Default Alcohol entering the United States

Past trips have enabled us to purchase alcohol at Sangster after we have checked in. Allowed on carry -on
    baggage. Once we cleared customs in the States, then it had to entered into checked baggage for our connecting flight. Have those rules changed because of recent events?

Not at this time...if purchased in the secure area you can carry it on the plane until you clear customs at which point you must put it in your checked luggage as you describe to proceed on to your connection since it will exceed the amount of liquid allowed as a carry-on.

If you booked through a travel agent you have good access to up to date info and you could contact them right before you leave to clarify regulation changes. If you didn't use a travel agent your best source of information will be the airline or TSA online (assuming the website gets updated promptly). Right now seems a good time to get the info as close to your travel date as possible so you don't risk leaving your souvenirs behind. Good thinking to ask.

We just traveled the last week of march and purchased liquor at sangster. We were then able to put it into our checked luggage at our layover in miami... NO WORRIES! I did however forget to put my jerk sauce purchases in my suitcase and had to leave them behind I tried to give them to strangers leaving the airport to no avail... so send me some grays hot sauce please

That's what we did last week. No breakage!

When I went to CN in 2007 they made us put our bottle in our checked bag also.

Things have not changed, and I doubt seriously that they ever will. This is because "things" have not really changed. OBL was just one person.

I find it unbelievable that there was a time when I could carry two bottles of overproof onto a plane here in the States. Let's face it... once you reach your port of entry, you are one step removed from the "sterility" of the checkin process at your departure point. I'm very much in favor of enhanced security for air travel. The risk of loss of a bottle of hooch is a small price to pay to help insure I get home safely.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Things have not changed, and I doubt seriously that they ever will. This is because "things" have not really changed. OBL was just one person.

I find it unbelievable that there was a time when I could carry two bottles of overproof onto a plane here in the States. Let's face it... once you reach your port of entry, you are one step removed from the "sterility" of the checkin process at your departure point. I'm very much in favor of enhanced security for air travel. The risk of loss of a bottle of hooch is a small price to pay to help insure I get home safely.
    Your post is one reason I would like a "like" button on this board.
    Vicky

just flew back to states on the 5th. Mobay to atlanta on delta they said if landing in atlanta or memphis all duty free liquids had to be packed into checked baggage weather you had connecting flight or not!! Why just these two airports don't have that answer but glad had checked baggage due to buying some duty free rum cream at mobay!

Todd & Linda
    CSS
    April 2008, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2010, April 2011, April 2012, April 2013, April 2014

Default No Problem

I just flew out of mo bay today to dallas. I purchsed rum cream in mo bay got to dallas and put it in my checked bag no problem!!