Default Couples shuttle or private car to get to resort

How is the couples shuttle service to Negril from the airport? I am also not a fan of the stopping 1/2 way to the resort. How long of a stop do they make? When when we still going to the "S" for this next trip we were going to get a private car to take us there. They seem to always rush you to the shuttle just to sit there for anywhere between half an hour to an hour. I like to get to the resort ASAP to start enjoying my beach time. If we do utilize private transaportation do we check in at the lounge and can we still stop and grab a Red Stripe for the road?
    Thanks for all you help.

I also like to get going right away and do not like to stop enroute. We either fly or go private. For us, it's worth it.

The Couples shuttle is fabulous. After you've done the immigration/customs requirements make your way to the Couples lounge, right outside the door someone will be waiting to take your bags from you...no worries, they watch them and they'll be safe. Go inside and check-in at the desk, this isn't resort check-in it's just to let them know who you are, that you have arrived and which resort you are going to. The bar is at the back of the lounge and restrooms along the wall on your left if facing the bar. I once read someone waited about 30 minutes but that seems very unusual, it's more like 15 minutes or so...about right to grab a drink and use the restroom and your shuttle is ready. Basically they are just waiting for all the guests who have arrived on your flight or one about the same time to get through immigration/customs and make it to the lounge. I wasn't crazy about stopping either, just wanted to get there but it was ok. The stop is long enough for folks to use the restroom. The driver will ask if everyone wants to stop, any "yes" answers and they stop. We did not sit on the shuttle for any length of time, they loaded the luggage and we were off. We have stayed at another resort and experienced what you refer to and it is frustrating as you just want to get moving but it didn't happen on our Couples trip.

If you decide to use private transportation you do not check-in at the lounge, the only purpose of the lounge is a place to gather for the shuttle. Do let your Couples resort know you aren't using the shuttle so they don't wait for you to arrive at the lounge as this will delay the others from leaving.

Hi,

We just returned . We took the shuttle to the resort and Timair from Couple to MBJ. We will not take the shuttle again!!We will adjust out schedule to use Timair round trip next year. We had to wait on the smokers and drinkers to board and then make a smoke/drink stop. They requsted a 2nd stopped but was overruled. I am like you and want to get to the beach.

May be luck of the draw I guess. In all our trips (7 or 8) we have never made a stop on the way. The driver usually asks and me being me usually speaks up first to say no lets just get to the resort - seems to work since we have never made a stop.

Amy

We love couples and have been a few times. The shuttle from the airport is simply part of the fun. It's a great look at the county side, and the last time we went to Couples we were an hour wait to get our room anyway, even after the hour and a half ride. What's the hurry ? Enjoy the ride and the company of those in the bus with you. Meet some folks, relax and enjoy !

Fly......international airlink our timair
    Erika & Sean

Not taking the provided shuttle is a waste of money, if you have it to waste, go ahead.

Wow in these tough economic times it seems there are a lot of people who can afford to spend additional money on private cars and planes when free van service is provided. More power to ya! We have been to CTI and CSA and yes the van isn't the swiftest way to get there but it isn't bad either. On our trip back from CSA the last time we had a driver that liked to talk and we learned alot about Jamaica. We've stopped for a bathroom/beer break on the way out but never on the way back to MB.

Our driver asked if we wanted drive non-stop or take a pit stop. Everyone wanted to keep going, so he did so.

Just returned from our 6th visit to CSA. We enjoy the shuttle from Mobay to the resort. Last year we met a great couple on the bus who returned to Couples with us this year. And it's the luck of the draw regarding timing. We de-planed and were walking to Customs and Immigration at 11:13 am. We boarded the bus at 11:39 am. No lines and barely time for a restroom break and a Red Stripe. No stop along the way this time either. All 4 couples just wanted to get to the resort.

after we cleared immigration, customs and got the lounge we had just enough time to grab a cold beer, use the head and then we were on the bus heading to css, 90 minutes later we had a nice glass of champaign and were checked in

Quote Originally Posted by steveg52 View Post
    Wow in these tough economic times it seems there are a lot of people who can afford to spend additional money on private cars and planes when free van service is provided. More power to ya! We have been to CTI and CSA and yes the van isn't the swiftest way to get there but it isn't bad either. On our trip back from CSA the last time we had a driver that liked to talk and we learned alot about Jamaica. We've stopped for a bathroom/beer break on the way out but never on the way back to MB.
    Everyone is different. The flight is an adventure and we prefer to spend our money there than on excursions, etc. We fly one way and take the shuttle back most of the time.

It is not a "waste" for us as ORV comments above but a part of the trip we look forward to.

We always take the shutlle and have enjoyed every trip..Sometimes we stop going in the "welcome home shuttle" but seldom stop on the "good bye shuttle"...We would like to fly too but we just enjoy the free shuttles so much.

Hugs from 10 0 c