Default CSS Penthouse in F Block?

We just made our final payment for our June vacation to CSS! We are beyond excited about this much-needed trip. I was just looking at our invoice & it says we are booked in penthouse ocean suite f-11. I've done a lot of research on these message boards, & I've never seen anything about a penthouse in F block. And according to the website's penthouse description, there are no penthouses in F block. Can anyone give me some information on this?

Thanks in advance!

I think F-11 is actually the promotion code you booked under, not necessarily your room number.

It's unusual for your confirmation to indicate an exact room. Usually, that is determined when you check in. There are no penthouses in F block as far as I know. There are 4 in E block however. Based on our experience, if they put you in E block, do everything in your power to be moved. We really disliked our penthouse E10.

Thank you to the person who emailed me. Silly me, the F-11 was referring to the promotion we booked under back in the fall. As you can see, I've never really traveled before.

I was just at CSS last week and would like to disaggree with the comment that if you get a penthouse in E-block that you should try and change suites. I stayed in E9 and LOVED the room. The room is close enough to the balloon bar that if you want a drink you dont have to make the treck dwn to the main beach. Also you are close enough to the lobby should you decide to leave the resort. For those that love entertainment me and my boyfriend were able to lay out on our balcony in private and listen to the music from the balloon bar in the privacy of my room. When I first arrived and was told that I would be in E block I had asked for D block because from reading the message board I was given the impression that the best rooms are only in D block. I just think that what ever room you get you should just enjoy it instead of throwing a tantrum to get a room in Dblock.

My husband and I just returned home from a wonderful week staying in room E-12 and couldn't have been happier with it. The room was spacious, had a large living room, kitchenette, nice-sized bedroom, and an adequate-sized bathroom. The balcony was to die for! We had an unencumbered view of the ocean, the mineral pool, closeness to the treetops which gave us delightful access to birdwatching whenever we needed a break from sunbathing, and as mentioned above--we watched the nightly entertainment from there as well. An extra and unexpected joy of the balcony was that it was so comfortable my hubby and I fell asleep there for a few hours a couple of times during our week stay. I wouldn't have traded our E block penthouse suite for a second!

That's good to hear, rgina & marguline. We are both easy-going folks, so I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter where our room is.

Sorry but we really hated that penthouse in E block and for good reason. Typically, a penthouse is on the top floor of a building and affords some privacy. The suite we had in E block had the bedroom at the same level as a walkway. We could not leave the drapes open at all and referred to it as the dungeon. We had foot traffic right outside our window day and night. The vanity in the bathroom was so tiny that I could not have my makeup bag and my curling iron in the room at the same time. We were travelling with 2 other couples and had all booked penthouses. Our friends arrived a couple of days ahead of us and were in the room beside us. They were already on the waiting list to move rooms for the same reasons. They were moved on day 4 of their vacation to D block and it was night and day. Unfortunately, the resort was full and our only option was to downgrade to a beachfront suite. This gave us a decent bathroom but we didn't want to give up the balcony and the great view.
    We had stayed in a one bedroom ocean view last year and loved it. We would not book another penthouse at CSS for fear of ending up in E block again.
    Oh, by the way, I don't do temper tantrums and don't appreciate the suggestion either.