Default Just back from Couples Negril - Review 4/2-4/9

Just back from a wonderful stay at Couples Negril. Let me start by saying the most important thing "Couples does it Right", yes they do!!! This was our first visit to Couples Negril, but second to Couples as we stayed at Couples Swept Away last year. From start to finish everything was amazing!

We brought friends with us this year and they were first timers to Jamaica and had heard us brag after two years in a row so we were hoping that they enjoyed as much as we did and I think we made the right choice.

Couples Lounge was great after a cold Red Stripe in the Lounge we were on our way in about 20 minutes. Ride from the airport to the resort was about an hour and 1/2 with a quick stop at the rest stop for a beer!

Check in was a breeze, one room was ready so we could change and head to the beach! The beach is wide and always plenty of chairs. Did I mention Couples does it right - Well let me tell you that the beach floaties and flag service certainly add to the vacation! Beach in manicured perfectly and swimming area is clean and best on the Bay. You never wait for the flag service, they appear fast!

The swim up pool bar was perfect, and Franklyn and Lindon at the Bar were great. Very personable and by the end of the week we had him making a signature drink. Service was always fast and easy. Hot tubs were Hot and always clean.

The rooms are beachy and extremely clean, our housekeeping staff was really good and never missed a beat. Always cleaned and of course turned down nightly. The coffee on my balcony every morning was always a nice touch and the banana bread is yummy!

The food at each Restaurant was amazing. The Buffett for Breakfast and Lunch was always fresh with plenty of choices. Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's too!

We tried each place for dinner. Lychee's was great, food was amazing, appetizer sampler was top notch! Otaheite was great too the entire meal from appetizer all the way to the Mango Creme Brule. The Filet was amazing and so was the white snapper. We ate at each of these twice and can tell you service was top notch. We didn't try Heliconia for dinner at all but did eat at the Cassava Terrace twice and this was amazing food and service too. Did I mention they didn't miss a beat! Anywhere!

Since we were repeaters we had the luxury of enjoying a dinner for repeaters. We were seated with the HR Director for the resort (I can't remember her name) but she was a true pleasure to visit with and I learned a lot about the resort. What an asset she is to the resort. This meal is amazing and not to be missed! If you are a repeat guest don't miss it! Also I have food allergies and they were extremely accommodating on this too.

We did the Cat Cruise and it was entertaining and great fun! Nice sunset and enjoyed by are friends too.

Splurged for our friends and got them a Private Dinner while we did the repeater's dinner it rained but they were moved to the treehouse and they said it was truly an amazing dinner and night!

Try the Tie and Die class we enjoyed that as the lady that comes in to do it is very entertaining. It also didn't hurt that our friend Odainne was serving up Mimosa's! He was great and new to Couples and sure he will be one that will be talked about in the future.

The Photograph people were a nice asset, we bought six pictures and all were friendly and if you weren't interested a polite no thank you was easy.

I am going to end with the person that stood out for me the most on the trip Deston at the Guest Relations! You are amazing and personable! Thank you for always remembering our faces every time we walked in to the lobby, this is what makes this place home.

Don't hesitate to book this resort! If friendly service, good food and an awesome resort is what you are looking for this is your place. We will be back again, just wish it would be sooner. Thank you Couples Negril and Staff!

Any questions let me know!

Fantastic review!

Oh, You have made me MORE excited about going back!! Would you mind posting a comparison of CSA and CN. I want to try CSA and I'd like to know your thoughts. Mariann

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    Oh, You have made me MORE excited about going back!! Would you mind posting a comparison of CSA and CN. I want to try CSA and I'd like to know your thoughts. Mariann
    Mariann...I'm with you on that. I love love love CN and want to try CSA but am afraid to change away from something we already know and love.

My only question "coffee on my balcony every morning..."

Is that made in room or will they bring with room service?

Thanks for your great review!!

There is coffee in the room but we had ours delivered daily to our room! The Banana Bread is also to die for

Well after doing both resorts we decided we would actually repeat to both of them. We like both but would have to give the service award to Couples Negril. I think because its smaller and less spread out its just more personable.

Couples Swept Away has more ease of walking on the beach and more activity.

There was a little more food variety at Swept Away but they both were so awesome I give them equal.

I liked the convenience of everything right there at Couples Negril. We had a Beachfront Verandah at Swept away and loved our room. The view from that was better than what we had at Negril. Rooms are pretty equal though. Verandah was nice at swept away - bigger balcony then at Couples Negril.

The staff is awesome at both! It honestly is the people in Jamaica that are so awesome and that is what will keep me coming back. Wouldn't hesitate to share with more friends. Glad we chose to take our friends there. We took them to Swept Away on the day trip too so they could see where we stayed last year

Wish I was still there..... Miss it! Ya Mon