55 25.35%
  • I'm not crazy about it.

25 11.52%
  • I don't like it at all.

4 1.84%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default So what do you think of the New Website

We're very pleased - and relieved! - that the new website is FINALLY here. Tell us what you think...
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; April 25th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.

Couples Resorts

Default New Website

I think the new site is great. The one thing I don't like is the message board. I wish there was some separation between each thread. They all look like they run together. The old message board had them separated by lines running between each different thread and that was much easier to read.

I LOVE that there are facts about Jamaica (temperature, time zone, climate, etc), as well as information specific to Couples (dinners and attires at each restaurant, etc)! I was reading through the website as we were waiting for the bus to take us back to Montego Bay, and it made me not want to go home (well, that and just being at Couples)!
    Well done!!

Love it. Makes me "homesick".
    Karin

A little separation between the threads and a "new posts" tab or button would be the only things I would like to see added. Beyond that both the MB and the new Website itself are both stunning and easily navigated!! As with all things Couples, it was well done.

I like it, thank you...anxious to get back "home" again...! C & R

I don't like the picture of the couple in their swimsuits that is now on the message board. Now my boss can see too clearly that I am not doing work related activities if I am on the MB while at the office.

Don't like the look of the message board at all.

Fills our screen with memories and the pictures reminds us of our trip to CSS last December while they were being taken. Looking forward to November 2011 & November 2012.

Better than you describe it would be Randy!

Chuck & Betty

Where is the information about Romance Rewards.

Romance Rewards link is in the footer at the bottom of every page.

Couples Resorts

In general the new site looks good. I love the pictures although I wish there were more of them.
    There are some things that need to be fixed to make this site user friendly:
    First, login took me too many tries to count and several times of shutting down the web to get in. This is not acceptable.
    When there are multiple pages like the photo contest and long threads, you must scroll to the bottom of the page to be able to go to the other pages. The old board let you do it from the top and sometimes you just want to read the latest ones, to scroll down takes way too long.
    As others posted, the message board is hard to read. I too find I don't spend as much time on the message board before I leave it.
    I wanted to check on the new rewards. It took me some time to find the romance rewards. Why are they not available from a pulldown at the top like before. Some choices like this are not easy to find.
    So much for my 2 cents worth.

I love that the pictures work on my iPad! Thanks Randy.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I love the new site, great job.

The new website is beautiful. I did prefer the old site's pricing page that showed a big chart will all the room categories and date ranges in one place. Unless I'm navigating incorrectly, it looks like I'd have to drop in various dates and various room categories into the booking form to compare pricing. I really liked being able to see all that in one place and know at a glance that if we chose a garden view room from July 2 - 9 it would cost X per night but if we booked a beachfront room from Aug 9 - Aug 16 it would cost Y per night.

Otherwise, I'm a happy camper! Great revamp!

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    I don't like the picture of the couple in their swimsuits that is now on the message board. Now my boss can see too clearly that I am not doing work related activities if I am on the MB while at the office.
    Switch to the vb4Default view! ;-)
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I switched to the bv4 view, and I like it a lot better.

Beergirl

Randy, maybe I am not navigating properly around the rates icon. I am looking for the spreadsheet that was on the old site that listed all the dates and the seperate rates per night with all the room categories for the whole year. We just booked for next year at CSS the day before the site changed. We are trying to get another couple to come with us but I cant find all the different option/costs for the whole year on one page without going individually to the booking area.

Please help!!! Thanks
    cs

WOW!! Just got back from CN last night and logged on this morning when I got to work (I miss CN already and needed a fix). The new site looks great!!

All you need now is the sound of the tree frogs with the 360 views and it REALLY feel like being there!!!
    Love the new site!! You've outdone yourself!

Here is the correct link to the ""New Posts"

http://www.couples.com/mb/search.php?do=getnew
    Last edited by Jeffmon; April 26th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Well, I agree with those that have said that the message board section is not as user friendly. I used to be on the boards constantly and now find myself leaving a lot sooner than I used to. It's not as easy or as interesting to read anymore. I'm just frustrated over it now. I know progress is inevitable but this board seems too boring now. The rest of the site is nice and pretty easy to navigate but the message board needs work. And what happened to the pictures of staff that were on here? I liked seeing them. How do you get into the photo winners section?

Quote Originally Posted by Irie at CN View Post
    How do you get into the photo winners section?
    http://www.couples.com/mb/photo-contest/index.php
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I agree with Irie...I also find myself logging off of the new message board a lot sooner than I did before.... I miss the "new posts" option and how the font color changed after you read something.

Default New Website

Love it. Very nice looking

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast