Thread: First Timers

Default First Timers

My wife and I will be staying at CN in May and plan on visiting the AN beach. Even though we're both in our early 50's, this will be our first experience at a AN beach. What is the protocol for taking pictures or OURSELVES at the beach? Also, does the resort provide towels and lounge chairs in that section? Is the area large enough so that you're not sitting right next to others? Finally, if we wanted to swim, do you get dressed prior to walking onto the public beach to get in the water? Is CN AN the best place for AN virgins? Thanks for the help!

My wife and I will be staying at CN in May and plan on visiting the AN beach. Even though we're both in our early 50's, this will be our first experience at a AN beach. What is the protocol for taking pictures or OURSELVES at the beach? I NEVER SAW ANYONE TAKING PICTURES ON THE AN BEACH!Also, does the resort provide towels and lounge chairs in that section? OF COURSE!Is the area large enough so that you're not sitting right next to others? YES!Finally, if we wanted to swim, do you get dressed prior to walking onto the public beach to get in the water? NOPE, YOU GO STRAIGHT INTO THE WATER NUDE... IT IS A GREAT FEELING!!!Is CN AN the best place for AN virgins? I DON'T KNOW, BUT WE HAD OUR FIRST EXPERIENCE THERE, AND LOVED IT.Thanks for the help!

Couples has signs at all their AN beaches saying no photography but you can take a shot or two if you let others around you know your intentions, no one objects and you make sure NO ONE else is in the frame. Early morning will have fewer people and you will have a better chance of getting that vacation keepsake you seek. Bottom line - be discrete and respectful of others.

Steve...
    The photo is acceptable as long as you make everyone aware of what your doing and no one is in the background. We took photo's for a few couples along the bushes or over at CTI out on the point of the island. But again the people had asked everyone if the minded. I actually had one couple take a picture of a tattoo i had of my daughters. There are plenty of loungers and you bring your beach towel with you. If this is your first time AN one thing people like is if your sitting at the bar put a folded towel under your back side. As for walking into the ocean AN that is the best and most free feeling ever. Most people wrap a floaty around themselves and walk in and out of the water that way. We love the AN beach but there are other resorts on this beach and some have kids so i wrap one around me before entering the water.

Make sure to go your first or second day you'll LOVE it!! Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgroup View Post
    . . . . If this is your first time AN one thing people like is if your sitting at the bar put a folded towel under your back side . . . .
    Has CN expanded the bar on the a/n beach so that it now has seats? When did this happen? I hadn't heard about this.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thanks so much for the advice. We are really looking forward to this. After 26 years of marriage, it's time to try something out of the ordinary!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Has CN expanded the bar on the a/n beach so that it now has seats? When did this happen? I hadn't heard about this.
    No seats at CN.

I think they were just making a general statement.

Yes just a general statement, sorry.

But to drop a hint to CN...adding a pool to the AN beach would be perfect!!

We are in the same situation as Steve & Lynn. Staying CN May 7-14. 1st time she ever went topless was in Vegas 2 years ago. Once she got used to it, she took to it like a duck to water. Planning on trying the AN beach. A little apprehension for both of us but you only live once and we're in. I had the same question about photography. Can't go to the AN without a pic of ourselves, ya know? Also, like others, we have 2 other couples traveling with us and don't know if they will be trying the AN or not. She might feel a little awkward. Not sure. She did OK in Vegas with another couple we knew.

We will be at CN from 7th March for 2 weeks. This is our 4th visit.
    We are in our late 40's, and go to the AN beach. There are plenty of sunbeds, and mattresses on the top which u can use as floats in the Sea too. If there is a shortage of beds, then we have in the past borrowed a couple from the non AN beach right next door. ( beyond the hedge )
    We normally put towels ( provided by the Hotel ) on top of the beds, so its more hygenic too. You can just walk across the main beach in front of the AN section, and straight into the sea. Most people take their floats off the beds with them to use in the sea.
    There is Boules too,and some small groups play this, while nude of course. The hot tub is also very popular, esp late afternoon and early evening. Just a note... if you go on the AN beach and do not take your clothes off, then security will ask you to leave. ( this happened a few times when we were there last )
    We go to CN every March, and hopefully will continue, finances permitting.

We were there last year in may walked around found are spot and got undressed but if we went to the bar i put a towel on or to the shower and so did she or the bathroom when we went into the ocean put are clothes on and took them off when we got in or took are floats and kinda held them up and walked in, it is a public beach and some times kids are walking buy but not to many..

Steve and Lynn. We are in our mid-50s and also celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary in mid to late May at CN. We have been users of the AN beach several times. So, back to your original post. The responses you have about picture is accurate. Be discrete and polite and you should be ok. However, there are signs prohibiting photographs, etc. There are lounge chairs, but you need to bring your own towels. I bring one for a cover and a t-shirt to put under my head for comfort. There is room to spread out so you will not be beside other couples. However, if you want shade, then you will probably be close to other couples. Everyone there has been polite and respectful. If you want to be alone, you can be. If you want conversation with others, you can find that too. CN is where we first went to an AN beach and liked it so much that we have never gone elsewhere. As for swimming some people put on suits and others do not. Your choice.