Hybrid View

Default What Restaurant Do They Hold Repeaters Dinner?

I am a bit confused. I read a few months ago that the repeaters dinner was now held at Lychee. I just read on the new web site that it is back at Otaheite. Can anyone clarify this for me? We are looking forward to attending it once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanushappy View Post
    ... I just read on the new web site that it is back at Otaheite....
    I believe they merely haven't updated the website information.

It is held at Lychee now. Friends of ours just returned last week and confirmed this is still the case.

Well let me confuse even more. When we were there in November, it was outside on the patio next to the pool.
    I think it depends on how big the crowd is for that night since you have to let them know ahead of time if you are coming. They usually have a pretty good idea of how many are coming.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by denkim View Post
    Well let me confuse even more. When we were there in November, it was outside on the patio next to the pool.
    I think it depends on how big the crowd is for that night since you have to let them know ahead of time if you are coming. They usually have a pretty good idea of how many are coming.
    Kim
    You may be correct, but that is not what the GM told us in early February of this year.

She said that because of the issue late last year (which brought her much criticism), the dinners would now always be indoors at Lychee. She had just made that change a week or so before our visit.
    In that earlier incident the planned large outdoor dinner was rained out at the last minute and there was no alternative available.

Thanks for the insight. It is very much appreciated!

We were there last week and it was at the Lychee.

We were there in the second week of May 2011 and it was held at the Lychee. The is our second repeater dinner. The first was at the Otaheite.

The service and food was just as good as it was a year ago when it was at the Otaheite.

The GM told the reason they moved it the Lychee was due to the number of people attending the repeaters dinner and not being able to seat everyone in one seating at the Otaheite.

The only downside of the Lychee is that it can be really loud with a room full of people, making it difficult to have a conversation with the people you are sitting across from. But as I said in the bigining of this post, the food and service was OUTSTANDING.