Default CSS - 1 Bedroom Ocean Suite vs. Penthouse

We have previously stayed at CSS before in a penthouse suite and loved it. It was an amazing vacation. We are in the process of planning our wedding/honeymoon at CSS and plan to stay for a longer period of time. Upon review of the accomodations at CSS, the 1 bedroom ocean suite, sounds very similar to a penthouse suite (i.e. separate living room, large balconies,etc). It would appear that the primary difference between the two is that with the penthouse suite it will be on the 3rd floor whereas the 1 bedroom ocean suite can be on any floor. I would also expect the 1 bedroom ocean suite to be smaller in size although the video in the accomodations part of the web site looks like the suite is quite spacious.

I am very tempted to boook the 1 bedroom ocean suite due to the cost difference but I do not want to be disappointed. Any incite that anyone can provide would be appreciated. Additionally, I do not believe I have seen pics of the 1 bedroom ocean suite so if anyone has pics I would love to see those too. Thanks.

Hi;
    Well we had just the opposite experience and don't know what to do for our next trip! Our first time at CSS we had a one bedroom ocean and loved it. This past trip we had a penthouse in E block and just hated it. The bedroom was facing the footpath and it was noisy. The bathroom was so tiny I couldnt move in it and no counter space at all.
    I guess if you get a penthouse in D block you are good, otherwise, the one bedroom is the way to go.

ONe of the biggest diffenrences in these two room is how many steps you mind walking. We stayed in the one bedroom ocean suit and loved it. Everyting was close to us. Pools were close and most of the resturaunts were right there also. But in the end everyone has a different idea of which room is the best.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

Thanks for your responses. Do either of you by chance have any pictures of the one bedroom ocean suite room? Thanks again and I hope you had a nice weekend.

JCT - Last year we stayed in the Roger Moore penthouse suite, and we just came back from CSS, and stayed in a one bedroom ocean suite, G 8, and absolutely loved it!! We have quite a few pictures of the room, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca , and we'll send them to you.
    (Karen&Paul)

I have pics of penthouse C8 as well as one bed ocean F6 and G8 from our trip there in Feb.
    email me at hslater@travelonly.com and I will send them to you

Default pics of the one bedroom o

My husband and I are booked 3 weeks from today and I can hardly wait!! I too haven't been able to think about much else. We are booked in the one bedroom beachfront suite at CSS and are very curious to see recent pics of that type room. Any suggestions on where we might find pics would be greatly appreciated. Our email address is bama7676@yahoo.com if you have some and wouldn't mind sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    Any suggestions on where we might find pics would be greatly appreciated.
    There are a lot of photos over on the flickr group Couples Resorts Photos.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I am a few weeks away from book a room at CSS for our honeymoon in January. I am hoping to avoid booking a room that will put us in a block located behind the main pool area. It is really hard for me to figure out which block is located where based on the map provided on the site so I am worried I could book a room that may have an "ocean view" but requires us to look past the pool area, etc to see the ocean. It would be great if you had any advice or if you could send me a few pictures of the views you have had with your past rooms. My email is jeffmustang88@yahoo.com. Thanks!

I hope I can upload a couple of these pictures. We stayed in G6 a few years ago....G6 or G8 anyway. We loved it. It had a large balcony with two double loungers, a table and chairs and two bathrooms (huge plus for us)...It was up a flight of about 4 stairs on the interior staircase. Of course, it was a few looong exterior staircases from the beach, but that never bothers us at Sans Souci because the grounds are so beautiful. This past March we stayed in the Angela Bassett penthouse, which is D-21. As you know, the balcony is just wonderful, but the interior flight of stairs to the room can be a little brutal. We stopped ordering room service breakfast after the first morning because I felt bad for anybody carrying a tray up there.

In retrospect, the balcony of the penthouse was unparalled (to me), but its not as private as G6 (or 8). Both had large interiors, but the extra bathroom, to me, made the one bedroom ocean suite superior. I think when we go again, my BF will probably go for the ocean suite, but to me its almost 6 one way, half a dozen the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    I am a few weeks away from book a room at CSS for our honeymoon in January. I am hoping to avoid booking a room that will put us in a block located behind the main pool area. It is really hard for me to figure out which block is located where based on the map provided on the site so I am worried I could book a room that may have an "ocean view" but requires us to look past the pool area, etc to see the ocean. It would be great if you had any advice or if you could send me a few pictures of the views you have had with your past rooms. My email is jeffmustang88@yahoo.com. Thanks!
    The rooms behind the main pool are buildings A and B and are the Beachfront Jacuzzi Suites. These are the only types of rooms in the buildings. So book any other type of room and you will be fine.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Jevans,

I think B Block is the best! the reason is it is so close to everything and it is right next to the restaurant, across from the beach bar and beach. Sometimes it is noisy if there is an "informal party" going on at the bar, but we just would go over and join in. We are looking forward to our 30th anniversary next May..