Default Use of camera on The Island?

My girlfriend and I will be making our first Couples trip in May and are looking forward to our first au naturel experience. My question is what is the policy on bringing a camera onto the island? We have no desire to photograph other visitors and would never violate their privacy in such a way. However, I want to bring a camera just for a couple shots of us lounging on the island and maybe one of us together on the island (if we can find somebody nice enough to snap the pic for us) to document our trip and experience.

Any insight on this question is greatly appreciated. 55 Days and counting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lwhite View Post
    My girlfriend and I will be making our first Couples trip in May and are looking forward to our first au naturel experience. My question is what is the policy on bringing a camera onto the island? We have no desire to photograph other visitors and would never violate their privacy in such a way. However, I want to bring a camera just for a couple shots of us lounging on the island and maybe one of us together on the island (if we can find somebody nice enough to snap the pic for us) to document our trip and experience.

Any insight on this question is greatly appreciated. 55 Days and counting!!!
    No worries. Just let everyone know your intentions. We have some great pics of the island, pics looking back at the resort, as well as a couple tasteful ones of ourselves. You won't have any problems finding someone to snap a few for you. Just be respectful and make your intentions known.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

The rule is no camera's on the island. This is a good rule.

If you want to take pictures of the island, be the first to go over and take what you want. Do not take your camera out during the day, most people do not want pictures of them nude on some pic site. Respect is what Couples is about.

At the end of your trip, after you meet the other people, at closing time you can have them take a picture of you two.
    Irie Mon

Be respectful and it won't be an issue. We've had multiple photos taken by the greatest group of people in the world. The Islanders!

You will be fine as long as you repect other's privacy. Our first trip there two couples asked us to take their pictures so we had them take ours. At first it seemed weird but glad we have those pictures now.

Thanks for the help, that definetly cleared things up. I plan on bringing mine over after a few days and getting a shot of just us and will totally respect the privacy of others. We are SUPER excited about our first trip to The Island in May!!

The only two unbreakable rules on the island (as told to us by staff while there) are:

No men on de bar, mon
    No (frisky business) in de pool

Everything else is flexible, as long as you're respectful and careful not to make anyone feel uncomfortable. We actually took a group photo one day, but we gathered in an area where no one else was present made sure there was no one who might be accidentally caught in the photo.

Attaching my favorite photo from the island. My "campsite." Still makes me happy to see it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

some of the best photos come from the Island. As every one has said be respectful of others... Two great postable photos are ones taken standing on the wall with your backs to the sea and the floatie covering what needs to be covered... If there's been a wedding on the Island, there is usually left over flowers and leaves that make great additions to photos.
    Yammy
    CTI/April Amigos

You may want to ask the 'guard' -- person stationed at the beach (CSS) to insure everyone is confirming to the rules (nude) -- to take your picture that way she is sure your not taking pics of someone without permission. My wife and I have taken 'personal' pictures on the beach and we love having them to remind us of the great times at Couples.

Thanks for the advice! As stated earlier, we would never violate someone else's privacy and take/have them in a photo. It is nice to hear however that people do take pictures with their loved one while on the island. Thanks for the idea yammy!! Is there any staff walking around the Island who we can ask to take our photo or do we need to buddy up with another couple? I'm sure we'll have no problem doing the latter, I just don't want them to feel awkward.

99% of the people will do it especially if there in or around the pool. As stated before, the pool is very social