Thread: Scuba Diving??

Default Scuba Diving??

My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in November to CSA and have a few questions about scuba diving. We both want to get PADI certified and want to know the process. If we take the classroom version online before we arrvive will we just present our evidence and go straght to the pool? If so how long will it take to get certified? Pool for a day then dive or pool a day and dive two days? Just curious how much time we are going to spend getting certified. Any and all info will be helpful.

hi i tried a taster course and had a 5 length swim followed by a 2 hour breifing video. Then i had a briefing from shrek about equpment a dive in the pool for the basics then a 30 minutes dive in the sea it was great.
    i was offered a course for 7 days for 250 dollars which entitiled you to free padi diving for the rest of the holiday and once certificated all the padi diving is free except the night dives. im off to csa nexct week and cant wait to pass my padi and get out their.

good luck.

Shreks the best instructor ever!!!!

Anybody else know anything about this?
    My wife is PADI certified, but has not been on a dive in over 10 years. I want to get certified so that we can dive when we return to CTI. Since we have committed to returning to CTI at least once or twice a year, it is obviously in my best interest to become completely certified (versus doing the resort course everytime). I looked into courses online and the classroom part is not that expensive. When I looked at local shops, the training part of it was about $350 to do the whole thing (theory and practical) or $300 if you had the online (theory part) finished already (not much of a break considering the online class is about $125 to $150). If a person does all the "theory" work on line, can they finish everything else they need to do to be officially certified by training under the supervision of the dive staff at CTI?

Quote Originally Posted by cjjackman View Post
    hi i tried a taster course and had a 5 length swim followed by a 2 hour breifing video. Then i had a briefing from shrek about equpment a dive in the pool for the basics then a 30 minutes dive in the sea it was great.
    i was offered a course for 7 days for 250 dollars which entitiled you to free padi diving for the rest of the holiday and once certificated all the padi diving is free except the night dives. im off to csa nexct week and cant wait to pass my padi and get out their.

good luck.

Shreks the best instructor ever!!!!
    You are absolutely right, Shrek is a great instructor. You will no longer find him at CSA however. He is now instructing at CTI!!!

Just completed our PADI certification locally before going on our trip, that way the day we show up we will be ready to go scuba diving and won't have to complete any training there.

Going to be there in 2 weeks!

Ours was a two weekend course. The first weekend was half classroom, half pool dives (plus we had to read the book ahead of time).

The second weekend had the open water dives; 2 dives Saturday and 2 dives Sunday and that was it!