Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Beer selection at CSA

We will be heading for our honeymoon to CSA for the first time from 5/30-6/6 and we were just wondering what the beer selection was like and if there are any Jamaican beers to try besides Red Stripe.

Red Stripe is the only Jamaican beer. In the mini bar they had Carib which is manufactured in Trinidad and Tobago, we found it to be drinkable but nothing to brag about. We were happy to be in a BFVS and we preferred to walk to the beach bar and grab a couple Red Stripes though we did partake of a couple cans of the Carib over the week we were there just to be sure our first impression wasn't misguided. There were other beers at the resort but nothing you can't get back home and we prefer Red Stripe, we even try to buy it at home when we can.

You can get the Guiness Foreign Extra Stout at the fitness center and the Martini Bar. Go to the fitness center and ask for a "Power Punch". You won't be disappointed.

Oh, and just to clarify, I understand that Guiness is Irish. However, the foreign extra stout is actually brewed in Kingston and according to Bono, is better that what they brew in Dublin

You can get Miller Lite at the pool bar and beach bars. Maybe all of the bars but last year those 3 had Miller Lite.

Carib is awesome - kind of like a budweiser.

This is coming from a guy who will literally drink anything with alcohol in it though....

Quote Originally Posted by AnnArbor_707 View Post
    Carib is awesome - kind of like a budweiser.

This is coming from a guy who will literally drink anything with alcohol in it though....
    Me too! (everything except Carib)

They also have Heineken available at certain places at CSA (I remember seeing it at restaurants mostly).

Carib is not awesome. At all. It's like natty lite but not quite as bad. But when it's hot and you're in the room, it'll work.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    You can get Miller Lite at the pool bar and beach bars. Maybe all of the bars but last year those 3 had Miller Lite.
    Being from WI I am very excited to hear this. I cannot wait to tell my fiance.

Ask for a Dragon Stout. It is normally not stocked but you may get lucky. Or try one down the beach at one of the local beach bars.

They 've always had Heiniken upstairs at the martini bar..

Dragon Stout is FANTASTIC, I usually grab some at the shuttle stop on the way in. If the Power Punch is what I think it is (Guinness, ice, and that special ingredient) then I too am a big fan, especially after a good work out or spa treatment. Another good beer cocktail is a Michelada, brisk and refreshing.

I mostly drink Red Stripe at the resort though, it just goes so well with everything. Not a fan of Carib either, but it suffices if I can't be bothered to make a rum and coke in the room. I guess Red Stripe doesn't come in cans, which is why we have Carib?

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncassy View Post
    Dragon Stout is FANTASTIC, I usually grab some at the shuttle stop on the way in. If the Power Punch is what I think it is (Guinness, ice, and that special ingredient) then I too am a big fan, especially after a good work out or spa treatment. Another good beer cocktail is a Michelada, brisk and refreshing.

I mostly drink Red Stripe at the resort though, it just goes so well with everything. Not a fan of Carib either, but it suffices if I can't be bothered to make a rum and coke in the room. I guess Red Stripe doesn't come in cans, which is why we have Carib?
    I specifically asked for Red Stripe in my room at CN and they gave it to me, in the bottle.

I requested red stripe for my mini bar both on paper and in person. I was told they couldn't stock it. However I noticed that there were cases of them on the cart that stocked them. Even when I pointed it out I still was denied. This was at CSA in 2009. I will try again next week.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

Does CSA still offer Red Stripe light on tap at the bars? We were at CSS in Feb and they did'nt.

The Red Stripe in Jamaica tastes better than the Red Stripe thats in the States.......fact

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post
    I requested red stripe for my mini bar both on paper and in person. I was told they couldn't stock it. However I noticed that there were cases of them on the cart that stocked them. Even when I pointed it out I still was denied. This was at CSA in 2009. I will try again next week.
    We also tried it just this past October and were denied. NOT a fan of the Carib...drinkable but not tasty. In the room we either had Ting, fruit juice or walked to the beach bar for a Red Stripe. It would complete the whole picture if we could get Red Stripe in the room.

Yes Sherrynchuck, It would complete the whole picture. I am not a fan of Carib or for that matter anything on draft. If there was an option to pay more and have Red Stripe bottles in the room I am in!

Hoping someone answers zaraforty's question about Red Stripe Light cause I would like to know the same answer please! Love Red Stripe but lets be honest Red Stripe Light is sooo much better for you...hey not that I'm saying beer is good for you but Red Stripe has alot of sugar in it and Red Stripe Light has none which I'm all about!!

Hey Sherry, can you go to the bar and request like 4 or 6 Red Stripes to take back to your room every evening?
    Sherry, we need to become friends....I have so many questions and I think you can answer all of them!! Plus I think you are from Nebraska?? or somewhere close and we're from Oklahoma!

Red Stripe Light was on tap at CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    Hey Sherry, can you go to the bar and request like 4 or 6 Red Stripes to take back to your room every evening?
    Sherry, we need to become friends....I have so many questions and I think you can answer all of them!! Plus I think you are from Nebraska?? or somewhere close and we're from Oklahoma!
    lol!
    I know they'd let you have some, tho not a whole bottle of vodka like one lady I met requested for her room...haha

You sure could request that many but it's in cups not bottles so it wouldn't be such a great idea.

We are from Nebraska...southeast Nebraska about 30 minutes from the southern border and about the same from the eastern border. Where in Oklahoma are you from? We have some great friends that are from Okalahoma...awesome folks!

What questions do you have? If there are a ton you could email me...sherry@lostshoeranch.com

Isn't there a bar within a few steps from each of the rooms ? This thread cracks me up. If I had a red stripe light, carib, guiness, budweiser, whatever however... IN MY ROOM.... I'd be happy. If for some reason I was uppity and didn't want to touch the rim of a carib bottle to my mouth because of the inferior taste I could never picture complaining about it. Maybe I'm just too young or low-class, but you're on vacation and a beer is a beer!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast