Thread: Warning...

Default Warning...

I am getting married in April 2010 and my parents are paying for our trip as our wedding present. In order for their credit card to be used to pay for our trip they had fax front and back of their credit card and a photo ID. they said it was not clear enough the first time and it took 3 faxes until they would except it. My mom does not have a fax machine in her house so she had to run out twice to send these faxes. I am very dissapointed that they gave her such a hard time because she was just trying to do something nice for us. Also this is a dangerous thing to do since faxes could get lost or sent to the wrong phone number and then they have all your info to book anything they want to. So beware if someone else will be paying for your trip I would just have them write you a check or give you the money and they you use your own credit card to book the trip. I really hope I will not have any other future problems with couples.

Or just use a travel agent in the states and then you don't have this issue at all. Anyone can pay your reservation.

They gave her a "hard time" because there is SO much credit card fraud these days....she should be happy that they go to these lengths to ensure that her use of the card is valid.

A Travel Agent would have taken care of this all very easily.

Booking online would have avoided the heartache as well.

Always use a travel agent!!!

Also, some local credit unions have no foreign transaction fees. After seeing these posts on here, I checked our card when we made our reservation and we were not charged. Many times there is a local "communiy" credit union not tied to some sort of manufacturing and you might be able to get a good deal through that.

This is actually a fairly common practice and when you think of it a pretty good one. Yes there is the risk that you could dial the wrong number so you must be careful. But the benefit is great, imagine you book a vacation but use a stolen credit card, how is the resort to know that it is truly your card? I have had to do this in the past when using a travel agent as well. The best way to avoid this is to book online or with a local travel agent.

I paid for my sister and brother-in-law to join us at CTI for 2 weeks next year and booked online directly with Couples. There were no problems.

As the card was in my name, I put myself on both bookings.........hee hee hee hee that means I have 2 rooms (no maybe not!) and just emailed the change of occupant to my sister's name. Couples were happy to accept a scanned copy of my card.

No problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Always use a travel agent!!!
    Amen!!A good one!!!
    -Otter,

Quote Originally Posted by aerotd View Post
    Or just use a travel agent in the states and then you don't have this issue at all. Anyone can pay your reservation.

BINGO - That's the key a good travel agent and you won't have to deal with any of that and NO foreign transaction fees on your credit card either!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club