Default Bringing your own beach umbrella - CSA

Hi everyone, my fiancee and I are excited about our trip to CSA in June for our honeymoon; however, we're concerned about the lack of shade at the beach - we both need to be in the shade the majority of the time. I notice that people often comment about how quickly the palapas are saved/taken, so we were thinking about bringing our own beach umbrella (something along these lines: http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-BRE01-075...dp/B002CLQ1Q2/).

First, is this allowed at CSA? Second, have you seen anyone else do this at CSA (or another Couples resort)? And finally, do you think people will be upset since it may block the beach view of anybody sitting right behind us...or is this not a problem given the size of the beach?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

- Brian & Meghan

Not allowed...thank goodness.

There will be plenty of shade from sources other than a palapa, there are palm trees and shade sails. You'll be fine. Leave the umbrella at home, once you see what that gorgeous beach looks like you'll see why there are no umbrella's allowed.

I dont think your allowed to bring a unbrella and we didnt see any last year in June.

I wouln't worry about finding shade there is lots of it from the trees and Couples has put up some sun sails, trust me we found plenty of shade.

Randymon has posted previously that beach umbrellas are not allowed on the beach at Couples.

There are umbrellas around the pools at CSA.

This question has been asked before. Couples asks you do not do this, as to not ruin the asthetics of the lovely beach.
    Lew

They are not allowed at all at any of the Couples resorts for the reasons you mentioned. If you bring one I am sure you will be asked to take it down right away.

Cool umbrella I think you wold be just fine with it. I've never seen anyone with one at any of the Couples resorts but I don't think they would mind.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Thanks for the responses everyone! That all makes perfect sense, and it sounds like finding shade won't be as big of an issue as some of the other threads make it out to be. Thanks again!

- Brian & Meghan

Quote Originally Posted by bfriedla View Post
    Thanks for the responses everyone! That all makes perfect sense, and it sounds like finding shade won't be as big of an issue as some of the other threads make it out to be. Thanks again!

- Brian & Meghan
    Just to be specific, your first post references threads about the palapas being saved/taken quickly and your last about shade not being as big an issue as some threads make it out to be. Palapas ARE a big issue...shade is NOT. People do get up in the wee hours of the morning to save palapas, it's something we fight about here on the message board all the time. It's not condoned, we all think it's stupid and rude...I think you get the point. But people do it and will continue to do it and you very well may not be able to get a palapa. Honestly, I never even tried for one my whole trip at CSA even though a couple mornings when we got up there were some available. There are mature palm trees all over the beach so shade is plentiful. There are also shade sails...google them if you don't know what those are...and you can sit under those if you like. We had a BFVS and they are literally right on the beach and we even spent an afternoon and one whole day just enjoying our verandah so we had shade there. The point is you will have shade but you may not have a palapa, I just don't want you to get visions in your head and be disappointed or come back saying you were told something that didn't happen. You WILL love CSA...I guarantee it!

Really cool! An official response to this would be great.

Couples is definitely not like Hawaii or Rio where b-y-o umbrella is a regular practice. Don't worry, there is plenty of shade at CSA any time of the day! The foliage along the beach is beautiful and provides ample shade.

Quote Originally Posted by spingirl View Post
    Really cool! An official response to this would be great.
    There was an old post with an "official response" from Randy and the official response was no umbrella. I tried to locate it through the search, but could not. Maybe when the updates are complete and I can find the archives again, I will be able to provide a link.
    Last edited by Vickyj; April 30th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
    Vicky

I wish you had not posted this. Now I had to go and buy one of these for trips to Florida. They look really nice so I hope they are worth the cost. I ended up getting one of the larger ones. Even got it in Camo in case I want to use it for hunting!!!!