Thread: What to wear

Default What to wear

What do most folks take for clothes for dinner?
    I assume swim suits are fine for breakfast and lunch but I was wondering about dinner? We plan on doing a private dinner on beach, what do folks wear for that?

Thanks

Swimsuits and coverups are what we live in all day. We also pack work out clothes.

For dinners, I wear sundresses and maxi dresses or tropical skirts. My husband wears linen or other lightweight slacks and Tommy Bahama shirts.

From the FAQ page:
    http://couples.com/10FAQ.htm#What_is_the_dress_code

Yes, you may wear your swimsuit, WITH a cover-up for the ladies and with a shirt for the gentlemen, to breakfast and lunch. You don't say which resort you are going to, we were at CSA but I think they are all about the same so I'll tell you what I observed. Dinner tends toward the more dressed up side, many women wore dresses. However, if you aren't comfortable in a dress wear what you are comfortable in. I don't mean your swimsuit I just mean feel free to be a little more casual if that's your comfort zone, capris would be just fine. The private dinner is intended to be a romantic, fancy dinner so you would wear appropriate clothing. You may want to visit the web page for the resort you are visiting, each resort has at least one restaurant with a specific dress code and it will be spelled out for you there.

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts/t-shirts/flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal summer or cocktail dress and sandals or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar, and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed.) Jeans, shorts, sneakers, and flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).