Thread: Coffee drinkers

Default Coffee drinkers

Will be at CN in 8 days, and doing the final pack job. I have a question for the coffee drinkers out there. When I was there in 07 CN didn't have flavored creamers. Do they now? Or do I have to bring my own, kinda got hooked on the french vanilla a few years ago. Not sure if getting a white powder thru customs would be fun...LOL Thanks gang

I don't recall seeing flavored creamers but I don't use them so could have easily overlooked them. If you are really that hooked bring a brand new container in your checked luggage. It won't be a problem in Jamaica as they don't search your luggage. When you leave the resort just don't bring it home if you are worried about getting it back home. Technically open food products can't come back anyway, if you had it in your carry-on and you got searched they'd toss it so to save the hassle I'd just leave it there.

I'm also a person who can only drink flavored coffee but I've found that adding Rum Cream is an absolutely wonderful substitute! Even better than the creamer. Heck, why not... You're on vaca! Delicious!

Wow. You just struck a nerve with me. We just got back from CN and I'm a coffee addict. First day the coffee is there, but no cream. Second day is repeater's dinner. I chatted with a number of people including the GM and food services manager. I asked about cream for coffee and they said Half & half was available. I light heartedly mentioned how important cream is to us coffee folks. They both said they'd take a look at the subject.

After a couple of mornings of asking for half and half and getting pained looks from servers I was a little confused. They would go get them, but I swear they had to go to the airport for them as it took more than 5 minutes.

Next day is an exchange to Swept Away. Just to irk me (It had to be personal) everywhere there was a coffee urn and even one of the little pump jobs, there sitting beside it was a basket with half and half.

After a few days the supervisor watched for me and made sure there were some available, but I just can't figure out why it is a big deal to put out cream for coffee. Is it just we Canadians that take cream with coffee? I thought it was a universal thing. What makes it even worse is that my GF says I'm cranky before I get my morning coffee. Could be so because I sure got a little cranky on a couple mornings.

They always had milk available during our seven visits to Couples (6 to CN and 1 to CTI) which is fine with me. I normally use 2% at home. CTI had creamers in our room with a coffee pot.

CTI now has a coffee bar in the Logo shop off the beach. If you order Continental Room Service for breakfast at any of the resorts, there is a place to indicate if you want cream.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Wow. You just struck a nerve with me. We just got back from CN and I'm a coffee addict. First day the coffee is there, but no cream. Second day is repeater's dinner. I chatted with a number of people including the GM and food services manager. I asked about cream for coffee and they said Half & half was available. I light heartedly mentioned how important cream is to us coffee folks. They both said they'd take a look at the subject.

After a couple of mornings of asking for half and half and getting pained looks from servers I was a little confused. They would go get them, but I swear they had to go to the airport for them as it took more than 5 minutes.

Next day is an exchange to Swept Away. Just to irk me (It had to be personal) everywhere there was a coffee urn and even one of the little pump jobs, there sitting beside it was a basket with half and half.

After a few days the supervisor watched for me and made sure there were some available, but I just can't figure out why it is a big deal to put out cream for coffee. Is it just we Canadians that take cream with coffee? I thought it was a universal thing. What makes it even worse is that my GF says I'm cranky before I get my morning coffee. Could be so because I sure got a little cranky on a couple mornings.
    When we were there last year, we had cream readily avaible to us. Not seen an issue at CN. Hope it isn't in the future, but I can do without coffee if necessary.