Default Pictures during ceremony

We are getting married on Oct 3, 2011. One other couple is going with us, so my dilema is pictures of the ceremony! I don't want to pay extra for a photographer, the other couple will take photos before and after. But since they are both standing with us as a maid of honor and best man, I am not sure what to do about pictures during the ceremony. Any suggestions? Has anyone run into this problem and how did you resolve it?

We are going with the resort photographer. They were running a special and we booked them for 50 pictures with a 12x12 album for $450. We also have 2 people coming with us but will also be in the ceremony. If you have any resort credits you can use it towards the photographer. Or else see if anyone from the message board/other couples on vacation would be willing to take pictures for you. Good luck!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Quote Originally Posted by beckyanddave View Post
    We are going with the resort photographer. They were running a special and we booked them for 50 pictures with a 12x12 album for $450. We also have 2 people coming with us but will also be in the ceremony. If you have any resort credits you can use it towards the photographer. Or else see if anyone from the message board/other couples on vacation would be willing to take pictures for you. Good luck!
    How did you hear about the special? is there a certain place we should look for it?

I suggest going with the resort photographer. We got 25 photos for about $300. Claudia (ask for her) took 100 photos and we got to choose. We also got the CD to bring home and make more photos and other memorabilia. (I just made a tshirt of the two of us walking on the beach.) You will love sharing them with family and friends who are not there with you. If you want to see my photos let me know and I'll add you as a facebook friend.

@abbi&derrik -- I emailed Debbie and asked her. She said sometimes the specials change too so I plan on emailing her every few months to see what the current special is.
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

why don't you use a tripod?

Does anyone on here have a CSA resort photographer they recommend?

i second Jen's comment! who's the best CSA photog??

I've heard that Ceon is really good! A couple recommended him on the FB page page. He took some awesome photos

It would be awesome to see the difference in the photogs! When do you have to let them know you want to choose a photography package....can you do that when you get there, or do you have to pay in advance for a resort photographer? Can you pay for the resort photographer when you check out at the end of your stay?

@beckyanddave
    I would double check with Debbie about the special. She told me about the same special of 50 pictures with the 12x12 album. However, she also told me this does not include the price of the photographer. You have to either have a resort photographer or outside photographer take the pictures, then you have to send the pictures to create the album. The $450 is just for the album and for them to arrange the pictures in it for you.

@toplopper
    Thanks! I just emailed Debbie to double check! I really don't want the album, just the CD with picture (can make my own album on SnapFish for way cheaper!).
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

@toplopper
    I checked with Debbie and it does include the photographer for one hour.
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012