Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dress shorts for men

Can the men wear dress shorts in restaurants or are they required to wear dress pants?

You don't mention which resort you are visiting. Each resort has at least one restaurant that has a specific dress code beyond shorts but some restaurants will allow shorts. Check out the web page for the resort you are visiting, click on "dining and restaurants" and you'll get the specifics. Here is a link to the FAQ page for the general dress code for all the resorts:

http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm#What_is_the_dress_code

Long pants are required in the reservation restaurants. Dress shorts are fine in the other restaurants. Which resort are you going to?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

slacks for men are only required at Otehite.
    Kim

At CSA this Feb./March, my SO did wear nice shorts several evenings to The Palms. We felt that there were a few more casual evenings here than at CN and we felt it was appropriate dress attire. However, he wore dress pants to both Feathers and Lemongrass and also to the Repeaters Dinner.

It all depends on the restaurant. Go to the resort tab you are going to and look for the dress code.

If the tab says: Required Dress Code - [Resort attire -- jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted.] That is the answer.
    Irie Mon

For the most part only the top restaurant at all Couples resorts requires long pants, a collared shirt and closed toe shoes for men
    All the rest men can wear nice shorts, tasteful shirts and sandals. Flip flops for men are frowned upon

NOPE Sorry

I heard recently that jean shorts were all the rage nowadays in Jamaica...lol.

Men must wear slacks, closed shoes and dress shirt at Feathers. At Lemongrass, slacks, closed shoes and maybe a golf shirt. Haven't been in four years so not sure. Enjoy.

Default @ sonofthebeach

really...still with the jean shorts??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by meggy43 View Post
    really...still with the jean shorts??? lol

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Shabo View Post
    Men must wear slacks, closed shoes and dress shirt at Feathers. At Lemongrass, slacks, closed shoes and maybe a golf shirt. Haven't been in four years so not sure. Enjoy.
    Shorts are fine at Lemongrass ...... That's all I wear and we have enjoyed Lemongrass each of last 4 years.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

I always look at the restaurant and night life at Couples as a "Date Night". The main restaurants are all VERY nice, something to dress up to attend. A ROMANTIC night out.

My husband wears nice shorts with dry fit shirts or polols depending on the restaurant. Only pants are required at 1 of the restaurants (not sure which resort you're going to). Enjoy your trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    I always look at the restaurant and night life at Couples as a "Date Night". The main restaurants are all VERY nice, something to dress up to attend. A ROMANTIC night out.
    You just recycled a thread that is over 3 years old. The dress code has changed a bit. Would advise anyone who is just now seeing this thread from 2011 to not go by what is listed above and to research the couples.com website for more accurate information.

Depends on the resort/restaurant. It's not that big of a deal. Just have a pair of dockers.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

True, LA. But always interesting to see just how causal people try to get at the restaunats. If we go to each resort's restaurants, wecan find that restaurants dress code. As this with CSA's Feathers; "Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by laharlson View Post
    You just recycled a thread that is over 3 years old. The dress code has changed a bit. Would advise anyone who is just now seeing this thread from 2011 to not go by what is listed above and to research the couples.com website for more accurate information.
    The same person recycled another post "Questions on clothing, leaving soon". What's up with that?

yep. looks like Lemongrass has gone fancier in the last couple of years. We generally skip the fancy ones so that one is probably off our list

lol @ sonofthebeach...do they still call them jorts? haha

It won't kill you to wear decent/respectful clothes of the restaurant's expectations one nite, would it?
    If so, then go elsewhere.
    It's that simple.
    No biggie!
    Enjoy.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

True, LA. But always interesting to see just how causal people try to get at the restaunats. If we go to each resort's restaurants, wecan find that restaurants dress code. As this with CSA's Feathers; "Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.
    Thankfully you don't make the dress requirements at CSA and they have changed and become a little more casual as even Feathers now allows dress sandals for the men with their slacks.

My husband and I live in a very casual part of the Florida Panhandle Gulf Coast and we choose to dress that way for the most part in our regular lives. Our date nights, as you call them, some of which are at *VERY* nice restaurants, are just as important to us as anyone else. If I am sitting in a restaurant with my husband and we have candles, nice music and quiet, I don't care what he is wearing and around this part of Florida that means dress shorts and a nice golf shirt and it may even mean casual sandals.

We do honor the dress code at Feathers and eat there once a week when we are at CSA but I know my husband is doing that for me as he would rather be at the Palms where he is allowed to wear shorts in the still romantic, low light atmosphere.

Romance is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has a different metric.

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    The same person recycled another post "Questions on clothing, leaving soon". What's up with that?
    I have no clue what prompted this person to recycle all these posts. I counted 7 different threads of varying ages that this person has commented the exact same thing.
    Last edited by laharlson; July 28th, 2014 at 04:00 PM.

Well, "jamming"; sometimes a topic DOES need to be covered again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast