Hybrid View

Default Review of the island at CTI, from a first timer

Let me start by saying that I just returned from my honeymoon at CTI, prior to this trip I have never done anykind of public nudity. My wonderful husband I and I spent pretty much our entire week on the island completly nekkid, surrounded by people we had never met before.
    I have never felt more comfortable or less judged in my life, and a complete feeling of security in my relationship.

Our first day, I listened to the message board and found a quiet spot where the two of us quickly disrobed and laid out to soak up the sun. After about a half hour we were getting a little thirstly so we looked at each other and decided to go over to the pool bar, we just figured, screw it, if we're going to do it let's just go for it.

So, while we planned to do all kinds of excursions that week, all we did was hang out at the island. Here's why...

After an hour of being nekkid, you realize that it really is the "natural" way to be. My swimsuit didn't bind me up or create a muffin top, my body just looked like it is supposed to. I never felt like anyone was scrutinzing me, because what can they say? No ones perfect and I'm nekkid but they are too

I don't know if I have ever met a friendlier or more fun group of people in my life. One of our new friends said it best "coming to the island is like running into a bunch of your friends you haven't met yet", so true. And for a couple reasons, I think everyone at the island is outgoing (you have to be to take off your clothes in front of a big group of prople right?) so it's easy to make friends. 2nd reason, you have to have a comfort level in your relationship and with life in general to go for it too. I met a group of people that #1 - love their spouse/signifigant other and #2 - love themselves, it's just a great vibe there.

While at the main resort all week we could hear people talking about what they thought the island was all about, the one thing they all had in common was that they had never been there. As it's been said 1000 times on the message board, once you go, you know. I will squash the "rumor" that anyone there is a swinger or creepy in anyway, no one there gave any kind of indication that they were there for any other reason than to have a great time with THIER OWN spouse. And the feeling there is very non-sexual, if anything people go out of thier way to avoid anything sexual going on in front of others. There is of course a loving embrace or kiss between a couple but no making out or explicit touching.

For those of you considering it, just go for it. Don't worry about if other people are fit or how many people remove body hair, or staying in a spot where no one can see you. RELAX and go for it, you only get one chance at this ride called life. Go your first day, if it's not for you then don't go back, if it's for you then you'll have an amazing time and you'll only be mad at yourself you didn't figure all of this stuff out sooner.

I know that I have now met some folks that I will be friends with for a long time, and that I know just a little more about life because of the people we met there. Viva, April Amigos!!!

Congrats.... and that was an excellent story... Our 1st time being naked with others was at TI in 1999 on our honeymoon... after few drinks jsut did it... 11 yrs later we are members of a resort in our area and visit it in the summer frequently... totally awesome feeling

We are so glad that you had a terrific experience! Now you will have to try San Souci. We like the AN facilities there better than CTI. (Plus you can go to the pool and hot tub at night!) We agree that the AN experience at Couples is great mostly because of the open minded, friendly people you meet there. Like the energizer bunny, we just keep going and going and going!

Future Mrs Cowan, that was a great review and I am sure that others trawling this website will be pleased to hear that despite your early anguish, everything worked out really well. There is a 'feedback after your vacation' thread just next to this one and I would suggest that you also paste your review into the there. It will be invaluable to others that are keen to know about AN but may be a little reticent. I am so envious of those who hail from the USA! I mean, the caribbean is on your doorstep and it seems so easy to jump on a plane and be 'home' in a few hours. For us in the UK it is a really full day to get there, including 10.25 hours on a plane. Having said that, we tend to book a full two weeks so get more time at CSS and SSB!! YAY! I am so glad that being AN was a life changing experience for you and your husband.

Congrats and well put. Our 1st trip to TI was in 2009 after being at CTI 2 times before. The day we went, we were the 1st ones there. After about 10 mins. of being on the right side, it became boring so off to the pool & bar. Thats when the fun began talking with other couples. NO one cared that no one didn't have any swimsuits on. Very at ease feeling. GREAT couples with GREAT drinks= GREAT time!!!

Always loved the Isle...but losing several days because the water was "too rough" to take the boat means I will never book there again. (that...and bad memories with an ex !)

Looks like after several trips to GLB (RIP), my next trip will be to CSS !

I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience at Tower Isle. My wife and I will be heading back in 27 days for our 13th visit . Each time we get to meet some wonderful people and re-visit with old friends who come back each year. 'The relaxed atmosphere of the island is exactly what we love and you are correct about going on the first day. Every year we meet one or two couples that wait til the last day and are so dissappointed that they waited.

The new dock should elimintate the island being closed for rough waters...

Great! You should put this in the "Feedback after your vacation" thread.

futureMrsCowan...one of the best reviews and description on TI I have ever read on this board.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt