Default Parasailing @ CTI???

I've seen other posting about parasailing at other resorts. Has anyone seen them offered at CTI?

Default Parasailing

I have not seen parasailing at CTI or CSS. The beaches there are very private, so I doubt any outside vendor would invest their time. Other resorts we have been too have been lined up along the beach so there were more patrons to attract. Those beaches were also very noisy and reeked of gasoline. The beaches at CTI and CSS are very quiet, without vendors (except shell guy), constant noisy jet-skis, or people from outside the resort.

There is also the issue of the reef, but they could probably run outside of it.

Never have been to Couples and not going until 12/02/12 so cant really answer this quesion but the beach looks so little and secluded that I dont see how it can be. we are staying at CTI and then going over to CSA and then CN and I had thought that we would parasail in both Ocho Rios and Negril but the more I look into it, I just cant see how you could parasail at CTI. Maybe someone who really knows will let us know!

I have not seen it at CTI, but the tour desk can book it for you.
    Irie Mon

There's no parasailing off the beach at CTI (or CSS) but you can book a parasailing package at the tour desk that takes place in Ocho Rios.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I have seen someone go over TI once in four trips. The excursions are booked through the tour desk and go out of Ocho Rios. That is one of the reasons I love the beach at CTI--it's not noisy with boats and jet skis, very peaceful.
    Vicky

Default Parasailing at CSS

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    There's no parasailing off the beach at CTI (or CSS) but you can book a parasailing package at the tour desk that takes place in Ocho Rios.
    hey Amy!
    Do you have any knowledge of a good company to do the parasaiing with? We would love to go this time when we go to CSS in Nov 2011. We have seen a company online but would like to have some other information from someone who has done the parasailing. If you have a company name or cost that would be great. Thanks. B

Quote Originally Posted by PacificNWCpl View Post
    hey Amy!
    Do you have any knowledge of a good company to do the parasaiing with? We would love to go this time when we go to CSS in Nov 2011. We have seen a company online but would like to have some other information from someone who has done the parasailing. If you have a company name or cost that would be great. Thanks. B
    Per MB rules, we are not allowed to give out tour operators names as it is a liability for Couples.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by PacificNWCpl View Post
    hey Amy!
    Hey B! While I can't post names of tour operators (see comment below), I can tell you that the price is around $50 for a single and $110 for a tandem. Just book with the tour desk in the lobby of the hotel. They will hook you up with a proper company. I'd also wait until you arrive to book (versus online) because you won't know the daily/weekly resort schedule until then. You'd hate to book ahead and miss something fun at the resort!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Hey B! While I can't post names of tour operators (see comment below), I can tell you that the price is around $50 for a single and $110 for a tandem. Just book with the tour desk in the lobby of the hotel. They will hook you up with a proper company. I'd also wait until you arrive to book (versus online) because you won't know the daily/weekly resort schedule until then. You'd hate to book ahead and miss something fun at the resort!
    Have you actually done the parasailing Amy? The price is the same I found. It looks like a good company but I was hoping someone had actually done it and would say It was great and totally worth it....lol We will wait until we are there to book. I have always wanted to do it and thought what better place than Jamaica. Anyways, thanks for your reply.
    B

I am not Amy and I haven't parasailed at CTI, but did in Negril, many, many, many--okay a long time ago. It was amazing and I highly recommend it.
    Vicky