Thread: Rainy days

Default Rainy days

We are going to CTI next week. Looking at the forecast, it looks like there may be a lot of rainy days. What's to do on rainy days?

I'm sure you can come up with something.

Rain is water. The ocean is water. The pools are filled with water. No worries.

Let's not forget indoor activities. *nudge*

That said, every forecast of every week shows rain. It's the tropics.

Don't let the forecast fool you. In the Caribbean there is always a chance of rain everyday because of the humidity. It's usually just a quick shower. But, if it does rain more than that, there is still plenty to do! We use rain showers as a time to belly-up to the pool bar, meet other guests and do some shots. You can also play games in the game room, go to the gym, go to the spa....or go to your room
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

If it rains, get in a workout, grab a bite to eat, grab a drink, schedule a spa treatment, read a book, spend some time alone in your room together, wait out the rain at a bar or on your balcony, play cards, call home/check your email account, check out the gift shop for souvenirs, or start planning your next trip to a Couples resort.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

If it rains it is only for a hour or so. That is the great thing about CTI being on the North side of the island. The storms just blow by.
    Irie Mon

One of Charlie Pride's hits answers this question.

Behind Closed Doors

Heck I hate to get out of the pool just because it's raining. I'm already wet!

The showers don't last long unless you are having a major storm come thru. Usually grabbing a bite for lunch, watch the rain and the next thing you know the sun is back out.

We went snorkeling in the rain while we were in Negril this year. I guess the fish thought it was food hitting the water because they were out and about. Plus you don't have to worry about your back getting burnt if it's cloudy!

We have been to CTI four times and are returning this January. Every year I watch the weather and every year it says it's going to rain everyday. The only time it rained was once in the evening after we had already retired to our room, and once in the early morning.
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by photochick View Post
    Plus you don't have to worry about your back getting burnt if it's cloudy!
    Untrue! You can still get burnt on overcast and cloudy days.

The only problem with rain at CSA is that it could dilute my drink.

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    One of Charlie Pride's hits answers this question.

Behind Closed Doors

Right music genre, wrong last name -- Charlie Rich. :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Untrue! You can still get burnt on overcast and cloudy days.
    It also can be twice as bad since you usually don't feel like you are burning. One of the worst sunburns I have ever had was a day on the beach when it was cloudy. Never underestimate the sun just becuase you can't feel like beating down on you.

I vote that we have a sticky thread that says "dont trust the weather forecast, it's usually not very accurate." I have to say this question has been asked about 10000 times.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

jagorham

OPPS

I was thinking "MY JAMAICA" by Charlie Pride