Default questions concerning golf at CSS vs CTI

My wife and I have spent the last few years splitting our vacation between BRB and Couples Negril. For us a perfect vacation includes an early morning golf game beginning at about 7AM follwed by an afternoon on the beach (AN or regular). We have enjoyed Negril Hills but are considering to change our split to either CSS or CTI from CN as the transfer time (even when using a private driver) eats up a good part of a day.
    Questions:
    1. Do CSS and CTI use the same golf course?
    2. How does the course compare to either Superclubs (Breezes) or Negril Hills?
    3. How far away are the courses from the resorts?
    4. Is it possible to catch a route taxi to ensure we get to the course as early as possible and back to the resort? We just don't care for taking "the bus". We do carry a local phone so can call for pick ups once we connect with a decent taxi driver.
    5. Do the same sort of costs apply as at other courses (green fees included; caddy fees, tips and carts not included)? We will bring all our own golf gear.
    6. Can we leave our equipment safely at the golf course overnight? We've done this routinely at BRB, but not at Negril Hills as it just seemed a bit less controlled at NH.

Not worried about the amenities at either CSS or CTI if they are anything like CN. We do enjoy being part of a livelier group of beach/pool people (which explains why we like BRB, CN is a bit on the sedate side for us). which resort would you say has a better daytime party atmosphere? We are not usually late night partiers as the golf course is calling us early every morning.

Hope some other experienced golfers can help us out .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjc123 View Post
    My wife and I have spent the last few years splitting our vacation between BRB and Couples Negril. For us a perfect vacation includes an early morning golf game beginning at about 7AM follwed by an afternoon on the beach (AN or regular). We have enjoyed Negril Hills but are considering to change our split to either CSS or CTI from CN as the transfer time (even when using a private driver) eats up a good part of a day.
    Questions:
    1. Do CSS and CTI use the same golf course?

Yes, it is UPTON GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB, par 71 with a slope of 125. 6404 yards long.

2. How does the course compare to either Superclubs (Breezes) or Negril Hills?

It is harder and better kept up. It is owned by a big resort

3. How far away are the courses from the resorts?

10 to 15 min.

4. Is it possible to catch a route taxi to ensure we get to the course as early as possible and back to the resort? We just don't care for taking "the bus". We do carry a local phone so can call for pick ups once we connect with a decent taxi driver.

You leave at 8am so you are early and the bus will bring you back for lunch. If you want to a cab back you can.

5. Do the same sort of costs apply as at other courses (green fees included; caddy fees, tips and carts not included)? We will bring all our own golf gear.

Yes, shared caddy $25 for 18 holes if you are riding, cart $40. Yes you need to tip

6. Can we leave our equipment safely at the golf course overnight? We've done this routinely at BRB, but not at Negril Hills as it just seemed a bit less controlled at NH.

Yes you can, just have to ask.

Not worried about the amenities at either CSS or CTI if they are anything like CN. We do enjoy being part of a livelier group of beach/pool people (which explains why we like BRB, CN is a bit on the sedate side for us). which resort would you say has a better daytime party atmosphere? We are not usually late night partiers as the golf course is calling us early every morning.

It all depends on the group at the resort at the time.

Hope some other experienced golfers can help us out .

Thanks
    You will enjoy either resort.
    Irie Mon

I can answer 2 questions--yes, the resorts use the same golf course, but I can't remember which one. Don't know how it works for transfer if you are doing the "free" golf, but the shuttle leaves at 8 from CTI. As for social life, with CTI being more compact, I think it's more social. We have visited SSB at CSS on two occasions and prefer TI for the AN experience, but that is our experience.
    Vicky

1. Yes
    2. Haven't used Breezes, but have been to GLB and wasn't impressed.
    3. 15 minutes? maybe?
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Some have, we personally take ours back and forth, but that has been at any resort that we stay at.

If you are looking for a more lively daytime atmosphere I would go with CTI unless you plan to go to the AN beach and then either would work fine.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come