Default Still haven't started packing

Can't believe the vacation is right around the corner. But I still haven't started to pack. I need to get started tonight. I have to force myself to pack lightly. I always overpack. I know this has been asked a thousand times, so please forgive me for asking again. At night , for women, capris, or shorts are okay and for men, shorts? Staying at CN. I know one of the restaurants require long pants for men. 4 more sleeps!

Yes you are OK to wear shorts or Capris in the evenings everywhere but Othaheite. Some like to dress up more, some more casual, but shorts for him and capris for you are fine. Have fun. Can't wait to get back in November.

I can't believe you haven't started to pack yet, I packed and repacked twice now. We plan on only bringing one checked luggage between the 2 of us and it's weighing in at 46 Pounds, and the limit is 50. I can't flipping wait to see that beach and drink a dirty banana, 5 more sleep for me!! Couples Negril here we come!!

yes definitely capris are fine for you but also consider that you might get a tad warm "down below" that a skirt or dress would allow more airflow.

I started last night and I am so excited, only 2-1/2 more sleeps. I decided I am not counting Friday night, since we have to leave our home at 2:30 am. I'll sleep on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyG View Post
    I can't believe you haven't started to pack yet, I packed and repacked twice now. We plan on only bringing one checked luggage between the 2 of us and it's weighing in at 46 Pounds, and the limit is 50. I can't flipping wait to see that beach and drink a dirty banana, 5 more sleep for me!! Couples Negril here we come!!
    Don't forget that if you plan on buying anything while in Jamaica you will need to allow weight in the luggage for that on the way home...the luggage will be weighed again when checking in for departure from Montego Bay. Ours was pretty close to the limit too and I wanted to bring back some shells I had picked up on the beach, I traded out bottles of shampoo, shower gel, left the toothpaste, etc so I was sure my free shells didn't cost me a fortune at the airport. This was NOT our first trip, I KNOW better and yet I overpacked...not sure what I did this year. You might want to stick a duffle bag or something collapsable in your suitcase that you can shift some clothes into to use as a second checked bag on the way home if needed.

First timer, leaving this Sunday, May 1. Wife's making me paranoid about having enough shirts, shorts, underwear, socks, etc. She's got me thinking I'm going to have to change clothes at least three times a day. I don't want to be the ugly (or stinky) American, but I thought the idea of getting away was to hang loose and relax. Oh well. The stress will disappear when I'm sippin' that first drink and enjoying the sun and sand.

Quote Originally Posted by DebandGreg View Post
    First timer, leaving this Sunday, May 1. Wife's making me paranoid about having enough shirts, shorts, underwear, socks, etc. She's got me thinking I'm going to have to change clothes at least three times a day. I don't want to be the ugly (or stinky) American, but I thought the idea of getting away was to hang loose and relax. Oh well. The stress will disappear when I'm sippin' that first drink and enjoying the sun and sand.
    If she thinks you don't have enough you probably have too much...most people over pack rather than under pack. I'm with you...the purpose of the trip is to relax and NOT live like you do at home. Remember, you'll be in your swim suit all day and only in your regular clothes for a couple hours in the evening. It's easy to wear things more than once. The most you need is one pair of shorts and one shirt per day but my husband never takes that many. For an eight day trip he takes three or four pair of shorts and the same number of shirts and wears them all twice. If you want to do Feathers or Lemongrass don't forget a pair of pants, no shorts allowed there.