Thread: Rum Cream?

Default Rum Cream?

I've seen on alot of posts people talking about bringing rum cream back. So...what is rum cream? Also what is the hummingbird drink I read alot about at CSA?

Rum cream... Sangsters... think Bailey's except with rum instead of Irish Whiskey... great stuff... AND it comes in a few flavors... personally, I prefer the original.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Hummingbird is rum cream, Tis Maria, half a banana, milk, fruit syrup and blend with ice. Somebody will correct me if this recipe is wrong. Enjoy

Softail19,

Your ingredient list is absolutely correct, but to be more specific, the fruit syrup should be Strawberry Syrup. We've found that Mucker's has the best. Coming up with the correct ratio is the hard part. We've found that 5 parts Rum Cream, 4 parts Tia Maria (which they no longer sell in PA liquor stores, so now we have to find a source for both Rum Cream and Tia Maria), 3 part Milk, 2 squirts Strawberry Syrup, and 1 whole banana, blended thoroughly with ice makes about 2.5 large Hummingbirds. Plus it's easy to remember, just 5-4-3-2-1. I miss them so much!!!

Icemiller, thanks for the info. I just scribbled down the recipe and didn't have the specifics. I miss them too!

Awe Rum Cream. I brought 6 bottles back with me last time. I made everyone carry two! lol Rum Cream on the rocks or Rum Cream and Frangelico......dreamy!

Default Rum Cream Recipe

Just in case you didn't bring home enough rum cream until your next vacation, here is a recipe that's pretty simple to make and pretty good...

Ingredients
    2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
    4 Tsp instant coffee (or Fresh Brewed)
    tsp ground cinnamon
    tsp vanilla extract
    tsp coconut extract

How to make it