55 25.35%
  • I'm not crazy about it.

25 11.52%
  • I don't like it at all.

4 1.84%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default New Website

Love it. Very nice looking

I like the new website overall. However, I had hoped for more pictures in the wedding gallery. I find it kind of confusing now. Like what is included with bouquets and pictures of the cakes and stuff. I guess I was hoping for more in regards to what the packages came with and what you can add. Especially photography. There really is nothing mentioned about what packages just for photography is offered. But overall its nice!

before the message board was up I was looking at the website. There is 1 thing that was one of the reasons I picked CN, and that was all the watersports which was included in the price. Looking at the inforamtion, you only see watersports. You have to go to the activities list to see exactly what is included. I think this may be a bit of a problem while newcomers who are debating on where to go. This is just my opinion, I know what I was looking for when I was doing the research on where to go for our vacation.

One of the things still missing in the description of the available rooms is a floor plan. This used to be available on the site a few years ago. When you use the panning feature, for example when looking at the Penthouse Suite, there does not appear to be any way to look at the bedroom or the bathroom - only the living room. One of our questions was - does the bathroom have a single basin or double basin? As we recall from a previous stay, there actually is a half bath in the Penthouse Suite, but none of this is described or shown in the pan. With regard to the message board, there does not seem to be an easy way to determine when the post orgininated, but only when the last post was made against the original.

Overall, the site is OK, but you should consider using a human factors company to review the site for usability issues - there are some. This would be worth the investment.

Using the default style is so much better...Hugs

I like the website but I don't like how so often I can't see stuff in the website because it is too large! so I frequently can't get on.

I know that change is something we never enjoy going through, no matter how much we may anticipate it, we will always find things that we don't initially like. However, change is a natural part of life that we must all experience. I have really enjoyed finding my way around this new site. That's part of the fun. Finding all the little things that were added to make this great. I am really looking forward to December when I can spend some time relaxing in paradise.
    Live it up, have fun, and don't sweat the small stuff!

The site looks more modern but the messages board will take some getting used to. One other thing is that one of my recent threads seem to have disappeared but no matter how hard I try I can't find a section in my profile that can take me there (or to any other post or thread for that matter). It was called 'statistics' I believe. Maybe that should return to the new webbie as it was most useful when one was looking for answers to queries posted. Otherwise, good show!

I agree with Irie...I also find myself logging off of the new message board a lot sooner than I did before.... I miss the "new posts" option and how the font color changed after you read something.

We like! The new look works for us. It is a nice "fresh" makeover in line with the Couples brand and style.

Thanks Beergirl, switched to the VB4 and I like it much better. Also this may have been answered before but I was wondering what is the difference between the Junior and Senior Member? I never noticed that before. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E2AV8tor View Post
    One of the things still missing in the description of the available rooms is a floor plan. This used to be available on the site a few years ago. When you use the panning feature, for example when looking at the Penthouse Suite, there does not appear to be any way to look at the bedroom or the bathroom - only the living room. One of our questions was - does the bathroom have a single basin or double basin? As we recall from a previous stay, there actually is a half bath in the Penthouse Suite, but none of this is described or shown in the pan. With regard to the message board, there does not seem to be an easy way to determine when the post orgininated, but only when the last post was made against the original.

Overall, the site is OK, but you should consider using a human factors company to review the site for usability issues - there are some. This would be worth the investment.

I remember seeing two 360 views for some of the rooms like the Penthouse and One Bedroom Ocean Suite. When we were trying to decide on a room for our first trip to CSS I looked for those but they were gone. It would be nice to be able to see the bedroom too. I think the reason they might not have the floor plans is that many of the rooms within some of those categories are not the same. I believe there are many layouts for a lot of the rooms at CSS for example.
    Last edited by melody; April 30th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.

What is a member, junior member or senior member? Glad you added the new post tab. See you soon 114 days till CSA!

Default Pre check in?

The new site looks lovely. Great job!
    However, I can't figure out how to pre check in. I can log into Romance Rewards, but I don't see the pre check in option. Help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_N_Dayna View Post
    if you click on the default view at the bottom of the message board rather that the " Couples Blue" version it makes it much easier to read like the previous message board was.
    Yes, this is much better!

We love the new website! Beautiful! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    We're very pleased - and relieved! - that the new website is FINALLY here. Tell us what you think...
    It's ok but I really prefer the old pricing format. It was much easier to view all the rates for all the rooms on a single page. You now have to revert to paper and pencil to write down the rates for each room type to compare pricing.

I am finding the new site to be extemely slow to navigate compared to the old site. Am I the only one having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by momof2 View Post
    What is a member, junior member or senior member? Glad you added the new post tab. See you soon 114 days till CSA!
    This is an arbitrary title that is determined by the number of posts a user has made. It is only visible using the VB4 Default skin/theme. This caused a lot of confusion among users when Couples upgraded the message board to the vBulletin software in 2009 and was hence removed from the skin.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I'm not terribly pleased that I have to re-logon each time I visit. Never had to on the old site.
    Kind of annoying, but otherwise the new site is ok.

Default New website

Very modern and user friendly. Well done

One thing I noticed about logging in... if you are not logged in and want to reply to a thread when the page asks you to log in and you put all your info in then it says redirecting and brings you right back to the log in. After doing this 3 times, I logged in by entering my information at the top of the message board. Maybe a small bug that needs to be looked at!

I love all the new pictures but I do wish there were more pictures in the wedding section, showcasing the cakes, flowers etc that are options.
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Don't like it at all. Yesterday I used up my 5 tries trying to log in. Today it only took me 3 tries.
    Not an improvement in my opinion.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Unless I'm missing it, I'm not finding the pictures, options and costs of upgrades for weddings/vow renewals...the other site had pics of bouquets, cakes, etc..and the cost for these extras...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Don't like it at all. Yesterday I used up my 5 tries trying to log in. Today it only took me 3 tries.
    Not an improvement in my opinion.
    This is not a fault of VBulletin, but I have tips if you continue to have PW issues.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast