Thread: Why CTI ?

Hybrid View

Default Why CTI ?

My wife and I have been to CSA four times and absolutely loved it. We visited CN this past trip and liked it also. We especially liked the indoor(air conditioned ) fitness facility. If CN and CSA are the best that Couples has to offer on the best beaches in Jamaica, then why would one try CTI ? I am thinking of trying a new resort and/or place next year and have considered CTI since the new renovations, but do not want to be disappointed. Please give reasons why CTI is just as great.

First of all, CTI has the most wonderful nice people I have ever met. Second you get the view of the island (which at first I wasn't a big fan of, until I got there and saw it). Then of course you have the private beach. It's not too spread out, so everything is just a minute or two away. Everything is absolutely crisp, clean, and beautiful. The restaurants have amazing food, although I'm sure the other Couples have amazing food as well. There are different excursions at CTI, such as horseback riding. You get to see the island on your way there from the airport, which is a guided tour with the bus driver as your guide. You have the whole island for au naturel sun bathing. It's really an amazing place to be. =)

Default Why CTI?

We have been to both CSA and CTI. We can't really decide which we like better because they are so different. CSA definitely has a better beach. It was soooo long and so calm. CTI is much smaller and intimate. CTI had the best staff. They were all so super friendly and helpful. The food was great at both resorts. CSA had a few more selections. The Bayside at CTI is the best for it's atmosphere. It is awesome eating perched out over the water. We liked how compact CTI was. I felt like I bonded more with guests. At CSA, it felt like we never saw the same people twice because it is so spread out. CTI has everything within a short walk. We also liked the rooms more at CTI and we went before the renovation, so I bet they are really awesome now! If you do choose CTI, you won't be disappointed, it is a Couple's property after all. We can't wait to book at the other two!

CTI is people friendly and the staff are outstanding.
    I truly think everyone should visit and enjoy all four and let their favorite show it self.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 6th, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    If CN and CSA are the best that Couples has to offer on the best beaches in Jamaica, then why would one try CTI ?
    Well, thinking that CN and CSA are the best and that Negril has the best beaches is all a matter of opinion. Lots of us like the privacy that the CTI (and CSS) beaches offer, which to us, make them the best beach.

CTI has an old-world charm (it's the first couples all-inclusive and original Couples) that can't be found at the other resorts. The food is just as good and the staff are like family. Bayside restaurant has great ambiance as it sits on the water. The resort is small, private and is our home away from home.

I won't try and convince you to try CTI (we've been to all of the Couples and CTI is our favorite, followed very closely by CSA). But what we like in a vacation might not be what others like. The one piece of advice I can give you if you decide to try CTI is to go with an open mind. Don't expect it to be like CN or CSA because they are all different.

Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

It all depends on what you are looking for in a resort. All the resorts are different. What is important to you and will make your trip great is what you need to ask yourself. We think CTI is the best resort, but that is because CTI offers what we want.

In AC in the fitness facility is what you want - CTI has it.

If a private and no outside vendors on the beach is wanted, CTI has it. (It is to us)

If a lot of other shops within walking distant from the resort is wanted, CTI does no have it. (They do include two different shopping trips) (Been to JA 9 times, we are done shopping)

If a public beach for walking is wanted, CTI does not have it.

If very friendly staff is wanted - CTI has it.

If a new and fresh resort what you want, CTI has it.

Great Spa - CTI has it.

Great food - CTI has it.

Horse back riding - CTI has it.

Dunns River fall trip - CTI has it.

Golf - CTI has it.

Very private AN area - CTI has it

Cat Cruise and glass bottom boat rides- CTI has it.

A resort to link up with your partner - CTI is your place.

Want wild parties - CTI may not be your place.
    Irie Mon

It all depends on what you are looking for in a resort. All the resorts are different. What is important to you and will make your trip great is what you need to ask yourself. We think CTI is the best resort, but that is because CTI offers what we want.

In AC in the fitness facility is what you want - CTI has it.

If a private and no outside vendors on the beach is wanted, CTI has it. (It is to us)

If a lot of other shops within walking distant from the resort is wanted, CTI does no have it. (They do include two different shopping trips) (Been to JA 9 times, we are done shopping)

If a public beach for walking is wanted, CTI does not have it.

If very friendly staff is wanted - CTI has it.

If a new and fresh resort what you want, CTI has it.

Great Spa - CTI has it.

Great food - CTI has it.

Horse back riding - CTI has it.

Dunns River fall trip - CTI has it.

Golf - CTI has it.

Very private AN area - CTI has it

Cat Cruise and glass bottom boat rides- CTI has it.

A resort to link up with your partner - CTI is your place.

Want wild parties - CTI may not be your place.
    Irie Mon

Default Cti

We like the resort because if the size. You get to know everyone there. Its like a big family withh everyone there..

Who says they are the best couples has to offer? That's a matter of opinion. If the beach means a lot to you then stay with the Negril resorts. We love CTI, have tried CN and CSS but our favorite is CTI. It really depends on your expectation of a place and what you want out of your vacation. Look at the new panoramic pictures and decide from there. Vacation is what you make of it. They all have sand sun and sea and they are all Couples resorts, how dissapointed could you be?

We absolutely adore CTI. We are returning for the 5th time in January. The reasons we love it are because:

1. It is a smaller property (non navigational maps needed)
    2. Private beach
    3. Amazing staff
    4. Amazing food
    5. Ocean views are beautiful
    6. Smaller resort equals smaller amount of people (you tend to get to know the other guests)
    7. Most included excursions
    8. No vendors, jet skis, para-sailing
    9. Bayside (most romantic restaurant)
    10.Tower Isle (although we don't do AN, it is a beautiful feature to look at)

THAT'S WHY
    Kristen

Boo:

First of all, I am amazed that 136 people have read your post and not one person responded. Granted, this is a questing that comes up a lot. but apparently, not one reader had anything to offer. Well, I do.

It was love at first sight for us. And that was back in October 1995. No makeover. No renovations. Just a wonderful feeling of another place in time. There were sticky doors. Leaky air conditioning. Walls that were in desperate need of attention. none of things mattered. What made if so wonderful, so peaceful and relaxed, was the staff. After our first stay we felt of though we had known them all of our life. That was then. This is now.

The entire renovation of this magnificent resort has transformed her from dated to updated. Somewhat drab to WOW! If I were looking in a travel magazine and saw the new CTI, I would book it in a heartbeat. And still the most wonderful thing about being there, is still the staff. Only now, we know some of their children as well. Our lives have been enriched in ways that we could never have imagined. if you loved CSA and CN, trust me, you will not be disappointed. Just try not to do the comparing thing. This resort to that resort. The food, the rooms, the beach. I'll tell you right now, CTI is unlike the other three. But it is still Couples. That being said, I don't think that you have anything to be concerned about.

Richie

Why CTI?
    We were married there in September 1995 and have always dreamed of returning. We met so many nice people staff and guests alike. Ozzie (bar tender)and Denise (entertainment) were our witnessess and we were witness to the weddings of Chris & Janet (Tampa), Ewan & Sally (Inverness, Scotland).
    We stayed for 2 weeks and wished it was alot longer.
    We met Ice Folly the Stallion, I wonder if he is still alive?
    The room, food, entertainmet, excursions the lot was first class, we have experienced nothing like it since.
    It has been our dream to return and thought we would never get to do it, when we got married all 3 couples pledged to return in 5 years, well 14 ain't bad.
    Well we will get to see this beauty at least once more this November and are excited to see the changes and you never know bump into an old friend.
    Travelling from Scotland cold, dark and wet nights in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Boo:

First of all, I am amazed that 136 people have read your post and not one person responded. Granted, this is a questing that comes up a lot. but apparently, not one reader had anything to offer. Well, I do.

It was love at first sight for us. And that was back in October 1995. No makeover. No renovations. Just a wonderful feeling of another place in time. There were sticky doors. Leaky air conditioning. Walls that were in desperate need of attention. none of things mattered. What made if so wonderful, so peaceful and relaxed, was the staff. After our first stay we felt of though we had known them all of our life. That was then. This is now.

The entire renovation of this magnificent resort has transformed her from dated to updated. Somewhat drab to WOW! If I were looking in a travel magazine and saw the new CTI, I would book it in a heartbeat. And still the most wonderful thing about being there, is still the staff. Only now, we know some of their children as well. Our lives have been enriched in ways that we could never have imagined. if you loved CSA and CN, trust me, you will not be disappointed. Just try not to do the comparing thing. This resort to that resort. The food, the rooms, the beach. I'll tell you right now, CTI is unlike the other three. But it is still Couples. That being said, I don't think that you have anything to be concerned about.

Richie
    Richie,

I don't think it was so much people not responding as posts weren't getting posted.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    My wife and I have been to CSA four times and absolutely loved it. We visited CN this past trip and liked it also. We especially liked the indoor(air conditioned ) fitness facility. If CN and CSA are the best that Couples has to offer on the best beaches in Jamaica, then why would one try CTI ? I am thinking of trying a new resort and/or place next year and have considered CTI since the new renovations, but do not want to be disappointed. Please give reasons why CTI is just as great.
    Why not??? The only reason I can think of for not going to CTI is if you have to have a long stretch of beach for walking, or you want guests from other resorts walking on your beach, or you want jet skis and para sailing boats disrupting your nap as you listen to the waves hit the beach. Then don't chose CTI. Really, only you know what's important to you in a vacation. CTI meets our requirements.
    Last edited by Vickyj; August 11th, 2009 at 06:24 PM.
    Vicky

It's really simple

CTI is like Coming home again---each and every time!!!
    There's no place like home, there's no place like home!!!