Default Couples Negril vs CSS

Hey all!
    A group of 3 couples are headed to Jamaica for an annual friends trip (all in our 30's). All couples have been to Jamaica before. Last time I went my husband and I stayed at Sandals. We think for the price Couples will offer more. We are laid back, looking for a great beach and good food. Trying to decide between the two couples resorts in negril. Any pros or cons for either resorts?

Many thanks!!

Opps I meant CSA not CSS..

There are quite a few threads on this subject. You can access them using the search feature.

You will find avid supporters for all four Couples resorts, no way we can choose a resort for you based on the information you gave. Visit the web pages for the two resorts you are considering and see if something about one or the other appeals most to your group...the rooms, the beach, the restaurants, the look of the place. It's the only way to do it. If you come up with specific questions about one or the other we can answer them but both have a great beach and great food and you can easily be laid back at either resort so...

http://www.couples.com/negril/index.php

http://www.couples.com/swept-away/index.php

The main differences we found between the two was how spread out CSA is and how compact CN is.
    We prefer CN, but love to walk the long leisurely walks on the beach at CSA. The beach at CSA is 5 miles long and located on Long Bay which is part of 7 Mile Beach. CN's beach is 2 miles long and located on Bloody Bay which is also a part of 7 Mile Beach. On Long Bay there are several restaurants and bars. On Bloody Bay it is mainly hotels.

CSA does have more restaurant options, but the options at CN are fine and do not get boring even for a 14 day stay.

CN has an AN beach which we enjoy.

Both have a swim-up bar, but CN's can't be beat. The pool is huge!

It has been argued that the rooms at CSA are more romantic, but we love the eclectic feel of CN and the rooms are great for us.

Those are the main things that we found. I guess we really lean more toward CN because of the AN option.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Both are our favorites. We flip a coin...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    CN has an AN beach which we enjoy.
    What's the AN beach all about ? Just naked couples sitting on chairs looking at the water ? All super hot 20 somethings I'm assuming ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnArbor_707 View Post
    What's the AN beach all about ? Just naked couples sitting on chairs looking at the water ? All super hot 20 somethings I'm assuming ?
    Definitely not just super hot 20 somethings.... It is a small private area of the resort that you can take advantage of if you want or leave it if it's not your thing. If it's something you are considering experiencing it would be a nice option since the whole resort isn't AN. It's set up very tastefully.

My wife and I are in our early 30's, we were married at CSA in 07. We brought 4 other couples with us all in our age range, all of uus said it was the best trip we had ever taken. We really enjoyed CSA because of the more tropical feel vs. the more compact hotel feel. We enjoyed walking around the grounds and taking all of the atmosphere in. We were no into the whole AN thing so that was no big deal for us. The nightlife really depended on who is there at the time but we always had a great time in the piano bar and disco lounge, also drinks in the martini bar are some of the best we found, we stopped in there every night before dinner and meet up with everyone for cocktails, the employees joined in on the fun making each night very entertaining. They also always had live entertainment at the Palms and margaritaville is only a 3 minutes walk up the beach as well, so it really gave us lots of options. We also like that the resort is spread out enough that if we wanted to be away from everyone that was easy too. The views from the rooms at each resort is not even close, the BFVS suite at CSA is really that, they are maybe 30 feet from the water, and the verandahs are huge and very confortable.

The food and activites at both resorts is really the same quality, So it really is just a matter of what is important to you and what you want out of this trip. Both resorts are great and there is no way you cango wrong choosing either one. We just prefer CSA due to the overall feel of the resort, we feel like we really are in our own tropical hut in the jungle when we are there vs. staying at a resort or hotel type feel.

Everyone on this site has debated this topic for years now, the truth is there is no way you can go wrong with this decision. You can do a search and probably find 50 or 60 other posts that ask the very same question to try and help you decide. We cannot wait til Oct. to be back at CSA !!!!!!!

Hope this helped you alittl eand if you have any other questions, fire away, everyone on this board is ready to help because we have all been there and know what the feeling is like...

The AN beach is just like any other beach, but you are naked. Plus the group is very friendly. Greatest people you will ever meet.

Funny thing, is that most of the great bodies are on the textile side and those that aren't Ken and Barbie tend be on the AN side. It also seems to be an older crowd in their 40's and above, although we have been on the beach when there were a one or two couples in the 20's.

It is a great place. If you have never tried it before I highly recommend it.

Hop on over to the Au Naturel thread and check it out.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks yall!! We decided to flip a coin (seriously we did)CN it is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goodymd View Post
    I am so excited for you! Can you pack me in your luggage please???

When are you going? We will be there late August...

Lol!

Default You will all love it!

Quote Originally Posted by goodymd View Post
    Enjoy every moment. CN is a tropical Oasis. I have travelled to all four Couples Resorts and all though I LOVE CSA and would return it a heart beat, it comes it at number 4 for me on my favourite list - I do realize however that this makes me part of a big Couples Minority. Ha Ha. I loved CN for many reasons but most of all it allowed for a perfect combination of Beach Time/Pool time. Many would ask 'why go to Negril and spend time at a pool?' but I like to change up the scenary a little and just can't spend all day on the beach. The beach, although smaller, is just as beautiful as CSA and the pool is fun and relaxing. Definately take advantage of the Trading Spaces program and go check our CSA for the day. It is a beautiful property and makes for a great day! Have fun
    Kris