Default What's your favorite off resort restaurant in Negril?

Hi everyone! My fiance (in one month, husband!) and I are celebrating our honeymoon at CSA at the beginning of June! We're so excited! I'm hoping to get off the resort a couple of days to explore and we're looking for recommendations for a place to have dinner. We'll probably only do this once, so we want it to be great food and good fun! Any advice, recommendations from locals, or Negril regulars would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
    Danielle & Mike
    ----> Honeymooned at CSA June '11!
    --------> Really can't wait to be "home" again!

I don't know what you consider "fun" be we enjoy the views and food at Rockhouse for a romantic dinner. Pushcart is also good. Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star is another very good option. We like the cliffs for the unique ambiance so that is where we generally go for dinner.

At the beach, Cosmo's for a casual seafood dinner is a good option.

The Rockhouse at sunset; don't forget your camera! Call ahead; they will send a driver to pick you up and bring you back. No charge but tipping is extra.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I second Catcha Falling Star on the cliffs - absolutely terrific food and the views are spectacular! We liked it much better than the Rockhouse.

Love Scotchies
    Diane Pollard, President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation
    Email: issatrustfoundation@yahoo.com or dbpollard@mchsi.com

We like to eat at the ltu in negril....great food and the view is gorgeous!!!!!! Rick's Cafe is just down the road!!!!

We have been to both and both are wonderful. The atmosphere are Ivan's is probably a little quieter and therefore more romantic. The food is good at both places but pretty pricey - do be prepared.

Have fun and enjoy your visit to Negril!

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    The Rockhouse at sunset; don't forget your camera! Call ahead; they will send a driver to pick you up and bring you back. No charge but tipping is extra.
    Actually, they pick you up but you are on your own for the ride home. There are always taxi and the ride is about $10.

It say's on Ivan's website (http://www.catchajamaica.com/ivans.htm) that seating is limited to Catcha's guests and their friends...without us being "friends" of guests there, I assume we won't be able to go there.
    Danielle & Mike

Le Vendome Restaurant is a very good restaurant in Negril. Their website is http://www.levendome.com/
    I posted a review of the place here Jamaica Montego Bay Resorts
    Also I like Chicken Lavish Negril Restaurant their site is http://www.chickenlavishnegril.com

Babella~ I'm sure you can dine at Ivans even if your not staying at Catcha. Just call ahead of time. We're going to CSA in June and plan on going to Ivans for either lunch or dinner one day. At the moment its my favorite place on the cliffs,so its a must for us. If your looking for a place on the beach I recommend Kuyaba.. I've stayed at both Catcha and Kuyaba so I"ve had plenty of meals at both and never was disappointed. Nice ambiance too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bebella View Post
    It say's on Ivan's website (http://www.catchajamaica.com/ivans.htm) that seating is limited to Catcha's guests and their friends...without us being "friends" of guests there, I assume we won't be able to go there.
    We are booked for dinner there in 2 weeks are are not staying at the hotel.

Rockhouse is where my wife and I go one evening almost every time we are in Negril. We also like Xtabi a great deal, but the view at Rockhouse can't be beat and the food is very good too.

As mentioned by others, we get picked up for free any pay about $10-15 to get back. Just negotiate the cost back before you get in the cab and don't forget to tip the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    Babella~ I'm sure you can dine at Ivans even if your not staying at Catcha. Just call ahead of time. We're going to CSA in June and plan on going to Ivans for either lunch or dinner one day. At the moment its my favorite place on the cliffs,so its a must for us. If your looking for a place on the beach I recommend Kuyaba.. I've stayed at both Catcha and Kuyaba so I"ve had plenty of meals at both and never was disappointed. Nice ambiance too!
    mshell, thank you! We'll also be at CSA in June (from May 31st to June 7th)...how do you get to Ivans from CSA? Any advice on a good taxi? And where is Kuyaba? Do you take a taxi there as well? Thanks!
    Danielle & Mike

Babella,To get to the cliffs we just grab a taxi that's driving by on the beach road.We make sure it has a red license plate and set a price before we get in($10 or so). But if you don't want to do that I'm sure someone from the lobby would be happy to get a taxi for you,you can usually set up a return ride at the same time.
    As far as whether or not you need a ride to Kuyaba,in the evening for dinner ,I'd say yes since its kinda far.In the day it's a nice beach walk (to the left if your facing the water)You might enjoy taking a walk there one morning and you can see if it's someplace you'd like to go for dinner. And if your interested in doing some duty free or "touristy"stuff shopping,Time Square Shopping Center isn't far from Kuyaba across the beach road. We often walk to Kuyaba, cross thru it to the beach road,head back to CSA stopping along the way at some of the shops and stands along the way. When we get tired we grab a route taxi back to CSA.
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and you picked a perfect place for a honeymoon!