Thread: Room key

Default Room key

For guests attending my wedding, I want to utilize a plastic badge holder with a lanyard to store the room keys. My question is, is the room key the one most hotels in the U.S. give you during your stay? Credit card size/width?

Yes it is that size. I have to tell you though I wouldn't have wanted to have to get the card out of the plastic every time I wanted in the room...and it will have to be out of the plastic to be used. Also, I doubt anyone is going to wear it on that lanyard so that part doesn't serve much purpose either. I understand you are looking for a cute and useful gift for your guests but I am just not sure that's it. Just my thoughts, maybe others will disagree. Just hate to see you spend your money on something your guests won't fully appreciate.

Yep

At which Couples property are you getting married? We've only been to CN but the doors there are keyed with good old fashioned metal keys. No key cards at CN unless it's been recently updated.

Congratulations!

They are at CSA.

For the newer rooms, yes. As of a couple of years ago the older rooms still had metal keys, I think.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sherrynchuck View Post
    Yes it is that size. I have to tell you though I wouldn't have wanted to have to get the card out of the plastic every time I wanted in the room...and it will have to be out of the plastic to be used. Also, I doubt anyone is going to wear it on that lanyard so that part doesn't serve much purpose either. I understand you are looking for a cute and useful gift for your guests but I am just not sure that's it. Just my thoughts, maybe others will disagree. Just hate to see you spend your money on something your guests won't fully appreciate.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Never thought about the hassle taking it out the plastic when its time to open the door.

Yes. I will be at CSA.

I've been to CTI and CSA and they both used key cards. When we shared a dive boat with CN (this was just a few weeks ago), guests looked like they had physical keys on a stretchy band for their rooms.

I was at CN in February and have been going for 3 years and they have the metal key on a wrist band that you can wear.

I think we may have just discovered the most effective "beach vendor magnet" ever devised by man.

Stayed in the older section at CSA last year they had those key cards. We found that telling a beach vendor that your staying at couples raise the prices, lol

While a lanyard is a bad idea I believe the cards have holes in them so you could get the keychain thing with your wedding info monogrammed or even a badge holder type keychain that will slide the card in and out.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

What kind of room keys does CSS have now? We have not been there sine 2006.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sherrynchuck View Post
    I agree that the lanyard is not a good idea. I can't image always having the hot sticky thing hanging around my neck. I think a beach bag would be of much better use.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

You know I think that's a good idea for your guests. Plus an added bonus with the plastic holder. It makes sense to me. When we were there (CSA) in February our cards got deactivated three times. Thus, we had to walk all the way up to the front and get new ones. So I think with your device this makes sense to me. Have fun! Enjoy!

It seems like with the humidity it would be a real PITA trying to get the card in and out all the time. Plus I wouldn't really want a lanyard tan line. lol

We had a few issues with our card as well but I'm not sure that a plastic holder would have prevented the problem. I don't know what happened, why the card suddenly quit working but I can't see that having carried it in a simple plastic case would have had an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelpatty View Post
    What kind of room keys does CSS have now? We have not been there sine 2006.
    Thank you
    card