Thread: Dress Code?

Default Dress Code?

I'm not sure if it's because of the website re-model, but I can't find a description of the dress codes. For various restaurants I've seen "Resort Chic" and "Cocktail Elegant" and I'm not sure what the difference is. I see cocktail elegant further described as "Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted." Does this mean you can wear those items at a "Resort Chic" restaurant? Can a man wear khaki and a button-up collared shirt to a "Cocktail Elegant" restaurant? I'm more concerned with men's dress than women's (I have plenty of dresses that I'm sure will work at either) but my husband doesn't have a lot of formal wear. Any more detailed descriptions of what will or will not work for "Resort Chic" or "Cocktail Elegant" would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    ~Kristen

Hi Kristen,
    I'd love to help with this one but, am just as confused as you are. ;0)
    I remember seeing posts on the old site regarding men's dress code, I'm particularly interested in the stance on men and shoes i.e. closed toe or sandal. It's been nearly 4 years since our last visit to CTI and we are so excited that we only have 15 more days to go before we leave to celebrate my 40th there.
    I'll keep an eye on your post in the hope that one of the wonderful regulars can provide the information.
    Christine

Thanks KrisJamie, had already looked but, it was a bit too vague, ended up doing a search and found what we needed, that and raided my memory from our last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by PandC2007 View Post
    Thanks KrisJamie, had already looked but, it was a bit too vague, ended up doing a search and found what we needed, that and raided my memory from our last visit.
    where did you find what you needed as I have the same questions especially as a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallsunshine View Post
    where did you find what you needed as I have the same questions especially as a newbie.
    For 8 Rivers--Resort Elegant--women mostly wear nice summer dresses and cocktail dresses with nice sandals/shoes. I have seen women in nice capris and tops though. Men must wear collared button shirt, long pants and closed toe shoes no jeans or sneakers. The Veranda and Bayside more relaxed, men can wear shorts, but it is still dressier than the Patio. You will see all types of dress at the Patio (buffet). It's nice that it can be more casual because if people are just arriving, they don't have to worry about getting dressed up. I have seen everything from swimsuit cover ups to cocktail dresses at the Patio for women and board shorts with tanks to nice shorts and shirts for men at the Patio.
    Vicky