get away from the kids. I know we love the fact that there are no kids there. If kids were allowed at the resorts, we would be going elsewhere.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

"Couples" = / = "more than two"

I certainly hope not.

No but wouldn't that be odd as it's called Couples. The Issa's do run Idle a While which is next door to CSA and people can use the sports facilities at CSA I believe. There is no restriction on who stays there.

Not likely.

Hope not....

We hope not,then it would not be couples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first I have heard about it but if so I would be over the moon! My husband and I want to take our kids to Jamaica next time but we are having a hard time deciding on a resort. I'm sure whatever couples did it would be perfect!

Then it would be called Families...

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it being called Couples?? The purpose of Couples is that it is an adult only all inclusive especially for Couples.

It wouldn't be a COUPLES resort then.

I really wish they would make a family resort that is a lot like CSA but everything I have heard says they have no plans to venture into that business. Too bad though since they would likely get a lot of business and I am sure they would do it better than anyone else.

That would be one of those oxymorons I've heard so much about...

That said, the "B" resort chain is a spin-off of the "S" chain.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Greetings to all:

With all the talk of making babies at our resorts maybe we should consider opening a hotel for baby-maker repeaters only. LOL

Sorry, guys, we will stick with what we know - Couples only...

Couples Resorts

*** See edit below since Randymon replied above ***

Why would anyone hope that Couples would not add a family resort?

How could Couples doing that possible impact you in a negative way if you would continue to go to their Couples Only resorts? Other than denying a well-run "Couples" resort to people who are not "Couples" what could your agenda possibly be? Let me let you worried folks in on a secret.... if there was a new Couples resort for folks other than adult couples... attendance there would not be mandatory. It would be optional.

Why spend time wishing bad luck to others? We vacation in Jamaica with our kids too and would love to see a Couples alternative to Beaches and all those Spanish resorts. My wife and I will continue to enjoy our Couples Only vacations and at the same time hope that families someday get a chance to experience the excellence of a "Couples" run resort. Live and let live folks.

Edited to add: Now that the "Board Lag" has caught up I see that Randymon has ended the speculation of a family resort, I would still welcome a family resort run by Couples sometime in the future. When you vacation as a couple... there's the Couples resorts for couples only and if you have kids you love who love Jamaica (like I do) then they would benefit from a Couples run resort for those family vacations. I just don't see why any couple would think it helps them to keep families from having that option or how it would hurt them for Couples to have one. Families get a better option and couples lose nothing. Win - Win... maybe in the future. Think about it Randymon!
    Last edited by rhallva; April 10th, 2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Board Lag

Gotta jump in here. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Couples and the time away from our children. I affectionately refer to our trips as Marriage Saving Vacations.

And...we also LOVE LOVE LOVE our children. We've always debated taking them to Jamaica to share our love for the island with them. (The debate is that it is OUR island, not to be shared.) Of course, we'd have to stay at a different resort, which seems weird and like we're "cheating". How cool if Couples did branch out and give families an option. We'd go in a heartbeat.

And...I totally respect their decision to stick with what they do best. Couples strategic focus is one reason for their tremendous success.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

thank god!

It could still be called couples; now you have a couple of parents and a couple of kids!

greetings to all:

With all the talk of making babies at our resorts maybe we should consider opening a hotel for baby-maker repeaters only. Lol

sorry, guys, we will stick with what we know - couples only...
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by photochick5 View Post
    This is the first I have heard about it but if so I would be over the moon! My husband and I want to take our kids to Jamaica next time but we are having a hard time deciding on a resort. I'm sure whatever couples did it would be perfect!

I'm with everyone else, love Couples as it is. Somehow when resorts venture out things start to change and that would destroy what we know Couples to be. If you want the name of a place that allows families email me and I'll give you a name and an honest review...we've been there numerous times and I'll tell you the good and the bad. No hurt feelings if you don't take my advice but at least I can give you a place to start looking.
    sherry@lostshoeranch.com

Whenever people ask this question there are always responses that seem pretty sarcastic and/or rude about how it wouldn't be "Couples" and how people go to Couples to get away from the kids so they would lose all sorts of business or whatever. I think the obvious idea here is that the person who brought it up is hoping that they open an additional resort for families, not convert one of the existing ones. They obviously wouldn't call it Couples and nobody is suggesting that they should. Plenty of people want to take a vacation with their kids and once they have been to Couples it seems like a bit of a disappointment when you look at the alternatives that are for families. People almost act as if they are insulted by the question but really it is a huge compliment.

I understand why they don't want to make one but I am sure they would do an awesome job if they ever decided to. We would love it for all the same reasons we prefer Couples to the other all inclusive, couples only resorts. We would just prefer the Families (or whatever) resort to the other all inclusive family resorts.

Greetings to all:

With all the talk of making babies at our resorts maybe we should consider opening a hotel for baby-maker repeaters only. LOL

Sold! I guess the kids would be considered repeaters also. lol

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Why would anyone hope that Couples would not add a family resort?

How could Couples doing that possible impact you in a negative way if you would continue to go to their Couples Only resorts? Other than denying a well-run "Couples" resort to people who are not "Couples" what could your agenda possibly be? Let me let you worried folks in on a secret.... if there was a new Couples resort for folks other than adult couples... attendance there would not be mandatory. It would be optional.

Why spend time wishing bad luck to others? We vacation in Jamaica with our kids too and would love to see a Couples alternative to Beaches and all those Spanish resorts. My wife and I will continue to enjoy our Couples Only vacations and at the same time hope that families someday get a chance to experience the excellence of a "Couples" run resort. Live and let live folks.
    Exactly! People get all bent out of shape about it like somehow adding a new resort with the same general principals of customer service and awesome inclusions is going to somehow impact the existing resorts. The existing resorts hardly even impact the other ones. When CTI makes a change I don't really feel it at CSA. I am sure when Couples added CSA to the lineup there were no worries that the other resorts were going to go downhill. It seems like the same thing to me.

If I were going to create a new all inclusive family resort I would want someone who knows what they were doing to run it. I would want to take all the things I love about other resorts and put those things into my new resort. What better people to do that than the ones we already know do a fantastic job?

My husband and I love the Couples brand. We also love Jamaica and we've brought our 11 year old to the island, also. She loves it too! It would be nice to have a family resort that has the same kind of Couples value to it, but until then we'll just have our wonderful Couples vacations and our family time somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast