Default CSA May 7th-13 Pelican Bar

Hi Craig and Melanie from Michigan 1st timers to CSA wondering if anybody has been or wants to join us in a trip to the Pelican Bar during our stay

Hey there... Lorraine and Shawn from Florida. Our second time at CSA. We'll be there May 2 - 12. We're totally open to checking it out. Will you have access to email when you're there? We can touch base and set up a time/place to meet.

Tiffany and Nick from Indiana, 2nd Couples visit, 1st to CSA. We will be arriving May 8th and were talking about going to Pelican bar and would much rather share the experience with others! Sounds like a great idea to me!

Aw, man..... we don't arrive until the 12th, or we'd take you up on it. It sounds like SO much fun. Are you actually leaving on the 13th?
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Default May 8-14

We're getting married in Montego Bay and will be at CSA for a mini honeymoon May 8-14! We would LOVE to check out Pelican Bar!! Would be great to get a fun group together!

We will be bringing our lap top you can reach us at cwmetals@wowway.com thought it would be more fun and cheaper to go in a group thanks for the interest

Looks like the 9th, 10th or 11th would be the best for all of us -- assuming it's still a cool place to go Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. How about if we just plan to meet Sunday night at the Aura Lounge to figure it out? 9:00 p.m.?

Our email is mcgill352@gmail.com if we need to reschedule.

I just looked up some more info on the bar and realized it's more of a day trip than a night out... which is cool with me. My only hesitation would be if it were a windy, rough day on the ocean (I can get a little anxiety being in a small boat in rough water) but it seems like a totally cool place to go with a group!

Yeah Irish couple here and we would love to do it..there is a thread in the meet up for April about this and we could get good info and contacts from that

Great! Seems like Rocky's Tours comes recommended so I emailed him for some more details and to find out how many people can fit into one van. Others have recommended visiting Rick's on the way back. I'm fine either way.

So far we have:
    Craig and Melanie
    Shawn and Lorraine
    Tiffany and Nick
    ojustbeachyo (honeymooners -- first names?)
    Stumaloo (Irish couple -- first names?)

Seems like a nice size group right there. I think the last time we did an excursion we squeezed 12 into the van but I sat in the front seat (quite an experience) so unless we hear otherwise, 10 should probably fit nicely.

I'll keep you posted when I hear back from Rocky!

ojustbeachyo = Nicole & Joel : ) Can't wait!
    Are we planning on meeting on May 8th @ the Aurora Bar? 9pm?

Sorry our names are Stuart and Leigh-Ann ... 36 and 31.

As far as Ricks goes I wasnt very impressed by it myself the first time i went (4 years ago) . Nothing to do but watch the cliff divers and you can do that from the catamaran cruise . If everyone is going we will go no problems . Not saying we dont want to go to Ricks more just letting you know what we thought of it

Sounds great Ricks would work for us to but we'll go with the flow
    thanks
    Craig n Melanie

chris and katie from indiana. we will be at csa 9-14. i c that u already hv enough people but we would love to get a couple more couples to join us too. also wondering about the price. we really dont want to go anywhere else but the pelican bar and then back to csa.

Sounds great! So, we are planning on meeting at Aura at 9pm on Sunday? We should be easy to find. Nick is six foot six and slender with dark hair. I'm a loud(especially after a few drinks), short-haired blonde. We are pretty hard to miss! Any plan for what day we want to go? We were looking forward to going to Rick's also so this sounds like a hell of a plan to me.

Yes! Let's all meet up at the Aura Lounge Sunday at 9:00. We can figure out then whether we want to consider Ricks. I'm fine either way. It's not too far so it can always be a trip for another day.

I heard back from Rocky and he said he can fit 12 passengers in his van. We can confirm the reservation now which I think would be a good idea. How does everyone feel about setting it for Tuesday, the 10th -- leaving around 10 a.m. which should get us there before Noon? Chris and Katie from Indiana get in on the 9th so they could be our last couple.

The cost will be $50 per person which includes the boat ride to the Pelican Bar. From what I've read, we can also request to have lunch there at an additional cost but I think we need to do it ahead of time (through Rocky). I'm pretty sure your only option is some sort of fish since lobster is out of season but I will confirm. Let me know if one or both of you are interested in that.

Guess that covers it! Only 11.5 days until we arrive... can't wait! We intend for this to be our only real "planned" event and to totally go with the flow the rest of our stay.

Ok, now that Nick found out that this is a 2hour trip one way, he is doing some waffling on me. He's not sure if he wants to be gone a whole day or not. Let me work on him some more and see what I can do. Either way, we would still like to meet Sunday night and at least get to know each other so we can hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    Yes! Let's all meet up at the Aura Lounge Sunday at 9:00. We can figure out then whether we want to consider Ricks. I'm fine either way. It's not too far so it can always be a trip for another day.

I heard back from Rocky and he said he can fit 12 passengers in his van. We can confirm the reservation now which I think would be a good idea. How does everyone feel about setting it for Tuesday, the 10th -- leaving around 10 a.m. which should get us there before Noon? Chris and Katie from Indiana get in on the 9th so they could be our last couple.

The cost will be $50 per person which includes the boat ride to the Pelican Bar. From what I've read, we can also request to have lunch there at an additional cost but I think we need to do it ahead of time (through Rocky). I'm pretty sure your only option is some sort of fish since lobster is out of season but I will confirm. Let me know if one or both of you are interested in that.

Guess that covers it! Only 11.5 days until we arrive... can't wait! We intend for this to be our only real "planned" event and to totally go with the flow the rest of our stay.
    we would like to go with all of u to the pelican bar, as far as going to ricks i dont really care to stop there. i just dont want to be away from csa to long. i just want to see one of the worlds weirdest bars, drink some rum and snap some pics. we arrive may 9 at 11:40 so we should be at csa by 2. we r staying in a bfvs, so if u would still like us to go just look for the newbies lol

FYI... trip price is the same whether we stop at Ricks or not. I have our made our reservation with Rocky for 12 on the 10th at 10:00 a.m. for now so just let me know if that's a problem and we can always change it. Also, we can just let him know about lunch when we leave.

tues is as good as any as far as lunch not big on eating there with so much to choose from at couples esp. since we are 1st timers
    Craig n Melanie by the way we are 50 and 51

To those who are thinking of visiting Pelican Bar...do it...wish we were going with you...it is a FAR better trip than Ricks (but do both) yours with envy! Caznsi

Ok to bump this up id like to apologize for not making this . I looked for this on the message board on Monday as i couldnt remember whether it was on Monday or Tuesday and we missed the meeting because we were at dinner in Feathers until late . Anyways i just realised you can find all your own posts and this is how i found this thread as it wasnt on the first 4-5 pages .

Just many apologies again and i hope we didnt let anyone down with this.

The trip was a bust. Only us and Craig and Melanie showed up. We both tried to find others who might be interested in going but had no luck. All in all, I was so happy and content at the resort that I didn't miss the excursion at all. Maybe next time!

Stuart! It's Tiffany and Nick from the repeater's dinner!! So glad we could find you on here! Hope you enjoyed your trip. Are you and LeighAnn on Facebook? Would love to add you as friends if so!

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    The trip was a bust. Only us and Craig and Melanie showed up. We both tried to find others who might be interested in going but had no luck. All in all, I was so happy and content at the resort that I didn't miss the excursion at all. Maybe next time!
    I hope we didnt put you to too much inconvenience my friend . We dont like letting people down especially when you went to so much trouble in the first place. Just want to apologize once more for that .

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Roman View Post
    Stuart! It's Tiffany and Nick from the repeater's dinner!! So glad we could find you on here! Hope you enjoyed your trip. Are you and LeighAnn on Facebook? Would love to add you as friends if so!
    Hey Tiff yeah i will put a link in for my facebook

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=599192050