Thread: Old posts

Hybrid View

Default Old posts

Is it possible to go back and find older posts by someone made prior to the current board switch over.

There is an "archive" link at the bottom of the page:

http://www.couples.com/mb/archive/index.php

Nevermind - reading your post more carefully I'm guessing the intent is to search by name and get older posts.

The current search is rather flaky - we should probably comply with Randymon's request today for patience.

Do you know what the topic was? I've searched for a couple things and found them pretty readily...it wasn't by name but by topic. All the threads SEEM to be here so you could give it a try if you remember what the post or thread was about.

If you can find a post the person has done and then click on their name, one of the options is to view forum posts.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I would also like to know how to search for all of my previous posts. In the past, I would click on Advanced Search at the top of the page and then enter my screen name to view all. Is this still available? If so, can someone walk me thru this? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by warmweatherfriend View Post
    I would also like to know how to search for all of my previous posts. In the past, I would click on Advanced Search at the top of the page and then enter my screen name to view all. Is this still available? If so, can someone walk me thru this? Thanks in advance!
    The "search" link near the upper right of each page gives functionality similar to the Advanced Search.
    http://www.couples.com/mb/search.php

However, the "flaky" comment of my prior post is because the "Search Multiple Content Types" option gives results that differ by user searched (some will return no posts, some return a few, and some will return all of the posts by that user since the MB upgrade).
    I get better results by clicking the user name and "View Forum Posts", though that still will not return any posts from prior to the upgrade. "Search Single Content Type" (from the aforementioned search link) appears to give similar results.

I'm guessing they haven't indexed the old threads.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Rudi...I was looking around and found that if I go into my profile, and look for my screen name at the far left hand side, there are two options: Find all posts and Find all started threads. I clicked on "Find all Posts". However, when I did this, I was only able to see the last 6 posts and it stated 1 of 6 posts. I know that I've posted way more than that so.....where are they? I will keep "playing" with the new website to get acclimated but I hope that all of the bugs get worked out and that it ends up being very close to the good 'ole days...just sayin'...the new pics are lovely though...

Quote Originally Posted by warmweatherfriend View Post
    ... I clicked on "Find all Posts". However, when I did this, I was only able to see the last 6 posts and it stated 1 of 6 posts. I know that I've posted way more than that so.....where are they?
    Rudi...each time I attempt to find my past postings on the search link, I get the following message:

Sorry no matches - please try some different terms.
    There are 2 issues.
    1 - It seems no posts from before the upgrade have been indexed yet. By this I mean the older posts still exist on the new MB but they are not in the data that the MB search engine uses. And I write "yet", but maybe they never will be. This is why you are only seeing 6 posts - you've had 6 since the upgrade.

2 - The mechanism of search on the "search" tab is a bit flaky - or I misunderstand the intent.
    This is somewhat of a non-issue b/c the most meaningful results are the same as the results obtained via the "view forum posts" link from clicking your username (which you've already discovered). But, for attempted clarity, I'll describe how I can get the same results by using the "search" tab.

Here are the steps and corresponding web URL's for searching your posts:
    =================================
    "Search" button on upper right
    >>>http://www.couples.com/mb/search.php
    "Search Single Content Type" tab (as opposed to "Search Multiple Content Types")
    >>>http://www.couples.com/mb/search.php?search_type=1
    (leave the drop down for "Search Type" on the default "posts")
    Enter "warmweatherfriend" in user name (it should auto-match after a few characters entered)

Click "search now"
    >>>http://www.couples.com/mb/search.php?searchid=5916
    (the search ID , 5916, is just some counter the software increments - yours will be different)
    ==================================
    This gives the same 6 posts that you've seen for your username.

A bit of a side note that may be useful to you. I'm not positive but I believe using the "Search Multiple Content Types" and leaving "posts" and "forums" both checked (or just "posts" checked for that matter) will return only threads created by that user.

KrisJamie should come along and explain all this to us.

If you click on Spike's name and than click on view forum posts it only shows the post from this thread no previous posts from the old website.

Rudi...each time I attempt to find my past postings on the search link, I get the following message:

Sorry no matches - please try some different terms.