Thread: Idle Awhile

Default Idle Awhile

Are we allowed to discuss The Issa's other resort Idle Awhile on this message board? There is no message board on their website. Just curious.

Default I was thingking the same thing

I came across Idle Awhile and Chill Awhile(cliffs) on trip advisor and could not believe how much the rooms looked like Couples and that you could use Swept Aways sports complex. We actually thought about staying there this next trip, but thought we would miss our friends and the grounds of CSA too much.

I thought it might feel weird to feel like we were at Couples but not actually be there and we love that Couples is Couples only. How does everyone else feel about a place that looks so much like couples?

I hope this reply makes since I'm on pain meds right now I had my wisdom teeth out today and I'm not 100% with it.

This needs to be answered by Randy or a Couples employee. I have never seen a post about the resort on this board.
    Irie Mon

I think it was built by the same builder/architect/owner as Swept Away. Thats why the decor is mostly the same or similar. I understand it is also owned by the owner of CSA as well, Mr. Lee. I could only imagine the service/staff and operations are similar, though not all inclusive. I am a bit worried about the non-couples only aspect of it, but I have to say I am intrigued by the intimate feel of only having 14 rooms or so.
    The reviews on TA are similar to those of CSA.
    I just wonder why it has been kept secret for so long. I JUST found out about this little gem.

Jon
    there were lots of threads on the old board.

As you have all probably deduced by now...YES you can talk about these resorts on this board. The Issa's own them and as such, since the Mrs. is also the decorator for the resorts, it would make sense that it would have a similar feel. It's a lovely alternative if you want to take the family. Still have that great top notch service and familiar feel but with a different option. There are chef services with some suites and its a great jumping off point if you are endeavoring to spend more time exploring jamaica than simply staying on resort as well. There is a good deal of information on trip advisor about them, I would suggest some exploring of the reviews there.
    mona

I still feel drawn like a magnet to CSA, but thinking more and more about an interval visit to IA. I keep feeling though, that we might just be sad that we are not at CSA the whole time. Thanks for the good info.

A lovely employee from CSA (can't recall his name now) took us over to Idle Awhile a couple of years ago. (We were looking for a tapestry and he took us to a boutique right by the resort. He then thought it would be fun to stop in, because we mentioned our children and wanting to bring them to Jamaica.)

We were struck by the beautiful tropical feel of the property. Definitely smaller than the Couples resorts and not all inclusive. It had that warm inviting feeling and the beach, of course, was awesome. We would consider staying there if we ever brought our children to Jamaica.

Holy cow it looks just like csa, but I must say the bathrooms actually look nicer than csa too
    Erika & Sean

MnK- Thanks for the info. It sounds tempting. Maybe we'll go to CSA 1st and take a little visit there to see if we could stand being away from CSA for the whole week.
    Mike

Mike...do it!!! And let us know what you think.

I'm trying to figure out exactly where it is located. Everything I read refers to it's close location to Margaritaville...a 5 minute walk, close, etc. Is it between CSA and Margaritaville or further up the beach? Can't find it on a map either, the only map I could find has CSA labeled as Idle Awhile...actually sort of the fitness center, a little oops there.

We have considered taking our teenage daughter here, but have yet to decide. I wish it was all inclusive like Couples.

Swept Away Nov/Dec 08'
    Swept Away Jun 10'
    Swept Away Oct 11'
    Swept Away Jun 15'
    (Long time coming after vacationing in 8 other countries...it's time to return home)!

We enjoy both AI and non AI options and we don't have kids. We like the local cuisine and nightlife and that is the reason we choose non AI sometimes - it's a totally different experience.

Idle Awhile is a very nice resort and access to the sports complex is icing on the cake.

When we go non AI it is generally cliffs not beach. We are splitting between beach and cliffs when we come to Jamaica in 12 days. I tried to book Hide Awhile but it was sold out. It is on my list for future trips.

Idle Awile is a little further up the beach than Margaritaville. Just past another hotel called Coco La Palm. It was a charming little place and the best kept secret about it is that you can cut through from the beach to the road and right across the street is some of the best jerk chicken around -- a place called Best in the West!

Greetings. We've actually booked a week @ Idle Awhile late January 2012. Two of our sons are going with us as well as two other friends (both ladies husband's went to heaven & we all used to vacation together) along. Since CSA is not an option w/this group we chose to try Idle Awhile since it's an Issa property. We walked to IA one morning while on our last reach and actually saw the suite we will enjoy. Of course a trip home to CSA will also be on our agenda for 2012... No way can we go w/o a trip home (smile). Hope all is well! Razzl

Quote Originally Posted by MnK View Post
    A lovely employee from CSA (can't recall his name now) took us over to Idle Awhile a couple of years ago. (We were looking for a tapestry and he took us to a boutique right by the resort. He then thought it would be fun to stop in, because we mentioned our children and wanting to bring them to Jamaica.)

We were struck by the beautiful tropical feel of the property. Definitely smaller than the Couples resorts and not all inclusive. It had that warm inviting feeling and the beach, of course, was awesome. We would consider staying there if we ever brought our children to Jamaica.
    Were you able to find the tapestry you were looking for?

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

we just got back on the 14th from CSA and went to check out Hideawile also on the cliffs...Were goon stay a couple of nights before we come over and get our CSA fix for 8 nights in December

Or better yet...I love this idea of going to Idle Awhile for a few days and then continuing on to CSA for the remainder of the vacation.

twin6mike yes i would save CSA for last as you dont wanna be bummed your leaving