Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: July 2012

At the risk of being blasted out of this thread, I wanted to pose a question. Recently, there have been a few threads on the main board about partying at Couples. It seems that there are two distinct views on the subject. One side, I'll call the Romantics, seems to feel that Couples should be strictly for being with your SO and should be a peaceful relaxing experience. The other side, I'll call the partiers, like to meet up with other couples and have a little louder, for lack of a better word, experience.

I was wondering if anyone in the June group wanted to share which side they are on.

I'm a little bit on the side of the partiers. Hope I don't offend anyone.

Default Partuing

Most people us included are not against people enjoying themselves as long as they remember that there are others on the island who may not wish to be bombarded with loud music and some of the various other slightly less savoury aspects that some of the louder members we have observed over the last 4 visits inflict on quieter islanders.
    We all like to have a drink and a laugh and enjoy the company and sunshine, and as long as the "partiers" respect other people then there is no reason that with sensible behaviour the two sides of "Romantics" as you call us and the "Partiers" cannot co-exist.
    We will say that a couple of years ago on our second visit some "Partiers" were to put it politely disgusting in their behaviour hence our concerns on this.
    Apart from that lets all enjoy the brilliant Island for many years to come.

Karl

We aren't heavy partiers, but enjoy socializing spending a great deal of time talking about our families, work and catching up over the past year, just getting to know each other. Okay and on occasion getting a laugh at someone's expense who maybe is acting like a kid in the candy shop with all the free alcohol flowing. But that doesn't happen often. Last year, the island was much quieter than the swim up pool on the island. We go in for lunch many times and it was loud--not just music, because of a wedding party that was the resort.
    Vicky

Update.............

Nick & Wendy June 28 to July 3 then to CN til the 8th
    Kevin & JJ - TX - June 26 - July 6
    Sheri and Jeff - PA - June 28-July 5
    Michael & Vicky - June 30 to July 7
    Harvey and Jean. June 30 - July 7
    Devan & Amy - June 30 - July 3rd
    Tom and Andrea - July 1-1o
    Chris and Tonya - NC - July 2-9
    Tom & Joanie--July 2-10
    Chris and Barb - July 4 - 11
    Brian and Christine-IA- Jul 6-13
    Ron & Liz - Great Britain July 8 th - 23rd
    Karl & Sue - Great Britain - 10th July - 31st July
    Jim & Darcy, Missouri, July 14 - 21
    Eric & Rachael, Texas - July 21 - 29
    Roger and Holly, Texas - July 23-28
    Beth & Jay, Pa. - July 28 - Aug. 11

4 months, 4 days and really hoping air fares come down.
    Vicky

Just booked our 2nd trip to TI, we will be there July 6-13!!!!!!!
    Lee and Crystal-Oklahoma.

Default 4 more

Nick and I are so excited to add 4 friends coming to join us on June 28th. JJ and Jim from NC and Mary and Pete from Kentucky. The party is growing! This is Mary and Pete's first time,so we all need to show them the "Couples Love"!

Tim & Julie

1st trip to Couples and Jamaica

June 28th - July 7th

Tim & Julie TX
    1st timers to Jamaica & Couples
    June 28th - July 5th

Count us in for 2012! Just confirmed our trip arriving CTI Aug 1 and departing on Aug 8th for our 15th Wedding Anniversary. See you soon, irie.

Aaron & Kerry

CTI '95
    CN ''02
    CTI '06
    CTI '12 (almost )

Tim and Julie:

Y'all will beat us there by a couple of days. Look forward to meeting you.

We're getting awfully close to a double digit wait. 109 days for us.

Harvey and Jean

Default Can't wait on this end.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCat View Post
    Tim and Julie:

Y'all will beat us there by a couple of days. Look forward to meeting you.

We're getting awfully close to a double digit wait. 109 days for us.

Harvey and Jean

Yeah we read that y'all and another two or three couples will be there at the same time. Can't wait to meet new friends.

I know about the double digits seems like the last few triples are creeping down.

We really can't wait after 22 years together this is our first trip out of the country together. We are so looking forward to it.

Will be looking for you when yall come in.

Sheri & Jeff

Looks like we are going to be there with yall at the same time.

Our first trip to the island and CTI.

Can't wait to meet yall.

Julie grew up around Pittsburgh so she might have something in common with yall. LOL me I am all southern.

Maybe see yall on the ride to the resort depending on arrival times.

Tim & Julie,

We love southern!! We have good friends who live in South Carolina. This will be our second trip - we're sure yall will love it!! We'll be arrving early afternoon on June 28 - hope to see you there!

Jeff & Sheri

You picked a great place for your first venture out of the country. The couples that we will be meeting are folks that we have met at Couples over the years. If you care to, you will meet friends for life.

Like they say, once you go, you know!

Harvey and Jean

Quote Originally Posted by LABLUVERS View Post
    Tim & Julie,

We love southern!! We have good friends who live in South Carolina. This will be our second trip - we're sure yall will love it!! We'll be arrving early afternoon on June 28 - hope to see you there!

Jeff & Sheri

Yeah I believe our flight is landing sometime around 12:30 pm so we will get there before dark. woohoo

Aboslutely can't wait to meet yall.

Tim & Julie

Harvey & Jean

I believe ya. Seems like most people that go always plans to go right back. We can't wait to see a place like that.

Brandon and Amber July 17 - 24 th!

This is our first trip to CTI for our first anniversary! We were married at Sandals in Montego Bay last April and will be enjoying a belated anniversary trip (because I am in nursing school) in July and we are counting down!!

Don't count on it...we booked airfare early and friends choose to wait...needless to say they gave up and booked this weekend for $100 more a ticket than us, today rates went up again and many flights are getting full which leaves worse times to choose from. My advice is book it asap with crude oil continuing rise. Good luck :-)

Sadly you can remove our friends Holly and Roger...they are having to book for 2013 instead. Good news is you can add Bob and Katrina, Missouri for July 21-29.

Down to double digits!

99 days from today we'll be in paradise.

Yeah baby.

Down into double digits finally.

96 days and a wake up.

Wooohooooo.

Oh yeah gonnna be a two time Grandpa any day now.

Well it seems that everything is coming together. Passports are in hand, plane tickets bought. All insurances in place.

Wife picking out her new bathing suits. Can't be having those last year ones now can we? LOL

I am really glad we started reading all of these posts to learn as much as we can to avoid a lot of the so called rookie mistakes. Will probably still make some but not any huge ones hopefully.

Now seems the hardest thing is the waiting game.

Guess the one thing is getting my tan on so I am not milkbone when we get there. LOL

anyway enough for now and all that will be there before, with and after us may the ocean be calm, the skies be blue and the drinks be cold.

92 days

Vince & Maria- NY 6/28 - 7/7

Michael & Vicky, Tom & Andrea, Chris & Barb and Tom & Joanie...looking forward to seeing everyone on the island again!
    Ron & Liz, so sorry we will miss you by a day this year! We will try to leave at least one bottle full for you on the island .
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

Yay! Vince & Maria we are looking forward to seeing you again. I was just asking Michael if he had heard from you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast