Thread: csa rooms

Default csa rooms

hi all. planning a trip to csa and wanted to know if there are any plans on updating the rooms. i have read some reviews how great the resort is with the exception of the rooms being a little dated. also, does anyone know if csa plans on putting tv's in all the rooms. i know the beach front suites and the atrium suites don't have tv's

They up date the rooms/resort all the time. Last year they add mini bars to the atrium suites ; and I didnít think they could get any better. If your meaning of updating means the wow factor like you would see in Vegas I hope they never do.

I've been to CSA twice in the past 4 years and as far as I know, all rooms have TV's. I have to be honest- in the ten nights there, I've never turned the TV on once. The evening entertainment is too good to be sitting around watching TV. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by lance86 View Post
    I've been to CSA twice in the past 4 years and as far as I know, all rooms have TV's. I have to be honest- in the ten nights there, I've never turned the TV on once. The evening entertainment is too good to be sitting around watching TV. Enjoy!

BFS's and Atriums do not have TV's.

I think the reviews regarding dated rooms are people expecting a luxurious room. These rooms more of a Caribbean bungalow feel so don't expect the marble, etc or the WOW factor as stated before but they are nice, spacious and clean. The Atrium nor the Beachfront suites have TVs and I hope they never do as I LOVE these categories as they are!

I don't think the atrium rooms or beachfront rooms have TVs. I think only the rooms with the word "verandah" in them are updated and have TV. We've only been to CSA twice, but we've never missed television. The only TV we did watch was at the fitness center and that was during the 08 Olympics. It was great watching Jamaica rack up the track medals!

On my way back to CSA to stay again in a Beachfront Suite with no TV. Thank goodness there are not any there! The windows have wooden louvers and screens but no glass to allow the sounds of Jamaica and the surf lull you to sleep. Having a couple next door playing the TV into the night would ruin the whole experience. There are plenty of rooms with glass windows and TVs available so if that is your thing on vacation you will have no problem in one of those. I do not go to such a great beachfront resort in a Caribbean paradise to watch TV nor to hear anyone else's programing choices. I leave all that home. You're in Jamaica Mon...relax, unwind, unplug, and enjoy!

Thankfully I believe they have said they do not plan on adding tv's to the Atriums or BFS. There are already so many rooms at CSA that are almost the same that DO have them so there is just no need to ruin the ones that don't. They would add glass to the windows to block the sound but that would be so upsetting to many people who LOVE the breeze and open air feel that comes with those screens. I don't know where they would even put a tv in those rooms anyway since the walls in front and behind the bed are all windows.

The rooms are updated. They replaced fixtures and all sort of things. People assume that the lack of ritz and glitz means that it is old, it's not old but rather a different style. Sometimes people expect the Four Seasons or something and that is just not what they intended CSA to be. It's a much more laid back islandy feel.

I think they have the WOW factor already.....

As far as the rooms go, I went knowing the rooms would not be the glitz and glam and was still disappointed. Basically the photos of the rooms don't show the real wear and tear of these rooms. Our bathroom was badly in need of updating. We are not picky travellers either, considering how much this resort costs I would expect the rooms and bathroom to be updated. This was our experience and maybe there are other rooms that have experience a bit of a face lift.........but ours was not one of them.

The atrium and beachfront suites do not have TVs. It has been stated repeatedly on the MB that there are no plans to add TVs to all of the rooms. We've been to CSA 5 times = 4 in the beachfront verandah suite rooms and once in the Greathouse Jacuzzi Suite. As others have said, the rooms are not fancy. I think you are paying for the marvelous location on 7 mile beach. Even the least expensive rooms are a quick walk to the beach. The BFS and BFVS rooms are simply steps to the beach. However, I do think the use of the term "suite" is a bit misleading to many U.S. customers. That term typically means a separate living area, along with perhaps a large bathroom. I think they use the word suite because the verandah is almost like a separate room - it is large with a table and chairs, ceiling fan and lights. As long as you keep in mind that you paying primarily for the location, and that the rooms are clean and charming (I think), you should be OK.

Wow Robyn so sorry to hear about your experience. We were in an Ocean Verandah Suite in the newer section back in 2008 and thought the rooms were very nice. We did spend the first night in a Garden Suite on the original side of the resort and did feel that it showed some wear but nothing to compain about. You were probably on the original side of the resort as well. My advice to anyone is that if you're not into the rustic appeal of the rooms in smaller buildings, then get a room in the Greathouse on the newer side. We loved the condo feel of the Ocean Verandah Suites and have a Garden Verandah Suite booked for this December.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn:) View Post
    As far as the rooms go, I went knowing the rooms would not be the glitz and glam and was still disappointed. Basically the photos of the rooms don't show the real wear and tear of these rooms. Our bathroom was badly in need of updating. We are not picky travellers either, considering how much this resort costs I would expect the rooms and bathroom to be updated. This was our experience and maybe there are other rooms that have experience a bit of a face lift.........but ours was not one of them.
    Just wondering which type of room you had and when you traveled. We have been in a bunch of Atriums and BFS and they had all been updated and looked exactly like the photos. I was under the impression that all the rooms had been updated recently but maybe you were in one that was just about to be updated? If I remember correctly the older Garden Suites were the last to be updated but they all have been now. That's too bad that you guys were disappointed, hopefully the rest of the trip was good!
    Last edited by melody; May 2nd, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

When we went we stayed in the Ocean Verandah rooms, we were right next to the Great House. The rooms didn't by any means ruin our vacation we still had a great time, can't beat that beach! I wished we could have booked the Ocean front rooms as I think the view would have made the rooms seem a bit more special. They were all booked so we went with the OVS. If we ever do go again that would be the room we would book.