Default Airlink - Reviews Anyone?

Hi All

Traveling to CSA in May and seriously considering using Airlink. I have yet to see anyone post a review on the experience....if you have used Airlink can you comment on the following?

Service
    Comfort
    On time/delayed

Where is their airstrip in MoBay? Sounds like their "counter" is outside of security.

How likely are you to do again?

Are you limited to any items in luggage? (i know really small planes sometimes have different rules)

Has anyone ever missed their scheduled flight? Do they just put you on next one?

Thanks all, this board has been so helpful....
    Rachel

We haven't used them since they restarted service (They shutdown a few years ago, sold all planes or terminated leases, and now have restarted with a new fleet). We've flown many times with them as well as TimAir.

Service
    >>>Fairly fast and very friendly
    Comfort
    >>>The panes are small, but comfortable enough and the flight is only 15 minutes or so.
    On time/delayed
    >>>They only had charter service in the past, so I can't comment on scheduled flight times.

Where is their airstrip in MoBay? Sounds like their "counter" is outside of security.
    >>>It is outside of security, but you pass through an additional security checkpoint when going out onto the tarmac. Their counter, along with that of the other few local air travel companies, is on the west end of the MoBay terminal building. A representative from International Airlink at in the arrival area (same area as Couples lounge and all other companies) will walk you over to their counter.

The airstrip is the same as that used by international flights

How likely are you to do again?
    >>>Definitely would.

Are you limited to any items in luggage? (i know really small planes sometimes have different rules)
    >>> Their policy is here:
    http://www.intlairlink.net/travel_info.aspx#bags
    They weigh your bags as well as the passengers (or ask for your weight).

Has anyone ever missed their scheduled flight? Do they just put you on next one?
    >>> Per above, we've only done charter, but assume they'd put you on the next or talk you into a charter if they have an aircraft available.

Such good questions. We too are considering the Airlink flight. My concern is if we are delayed arriving or getting though customs and we miss the flight then what.
    Also, if you had to wait it could end up taking longer to get "home" to couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Such good questions. We too are considering the Airlink flight. My concern is if we are delayed arriving or getting though customs and we miss the flight then what.
    Also, if you had to wait it could end up taking longer to get "home" to couples.
    If you missed your flight and the next one would cause you to arrive at Couples later than the shuttle I think you could take the shuttle. You'd want to know the schedule before you leave home so you'd be able to make a decision easily if you knew your commercial flight was running late.

We're also thinking about trying AirLink on our next trip to CSA. The only thing is I really do enjoy the ride to Negril! I love the countryside, I just don't like waiting to get to the resort!

We used Airlink this March to get to Negril. We had originally scheduled a 1:45 departure, but because our incoming flight was early (no kidding!) and it took less time to get through customs than we expected (no kidding!) we arrived about 12:30. We showed up at the Airlink desk at about 12:45 and while they were surprised to see us that early, they got on the phone and found out where the other passengers were and as it turned out, we took off at just after 1 o'clock. We were really impressed! The flight itself was about the same as TimAir... it was wonderful... great views all around, but it was cheaper. It's likely that you are going to be on a 5 passenger plane... figure on tipping the pilot about $20. Still, it's a great deal... I don't think we'll ever take the bus to Negril again.

For what it's worth, we do take the shuttle back... we're not in such a hurry to get home and we're not going to the beach at 8 in morning our last day either. So my recommendation is to take the plane there and the bus back.

We are planning to take Airlink on our return in July (we enjoy the ride to the resort). I made our reservations on their website about a month ago. I have requested a payment form twice and haven't received anything. How does this work? Do we pay when we get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Inthesun View Post
    For what it's worth, we do take the shuttle back... we're not in such a hurry to get home and we're not going to the beach at 8 in morning our last day either. So my recommendation is to take the plane there and the bus back.
    That is one way of looking at it and it certainly is personal choice. In our case our flight had us leaving the resort about 9am so to have time to shower, finish packing the personal items we used in the morning, do a last check of the room to be sure we didn't forget anything, eat breakfast, etc, we had to get up by at least 7am. While that may not seem unreasonable we weren't going to be back home until at least 11pm by the time we collected luggage and made the drive. We opted to take a TimAir flight to save us a couple hours and allow us to get a little sleep and have a more relaxing morning. Like you, we wouldn't spend any time on the beach that day but the extra sleep was a blessing. Ideally we will fly both ways next time!

Quote Originally Posted by No1conner View Post
    ... How does this work? Do we pay when we get there?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by No1conner View Post
    We are planning to take Airlink on our return in July (we enjoy the ride to the resort). I made our reservations on their website about a month ago. I have requested a payment form twice and haven't received anything. How does this work? Do we pay when we get there?
    I did the same thing about a month ago. I did receive a confirmation email the same day but thought I would call them just to make sure we were all set for our return flight to Mobay on the 24th.
    The nice lady I spoke to had a hard time locating our reservation even after I gave her the number and our names. She eventually found it and I paid over the phone. I then received an email confirming the flight and our payment. This is our 8th trip to Jamaica and I've learned not to leave anything to chance or assume "everyting gonna be awright"!
    Just an FYI, they do not accept American Express and there was an $8 fee for using my Discover card.