Thread: When do you go?

Default When do you go?

Hello all, it's me again...

I've been to CTI once in mid-December now planning for April (in hopes of a little warmer weather).

What is your favorite time of year to visit?

Thanks!

February to celebrate our anniversary

September.

May and November. The winter months mean the water is just too cold for us to enjoy. We try to avoid the worst of hurricane season but sometimes go in the middle of summer as well.

We always go the first weekend of December. It fits our schedule and lets us "reconnect before we disconnect". I work a second job doing taxes, which helps pay for the trip. We live in Central WI so we like to get away when it is cold, and by the time tax season is over, we are getting warm again, so December fits us best. To us the weather and the water are fine (but like I said, we live in central WI)
    Linda

The weather in Jamaica varies little through the year, they don't have weather temperature seasons like we do. If you were there and it wasn't warm enough for you it was a fluke. We usually go in November but have been in October a few times, both are hurricane season. We've had a few evenings that were chilly according to what we had expected due to storms but always able to wear swimwear during the day and be on the beach comfortably.

From the FAQ page but you'll find the same info if you do a google search on Jamaica weather:

http://couples.com/10FAQ.htm#What_is...ike_in_Jamaica_

August...

April 2006
    April 2008
    April 2009
    April 2010
    April 2011

And we're already booked for April 2012.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

We will be at CTI in a few days too. We have been going there in April for a long time. The weather is always great. Even with the sometime short showers, it's all good. Not to worry.
    If you are out on TI you can look for us. We are known as "April Amigos". You are welcome to join us.

Richie

I should rephrase, we leave in 7 days but I would prefer to go in February but we decided to go this April to save some cash.

We used to go the first week in November, but we found it less crowded the last week in October -- go figure???

We like mid December for our trip. It starts to get colder here in Ohio then and it's nice to escape from it. Although it is colder in January and February, December (before Christmas) lets us take advantage of the "Low Season" rates but keeps us out of hurricane season (which officially ends November 30). Going in December also helps with having my mother-in-law watch out daughter. It's easier since our daughter is still in school so my MIL doesn't have to be "on duty" 24-7.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

April as soon as the rates drop so we can stay longer! We celebrate our anniversary of march 31.

June coming up and September last time.

We like April but it is hard now that we live far away from all of our family and we have young kids, some in school. The weather in April is great and the price drops so that is nice too. Where we used to live it was still pretty cold in April so it was nice to get away from that. Here it isn't so bad. Sometimes it is nice and sometimes it isn't. Last year we left when it was in the 40s and came home to 70s and tulips blooming.

We went in October once and that was nice too. Again, that's a hard time for us with school and everything. Next year we are going to go in the end of July/beginning of August because that's not a very busy time for us and my mom can watch the kids since she has summer vacation too. I think July/August will probably be our new time to travel until the kids are a lot older.

The down side of April is that lobster is not served. I can't eat it but my husband loves it. There are a lot of other awesome choices during the off season and it doesn't really impact our travel plans, but now he knows what he is missing since we went in Oct last year. Lucky for him we are traveling during lobster season next year.

Thanks all...I think we'll give April a try!