Default dress code for men

can anyone tell me if there is a dress code for men in the restraunts? and if so what is the requirments. thanks we will be there may o1 and cant come soon enough

Just got back from our first trip to CN. The only dress code you have to worry about is Otaheite. This is the one restaurant that you must make dinner reservations for. Men must be in slacks, collared shirt and shoes. My hubby wore a golf shirt (or polo shirt, whatever you want to call them) and a pair of nice dress pants. I heard that men can also wear dress sandals, but didn't notice any of the gentleman wearing these.

At the other restaurants most people were wearing clean/nice shorts and shirts for dinner. During breakfast and lunch service at the main restaurant (Cassava Terrace) and at the Beach Grill (lunch only) men were in the swim trunks with a shirt and the ladies were wearing their bathing suits with a cover up.

I was worried about the "dress code" as well and packed a lot of extra items. My hubby and I have discussed that when we return to CN, we will bring less clothes, more bathing suits and whatever we forget, we will buy at the stores located on the property.

Have a great time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvancouple View Post
    Just got back from our first trip to CN. The only dress code you have to worry about is Otaheite. This is the one restaurant that you must make dinner reservations for. Men must be in slacks, collared shirt and shoes. My hubby wore a golf shirt (or polo shirt, whatever you want to call them) and a pair of nice dress pants. I heard that men can also wear dress sandals, but didn't notice any of the gentleman wearing these.

At the other restaurants most people were wearing clean/nice shorts and shirts for dinner. During breakfast and lunch service at the main restaurant (Cassava Terrace) and at the Beach Grill (lunch only) men were in the swim trunks with a shirt and the ladies were wearing their bathing suits with a cover up.

I was worried about the "dress code" as well and packed a lot of extra items. My hubby and I have discussed that when we return to CN, we will bring less clothes, more bathing suits and whatever we forget, we will buy at the stores located on the property.

Have a great time!!!
    thanks for the info its what i needed to know thanks again

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).