Default Glass Bottom Boat Tour & Snorkeling at CSA

We are leaving for CSA on June 11. We will more than likely snorkel everyday. Do you have the opportunity to snorkel on the glass bottom boat tour? Secondly, if we sign up for the same time everyday, does that mean we go to the same place everyday? I know they have several snorkeling spots but wasn't sure if they rotate the times for each spot. Thanks!

The snorkeling and glass bottom boat are different trips and not combined. They have 3 different snorkeling sites at CSA and they will ask people where they have already been before the boat takes off to mix things up and allow you to see other sites. Try to start with Mexico!

No... you do not get to snorkel on the glass bottom boat tour... although that very same boat IS usually used for the snorkel tours. There are basically three reefs that are used for the snorkel tours by all of the resorts along the north end of Seven Mile Beach. This is to protect the reef resource from us. We are rank amateurs compared to the well-trained scuba groups who spend far more time among the reefs of the Carribean.

Believe me, I'm not being fecetious when I say that. The reefs that are selected for exploration by the snorkel tours are shallow... and can be quite beautiful... but they don't compare to the 30-100 foot depth reefs that are explored by the divers. The idea is to expose as small an area to the tourists as possible... and quite correctly so.

So if it seems like you've seen it before, its probably because you have. But relax... the reef, like the beach, is ever changing, ever shifting, and always showing us new things... You only get 1/2 hour to explore, and you can only see so much... so enjoy your snorkel tours, even if you do visit the same reef now and again.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No... you do not get to snorkel on the glass bottom boat tour... although that very same boat IS usually used for the snorkel tours. There are basically three reefs that are used for the snorkel tours by all of the resorts along the north end of Seven Mile Beach. This is to protect the reef resource from us. We are rank amateurs compared to the well-trained scuba groups who spend far more time among the reefs of the Carribean.

Believe me, I'm not being fecetious when I say that. The reefs that are selected for exploration by the snorkel tours are shallow... and can be quite beautiful... but they don't compare to the 30-100 foot depth reefs that are explored by the divers. The idea is to expose as small an area to the tourists as possible... and quite correctly so.

So if it seems like you've seen it before, its probably because you have. But relax... the reef, like the beach, is ever changing, ever shifting, and always showing us new things... You only get 1/2 hour to explore, and you can only see so much... so enjoy your snorkel tours, even if you do visit the same reef now and again.
    Well said.